It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Mom's 'Thanks a Lot' letter to Obama goes viral

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Star and flag. A lot of us could have written that letter. That's probably why it went viral. Most of us have been there and this economy is pushing more and more people under the water.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

This treasonous government and little pencil neck barry Hussein doing things that negatively effect my family and I's health and/or take substantially more money out of my paycheck, which instead of paying for my family's well-being is going to some more mismanaged overfunded government bs, really really makes my blood boil.

I would love to be locked in a room with these little weasels.
edit on 18-11-2013 by jctcle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Is it sad I can relate to a lot of her letter?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The affordable health care act was written by the insurance industry. Is it any wonder the rates have gone up?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Why should I care? Why should the government care? The problem that everyone is missing is personal responsibility.

I don't care that you have two kids and they don't have medical care. I don't care that you live on next to nothing. I simply don't care.

Maybe, instead of having kids you couldn't afford in the first place you should have focused on a career, or a steady pace of employment that would have provided health care, you wouldn't need the government (taxpayer) to bail your ass out.

I have zero sympathy for anyone like this who blames Obama. The blame rests 100% on individual. The only blame Obama has, is selling you the snake oil idea that its not your fault and the government could help you.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

I don't think you meant this a serious question, but I was intrigured by the thought. If I had to choose. I'd choose the expense of high healthcare cost when I'm old an infirmed, at least if I can't afford it at such a point I'll be less inclined to care because I will have lived the majority of my life and could die with peace.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by YayMayorBee

Even if you have private insurance through your place of employment many people rates are going up and for some it's simply not affordable. Why the hell is Obamacare negatively impacting private insurance. I know of places that offer better insurance then Obamacare and as a result they have to pay considerably higher taxes which forces them to make rates go up. It's complete bull#. He's funding Obamacare through the taxation of private insurance and through other means. So no, being prepared by having insurance and a steady job may still not help you in this situation and you might still be screwed.

Do you have kids? Or do you live with yourself or just your wife? As much as one may wish to control their life depending on their beliefs they may not have had the advantage of certain choices you, yourself have been able to make. There are people that have unplanned pregnancies despite precautions because they don't believe in abortion and their "protection" against pregnancy failed. Who are you to judge?
edit on 18-11-2013 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

No you don't understand this affordable care act is NOTHING like the healthcare programs in Europe or Canada. This involvea many different private insurances that benefit.

Its a grotesque imitation.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

I have an interview this afternoon with a careers advisor which I requested. I think because of my age and skill sets, I believe I would gain something if I went into mentoring or low-level teaching of basic computer skills, just need to do an advanced course to be able to enter the mentoring and teaching side.

I got my fingers crossed that this works out for you.
I'll be thinking of you

Best of luck!!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

TXRabbit
Doesn't anyone else find it interesting that if this was "going viral" like the article claims it is, this is the first we've heard of it? I mean....I have tons of politi-tard friends on Facebook that just LOVE posting anything bashing teh Oblama but I have yet to see this "viral letter"...
Also - if it's so viral, why is it being reported on some backwoods-political site?

Maybe just maybe this is simply a #ty attempt at garnering attention to one person's opinion disguised as a "viral letter" .

Not defending anything or anybody (intentionally) - just trying to call BS when I see it

edit on 18-11-2013 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

Well, how about the local NBC TV station from East Texas ??

Surely you don't consider that a "backwoods-political site"

edit on 18-11-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wow, Good read but I don't think it would even get Obama's attention. Being an outsider to your country, I can only feel for the American families that are being dragged under by this Administration.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I can not believe you are so mean spirited and cold-hearted. Not all Americans are lazy. For example, my husband and I now reside in Mexico so we can survive on our limited income. That is because we are good people and tried to do the right thing. Meaning after we both lost our jobs of 30 and 38 years respectively we continued to pay the mortgage, car payments, etc. by using our retirement funds.....all the time believing we would obtain gainful employment. Well, that never happened-when you are over 50 years of age just try to get a well paying job, LOL. We had good jobs in the financial industry and are not slackers. We lost the house, cars, most of our household goods and now rent a house here in MX. Our income is only husband's Soc. Sec.; I qualify in 2015. To get by, I sell cheesecakes, key lime pies, brownies, and beef stroganoff and we pet sit. So DON'T go dissing all American who are experiencing hard times. You don't know their situation. I don't mean to offend but I just think you need to lighten up a bit have some compassion.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jammer2012

Thank you, Jammer, for your response to this ignorant person. Please read my response to him/her on page three. S&F for you.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think Karma is about to bite Obama and many other politicians in the backside.

Peace out,

RT

edit on 18-11-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Amen sister! It ain't about the rich vs. the poor. It's about humanity vs. inhumanity. And Obama is anti-human in his heart and by his deeds. The character of a man speaks for himself. So if people can't see that about him, then perhaps they ought to examine their own character a little deeper.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

buster2010

jjI kenobi
I don't think any President or any member of congress for the last 40 years has had any idea how hard it is for the average American to make ends meet. With that being said Obama and his administration is far and away the most out of touch any politician has been. It's mind boggling to those of us who aren't drowning in the kool-aid.

And this is where you are wrong. Obama didn't grow up wealthy he grew up in a single parent home just like the woman that wrote this letter is talking about. She should have done a little research and she would have found this out.

Cry me a river. He lived most of his life with his Grandmother who was I believe either a vice-president or president of a bank. She was wealthy. He went to Punahuo. I lived in Hawaii and the only people who could afford that school were the uber rich. Obama probably never remembers a day in his life where he wasn't rich. The early days he certainly wasn't poor, going to private schools all his life. He didn't attend Columbia or Harvard on scholarship that I have heard about, nor have I ever heard of him having to repay any student loans.

Obama has been at worst upper middle class and in his teen years began living a wealthy lifestyle which paid for lavish drug use and partying. He has always been the worst sort of parasite on society. Everything handed to him on a silver plate, groomed to be president from early college days. Talk about a .05% (above a 1%er for those of you who believe Michael Moore when he denies being a 1%er).
edit on 18-11-2013 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Sadly none of the elite upper class in Washington knows how the poor and needy lives in any American town in the US.

None of them, they live in communities call "Richistan America" where they only get to worry is about the security that tax payers pay for so they can enjoy peace of mind.

Americas politicians are not longer people that comes from every areas of life and share a common interest with those around them.

This what the private interest corruption and corporate dictatorship has turn our nation into, if you don't know how the working class live then you can not feel guilty when you screw them with laws, that favora those that enrich you pockets.

edit on 18-11-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That lie about Obama growing poor has been debunked.

A childhood of privilege, not hardship

Michelle Obama told the Democratic National Convention that "Barack and I were both raised by families who didn't have much in the way of money or material possessions."

It is a claim the president has repeated in his books, on the speech-making circuit and in countless media interviews. By his account, he grew up in a broken home with a single mom, struggled for years as a child in an impoverished Third World country and then was raised by his grandparents in difficult circumstances.

The facts aren't nearly so clear-cut.

Ann Dunham was just 18 years old when she gave birth to Obama. She was a freshman at the University of Hawaii. His Kenyan father, Barack Hussein Obama Sr., was a few years older than Ann. They were married against family wishes.

Obama Sr. does not appear to have been welcoming or compassionate toward his new wife or son. It later turned out that he was secretly married to a Kenyan woman back home at the same time he fathered the young Obama.

He abandoned Obama Jr.'s mother when the boy was 1. In 1964, Dunham filed for a divorce that was not contested. Her parents helped to raise the young Obama.

Obama's mother met her second husband, an Indonesian named Lolo Soetoro, while working at the East-West Center in Hawaii. They married, and in 1967, the young Obama, then known as Barry Soetoro, traveled to Indonesia with his mother when the Indonesian government recalled his stepfather.

In Indonesia, the family's circumstances improved dramatically. According to Obama in his autobiography "Dreams from My Father," Lolo's brother-in-law was "making millions as a high official in the national oil company." It was through this brother-in-law that Obama's stepfather got a coveted job as a government relations officer with the Union Oil Co.

This is the life he lived pre grandmother

It doesn't sound like struggling to me.

washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by YayMayorBee

That kind of complacent attitude is a huge part of the problem in this country. "I don't care" "It's not my problem". There is absolutely no unity among the citizens of the United States,no one cares about anything that doesn't affect them personally. They spend all their time blaming their neighbors and using this "personal responsibility" excuse to ignore the real problem.
What people are going through right now has nothing to do with "personal responsibility",how hard they work,or that they aren't trying hard enough. So instead of blaming your neighbors,you should be unified against this corrupt government because if we all follow your advice,no one will care about you when you start experiencing what a lot of us have been for quite some time. The attitude you have plays right into their plan. They don't want us to stand up for each other because we just might stand up AGAINST them. They want you to not care,they want you to blame each other. So point your finger at those who really deserve it,the politicians and the corporations that buy them.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This particular letter may be for the president, but I promise you that the same type of letter could be written to just about congressman or senator as well, no matter what the political party may be.

The system is setup that those who are "privileged" and out of touch with the majority of American needs are the ones who make it into office.

When we keep voting either Dem or Rep, the system will never change.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join