It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Mom's 'Thanks a Lot' letter to Obama goes viral

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by YayMayorBee

One day soon you're going to find yourself in an uncomfortable situation, economic or otherwise, and you won't find anyone around who cares.

Karma can be a real bitch, but hopefully you learn your lesson after the first major smacking it gives you.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I see a lot of people from other countries saying they don't understand why we don't have free healthcare.

Frankly I for one don't want free healthcare from anyone. I don't want free anything from anyone. I spent four years in Canada and had coverage while I was there and yes I enjoyed having my free rabies vaccination as opposed to the $150 I had to pay here for the same vaccine last year.

Everyone has their own opinion but I for one don't want the government telling me when I can go to the doctor, who I can see, when I can see them, and what tests they can run. All that does is put more control into their already overly greedy and controlling hands.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

demongoat
what a stupid "letter", which i have a feeling was written to make people angry and to feed an already poisonous view of a voted in president.
does anyone know how the government works in this country? or how the ACA works? no it seems not, if you believe this sob story should be taken seriously.

lots of people suffer just like the claimed person in this letter, and they are smart enough to know that this letter is BS piled on BS. oh it feels good to point fingers, but pointing fingers at singular individuals.

if "she" wants to point fingers she can go look in a mirror too, because she is just as much to blame for the mess as the president, whether through how she voted or by who she supports, we sadly all are.

she shouldn't be thanking obama, she should be thanking the morons blinded by pipedream philosophy and imaginary economic systems like trickle down economics. of course she could thank congress for being a bunch of greedy idiots who are more concerned about elections than doing their jobs.

thank you america, you screwed yourselves over, but thankfully it is fixable if we try. the ACA was an okay attempt but special interests screwed that up and now it's just a mechanism for big business to make money. of course to fix this, a lot of americans need to a new worldview...but i have a feeling that will never happen.

Please put the numbers behind your post

Please provide the names of the special interest groups, names of congressmen the lobbied, and the riders you imply exist

I will even let the "we have to pass it so we can see what is in it" remark by the then speaker not be part of it

Please explain what this world view the Americans have that need fixing

As for SOB stories
where are the households going to generate the extra money

I mean prostitution and drug running is available..

So where is the money of an extra three to six hundred a month going to come from...

Since you seem to be aware of this.. Please provide links to help educate the lacking world view

The money is not there
Her story does not individually have to be true.. The scenario is there mathematically

I know three people going through this

How much money have you given people to help them
How much food have you taken them, my line was I bought to much and cant store it.. It will just go bad in my fridge

What have you done to help

Or wait is it Ike's fault, or Lincolns, or Martin Luther king's fault..they were all republican

Drop the innuendo...

smart enough to know this is BS
No it is not.. Your response is

Again who have you helped out..

I ask for links with the numbers that special interest have derailed the ACA..

On second thought I might have to give that to you
It was a friend of the Presidents wife that designed the site - Made millions
The administration did know that you couldnt keep your healthcare plans you had...

My apologies.. you are correct it was special interest that derailed it

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Aelanne
I see a lot of people from other countries saying they don't understand why we don't have free healthcare.

Frankly I for one don't want free healthcare from anyone. I don't want free anything from anyone. I spent four years in Canada and had coverage while I was there and yes I enjoyed having my free rabies vaccination as opposed to the $150 I had to pay here for the same vaccine last year.

Everyone has their own opinion but I for one don't want the government telling me when I can go to the doctor, who I can see, when I can see them, and what tests they can run. All that does is put more control into their already overly greedy and controlling hands.

That's what I get from people we talk to.

The choice of where to go to get health ins. & pick the plan that suits them best.
Like with car ins.

And if they choose to forego the insurance altogether, that's their prerogative, their risk.

To be told that THIS is what you have to choose from, A-B-C or D, all from the same place is NOT what the people want. We want to be able to shop around.

I believe that this is the reason no other administration touched this, it's way too complex and complicated.

They need to 'null & void' this thing, scrap it and start over. Keeping in mind what to keep and what to leave out.
And by God think of us, the people, and what will actually help us VS. hurt us

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with being stupid in general and failure at life in general, by her OWN admission, this ladies life is barely functioning, she can't even earn enough to take proper care of her kids. Yet somehow she the Belligerent GALL to call out the President of the United States, for NOT understanding FAILURE? Of course he doesn't understand it as innately as this women because he is a WINNER. When your life is as disastrous shape as this womens, she should look in the mirror and pledge to herself to do better, and have the grace to realize you are in no shape to be giving advice to ANYONE.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

You DO NOT have a clue. Read my post on page 3 to nightstalker. It entails how hubby and I went from being well paid American citizens to financial ruin. Not pretty.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eggman90

Or, another option would be working in a funeral parlor. Because.....everyone dies.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

kingofthenet
There is nothing wrong with being stupid in general and failure at life in general, by her OWN admission, this ladies life is barely functioning, she can't even earn enough to take proper care of her kids. Yet somehow she the Belligerent GALL to call out the President of the United States, for NOT understanding FAILURE? Of course he doesn't understand it as innately as this women because he is a WINNER. When your life is as disastrous shape as this womens, she should look in the mirror and pledge to herself to do better, and have the grace to realize you are in no shape to be giving advice to ANYONE.

Did you even understand the purpose of this letter at all??

It was directed at Obama due to Obamacare, jacking up the prices on health care plans and limiting choices that people have.
So people like her, who are already having to watch their money, are now going to have to pay out even more for health care because of Obamacare.
It has nothing to do with her being 'stupid', it has to do with Obamacare costing people more per month than their original plan, which they are being forced to drop.
[read about how many people have lost their old plans due to OC]

Hence why she was addressing this to Obama, who promised that people 'could keep their old plans'...LIE #1
And prices would be affordable....LIE #2

If you want to talk about 'gall'...
How about the President having the gall to pass such a piece of crap as Obamacare, and deceiving the American people with all his empty promises of what it will and will not do.
Which he also lied about when running for re-election, claiming Romney and others were lying trying to scare people up. Now that's it's passed, people are running scared.

And she wasn't giving advice.
She was venting......there is a difference

edit on 19-11-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

So, Obama grew up poor?

I see. So, explain to me how he managed to go to Punahou High School.

Where this is your tuition:

Tuition for the 2013 – 2014 school year for Kindergarten – Grade 12 is $19,950.

I can see that he really suffered in that single parent home. I'm sure he went hungry plenty of times.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

By the tone of the letter this FAILURE of a women most likely doesn't qualify for the ACA, because she is too poor for ANY plan, but she WOULD qualify for Medicaid if her idiot Governor would simply take the money. EVERY one of these 'ObamaCare' Horror stories end with ignorant 'Tea Party' types going off half-cocked with no idea what they are talking about, every one I have seen on Fox News would wind up with FAR better HealthCare at a cheaper price, when examined by REAL Journalists.
edit on 19-11-2013 by kingofthenet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by YayMayorBee

I'm sorry, but this isn't about not taking personal responsibility.

Anytime you have a workable budget and someone comes along and passes a law that threatens to plunk another monthly bill in your lap that's comparable to your mortgage ... it can be really, really disruptive to an otherwise workable budget.

If you have one working parent in a single family home or two working parents, it's not like one or the other or even both of them can suddenly go into their boss and say, "Hey, the ACA has dropped an $800 bill into our laps is there any way we can get an $800 raise to cover that?"

So then you're looking at trimming here and there or saving less or not at all and when that happens all of a sudden you're only a few fiscal disasters away from true catastrophe.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

You know what would be a TRUE catastrophe for ME? These losers not having proper coverage, then having a Heart Attack or Stroke and leaving me and all other rate payers/tax payers on the hook for the whole bill.Tell you what, get rid of the ACA, the day after hospitals can deny care to indigent people or we bring back debtors prisons.

BTW: All the people who are that tight with money are going to be getting generous subsidies.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

kingofthenet

By the tone of the letter this FAILURE of a women most likely doesn't qualify for the ACA, because she is too poor for ANY plan, but she WOULD qualify for Medicaid if her idiot Governor would simply take the money. EVERY one of these 'ObamaCare' Horror stories end with ignorant 'Tea Party' types going off half-cocked with no idea what they are talking about, every one I have seen of Fox News would wind up with FAR better HealthCare at a cheaper price, when examined by REAL Journalists.

Are you for real?
Have you been paying attention to the chaos going on surrounding OC?

It has nothing to do with the Tea Party, not when the DEMS are distancing themselves from it.
Why you ask? ....because they know it is NOT what the citizens were promised.

Remember the lady that Obama paraded around, using her as an example of the benefits she would get with OC? Well, take a look for yourself...
Obamacare Poster Child Will Have To Opt Out Of Insurance

Open your eyes and start reading about the real issues it is causing people.
The so-called Tea Party is not causing people to lose their plans, OC is.
The Tea Party is not causing the prices to go up, OC is.
And looks like many more are going to loose their plans as well.

I'm an Independent and you can not keep blaming every thing on the Tea Party....
The ones responsible for this is Obama, Pelosi, Reed....remember "we have to pass this to see what's in it"
Yeah, right....well know we know what's in it and it is not looking good.

edit on 19-11-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofthenet

We won't, and we are that tight with our money because I lost my job right after we moved into our house. With the job I had, our budget was more than comfortable. Then things crashed and I was left with the part-time job I have now. We now have a tight budget, but still workable. I'd like to find another full-time job obviously, but in five years, that hasn't yet happened. Jobs in my field are difficult to get here in this part of the country.

If Obamacare hits my husband's health insurance next year and we get dropped into the exchange, it will have the effect of dropping a small tactical nuke into our budget. There is no way we can trim our current budget enough to make ends meet with the projected bill we will get even if we downsize back into an apartment.

And we make too much to qualify for subsidy. This is because we are still paying college loans.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

ketsuko

We won't, and we are that tight with our money because I lost my job right after we moved into our house. With the job I had, our budget was more than comfortable. Then things crashed and I was left with the part-time job I have now. We now have a tight budget, but still workable. I'd like to find another full-time job obviously, but in five years, that hasn't yet happened. Jobs in my field are difficult to get here in this part of the country.

If Obamacare hits my husband's health insurance next year and we get dropped into the exchange, it will have the effect of dropping a small tactical nuke into our budget. There is no way we can trim our current budget enough to make ends meet with the projected bill we will get even if we downsize back into an apartment.

And we make too much to qualify for subsidy. This is because we are still paying college loans.

Does your husband work for a large company? Their plans shouldn't be affected by the ACA. You obviously make 'decent' money to not qualify for a subsidy. Are you overextended on a mortgage or something? The reason I ask is the ACA is well thought out, it doesn't require you to pay a large share of your income for healthcare, how much are your monthly premiums NOW?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
P.S.

She was Hannah Montana when Bush was president.
Thanks a lot Obama.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Now we can thank Obama for giving the unions a waiver on Obamascare, which is supposedly going to increase what the rest of us have to pay.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Where is the 'thumbs down' emoticon when I need it?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

toolgal462

Where is the 'thumbs down' emoticon when I need it?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

snarky412

nightstalker78

Wahhh. Cry me a river. I think most HUMANS not just Americans have done this.

I'm not pro Obama,but it's getting old.I thought about actually responding to that letter and putting that person in their place,but the effort isn't worth it. My post probably would've been deleted.

Glad to know you where you stand on this.

Being as Obamacare just started up, many people are just now finding out the predicament that it is going to put them in.
Loss of current plan...
More money being paid out...

And a president who intentionally deceived the public about all of this.
[unless he didn't know himself, which is equally as bad if not worse IMO]

No big deal tho...*sigh*

No,that I can agree with.Obamacare is ridiculous and I don't agree with it. I was just venting about the fact that too many AMericans blame everyone else for their situation.Instead of finding a solution to THEIR problem.That's what i was getting at.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join