It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, What happened?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This is based on personal experience and I am purely looking to see if anyone, (besides the people i've talked to in person) believe what I believe.

The whole thing about 2012 being the "awakening" for the world conscious seemed so fake and impossible that I had first completely blocked the idea from my mind, instead, finding the whole, "metoers, earthquake, messiah' etc more believable.

Now, I am reflective of what happened during that time, and I think I truly understand what people meant by the "conscious/awakening era".

once 2013 came, I hit major depression for the first time in my life. I thought it might have been due to the fact that I transferred universities/broke up with my girlfriend, but now that im reflecting on it, it seems to be bigger than that.

I would literally cry at any movie or tv show. I remember watching Full House, (bob saget) and cried every time someone was even slightly miss-treated or felt upset. Same went, (pathetically yet not embarrassingly) for Pokemon, which I loved as a child so there were some real reflective feels there.

My question is: Did anyone notice a time after 2012 when the way they did things changed? Or the way they thought about things? Since then, I have done all I can to make people happy and have always tried to help others by teaching. I know of several people, both friends and non friends that have gone through that same change. We are all around the same age, give or take 2/3 years. After going through the depression, we all have admitted that we are different people, and that we now have a broader understanding of things. I have even noticed moments where these people and I can "connect" and really, truly understand what the other believes and is thinking. Anyone ever have something like that?

I am a deep thinker, so things like this interest me to no end and I will most likely keep pondering what actually happened/what is actually happening as humans evolve. Evolution hasn't stopped. Like all other animals, evolution continues, but it is hard to notice it in the moment.

Anyways, I can run my thoughts for days on paper but I want to keep this short so people will actually feel like reading it

Regards

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Wrong how? relative to what?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by linknumbernine

2012 proved to be the biggest life changing year since I was born. Everything culminated and I decided to crawl OUT of my depression and transcend to live life to its fullest. I ended up losing the woman I Loved for 15 years, my children that were my world, and basically wound up homeless and back to despair by 2013.

BUT, by the end of January of this year I met a woman that connected with me on a level so deep we finish each other's sentences and respond to people at the same time with the same response. I have heard twins do this. At first it was a bit freaky, but the Love has been nonstop since that snowy January night.

I don't know about globally, but locally, as you have said, I have noticed a shift in many people in regards to their attitudes and perceptions. Good of you to bring it up. Cheers!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

This just might be something for you to read...

Take it as you will of course

Born of the flesh vs. spirit

edit on 18-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Not to sound insensitive, but depression happens.

It doesn't mean some cosmic change brought about by the number of a year made it happen.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

This "great awakening" idea was cooked up to fool folks, the ones who don't buy into the idea that jesus is gonna save us, or the benevolent aliens are gonna save us...
Look folks, santa and the easter bunny are not gonna save us, only we can.
But as long as the masses are hoping for something to save them while sitting on their butts because they are just too lazy to effect some changes...
Nothing will happen, the game continues.
Grow a garden, raise chickens and rabbits, stop using banks (close your accounts), use solar and wind, stop shopping at walmart, stop playing their game, and we win!
The "great awakening" is something you do to yourself, if you do this and live well and happy, others will emulate you and you will have turned the tide.
I hate big corp, the best revenge is living well and being happy.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Hello my dear brothers and sisters,

It has been the same with me, 2012 was the most critical year for me in terms of being met with some people that were in such a position in my life that I was easily able to hate them. At the end of 2012, in December, this negative feeling towards them culminated and in January and February everything in my consciousness changed dramatically. I was able to perceive the love even in them - i was able to see them as myself in another light and forgive them everything.

When i did that, everything changed in terms of my circumstances. I was able to give and receive much more love than before.

I even felt it was the right time to do the "A wanderer speaks out - Q&A on universal questions thread". From my perspective, it was a beautiful experience in so many ways. Even the forum moderators tried to stop it, this time gently, by moving it to the LOL forum but still, many people were so genuinly interested.

Thank you for everything my friends. We'll get there

BrotherofSorrow

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I liked 2012. The suspense made me research more in different areas than my main interests. We are properly prepared for a vast amount of short term disasters. Even though these disasters are presently hitting everywhere else, it doesn't mean that they will never come this way. I am not prepared for any kind of disaster lasting more than two months, but I trust that our society can respond after six weeks to a disaster. Other countries will also help.

So what is wrong with awakening to see reality, many people have opened their eyes. Initially there is confusion and disbelief that reality is not what we are led to believe. Studying the causes of this deception that is thoroughly integrated into our society makes you feel less confused and much better. Half of what is touted as real is actually a misconception beyond the comprehension of most people. When the lies started many generations ago we cannot truly comprehend the truth, we have been led to believe many of the lies our parents believed.

So after you understand that what is thought to be normal is not, it gives you a sense of peace. The chaos that was ongoing in your mind is gone. I see a lot of people still in this chaos state, worried about everything and trying to help others. Trouble is that there are many that take advantage of this niceness and the contributions to many charitable organizations are just scams. There are a lot of good honest organizations, once your awareness gets better, you research these and try to donate your money wisely. The government isn't going to shut these things down, the worst ones donate to campaigns and are the creation of the ones on top. Many of the people working in these and promoting them are not aware that the money is not used properly.

We need to help others in need, just make sure you are not lining the pockets of the deceitful.

So once you are fully awake, you calm down again. The transition is very scarey but the result is worth it. Don't try to change the world on the path to awakening, just take it easy and try to find the truth. The truth has been cut by occams razor, but it still exists. It is shielded from our eyes by those who spread deceit but it does exist.

Now I know I am a little nuts when comparing my way of thinking to the consensus of society. I wouldn't want it any other way. Awakening is exciting at first and it is easy to go astray initially. Don't forget to listen to what others say, it helps to pay attention. When something doesn't seem right, research it with an open mind, looking at both sides of the story to find how people are perceiving it.

I think society is spoiled and a little off kilt here in America. Choosing sides is easier than looking for the truth. People who awaken search for the truth. Those who seeked the truth in the past were called wise men. They were also called Sages. Strange the correlation between wisemen being called sages and the fact that sage is a notropic and raises your ability to think. Rosemary also helps us think, and it can help slow the progression of alzheimers and memory loss. So stick some poultry seasoning on your chicken instead of buying the store prepared chickens and it will help you to awaken. Eat some fish also and drink your coffee.

Boy do I stray off topic a lot.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Amazing, it does seem to me that there is a shift going on. When I truly sit and think about it, I notice myself being drawn more and more towards it. At first I thought I was utterely obsessed and insane for feeling like this but I am happy to know that there are people who feel like this. I think a lot of people do, but many do not understand it for what it is

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

youre right, Im not trying to draw irrational allusions between years and my personal life, BUT I was truly surprised because I know others who went through the same. ALSO, this has been the most severely changing period of my life, which is very significant relative to me.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Thank you! (I love LSP and the whole AdTime gang!)

It feels good to know that others feel this way. I assume youre older than me too, which is very joyous to know that this isnt something just happening to my friends and I. But we are all friends no? What makes us different? The fact that I don't directly know you? What if we all really do....on a deep, deep, deep level that is so covert and has been suppressed for so long that we lost almost all touch with it?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It was always about 2013, and more specifically November 2013.
12/21/12 was about preparation, if you will.
11/22/13 won't be long now.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I agree. These actions are completely based on personal goals and achievments. I was simply wondering if anyone else shared the feelings.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Akragon

This just might be something for you to read...

Take it as you will of course

Born of the flesh vs. spirit

edit on 18-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Great link thank you! Its honestly pretty hard sometimes when people don't feel the same way, when people frown upon you for thinking what you think. WHY? can't they understand that people are different? I see people who actively practice anger and instill fear in people. why? Can't they understand that thats not what is best for everyone??

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OneFreeMan

curious, what is to happen on 11/22/13?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Nothing happened. But we learned a few things about ourselves, our apprehensions, and to not believe in predictions.

We should be smarter the next time because of this huge "error".
ie: Mayan prophecies, doomsday preppers, survivalists, movies, tv shows, predictors and preachers....all were wrong.

They were supposed to be the absolute PROOF everything would happen the way it was predicted. Yet it did...not.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

linknumbernine

Thank you! (I love LSP and the whole AdTime gang!)

It feels good to know that others feel this way. I assume youre older than me too, which is very joyous to know that this isnt something just happening to my friends and I. But we are all friends no? What makes us different? The fact that I don't directly know you? What if we all really do....on a deep, deep, deep level that is so covert and has been suppressed for so long that we lost almost all touch with it?

It was a concious decision to change my life in 2012. I dropped 75 lbs between groundhog day and labor day. I was excited about my family reaching its full potential, but had the rug yanked out from under me. And hit the lowest point, after attaining so much. I remember telling my psychiatrist my wife and I were breaking up last September. He shook his head in disbelief because of the sheer number of his patients coming in with the same story in such a short time frame.
I'm probably not that much older. Pokemon was just starting to get big while I was in high school, I was 10 when the NES hit stateside, I even had the one with ROB the robot.
And it's always Adventure Time!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
All I can say is that it has pretty much been a very strange year for me too, I suffered a major depression and started suffering from various health problems in 2012, to a point in which I was convincing myself that I didn't have much longer to live.
But since the beginning of this year, slowly slowly I have noticed a change in the way I think and in the way I react to certain situations and emotions. Like I don't give half the importance to things and emotions like before, not in a depressive detached way, but like knowing that everything is gonna be fine, things are the way they should be.
And It's only getting more apparent by the day.
I have taken up meditation more regularly and had many weird sleep paralysis moments, In some of them I felt slight OBE's but never fully. I've felt like electrical discharges through my body and seen bright flashes of light during some meditation sessions as well, never had happened before.
Recently I have found myself doing and saying things that I would have never had the guts to say just until a few months ago.
Funnily I have too found myself being overly emotional over things I watch on the internet, movies and music, lol

Is this all related to a global shift of consciousness? I'd love to think so, but who knows really.
I don't know or haven't met anyone personally with similar stories.
ATS is the only place where I have found people with similar claims, read quite a few posts here regarding deep personal changes throughout the year. I guess similar people do come together in one way or another

I think we should just enjoy this new perspective of things and make the most of it.
And not to try to label it, I found it makes a sort of separation between myself and others who might not think like me or believe in the same things I do. And I feel we are all in this together.
If it does end up being related to a 'new wave of intergalactic energy' or to the 2012 prophecy I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

peace

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
People create change directly or indirectly.
The universe is made up of chaos changing and bending almost constantly.
You can change for better or worse, a number is meaningless unless you put a meaning there yourself.
Otherwise what you think is up to you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join