It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Lacks Combat Readiness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I searched; I did not find. Move if necessary.

In addition to the Army and Marine branches being effected by recent governmental sequesters, the US Air Force is now in the same box. Pilots are passing up $225,000 bonuses in favor of leaving the Air Force due to their squadrons being grounded due to budget cuts.

The reason for the budget kits? Obama's feverish bid to grow the dependency of the US population domestically. See...all of you without work...your actions DO have adverse effects on the country as a whole and those actions (or lack thereof) are bigger than you think. So if you have two legs, a partially working brain, understand basic public transportation, and have at least one hand, get your ass to work and stop your complaining, because you can't have filet minon without working for it.

I'm not sorry anymore either...I'm getting jaded as time goes on and I'm starting to realize why the elderly generations of this country walk around with their heads hung in shame and their jaws on the floor. It's hard not to...and I'M A PROUD and OPEN-MINDED CHRISTIAN. However, Political Correctness, willful ignorance, and so-called "compassion" are killing this country and the backbone that used to support it.

SOURCE

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

So if you have two legs, a partially working brain, understand basic public transportation, and have at least one hand, get your ass to work and stop your complaining, because you can't have filet minon without working for it.

I had to read this a couple times and am still not sure if you're serious. The American military overblown budget is in danger because of lazy people that are unemployed?

Maybe Obama could quit taking so many vacations and donate that to the DoD.

Obama's vacation bills

Now where's my filet mignon?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Morning,

You lost me at:

"See...all of you without work...your actions DO have adverse effects on the country as a whole and those actions (or lack thereof) are bigger than you think. So if you have two legs, a partially working brain, understand basic public transportation, and have at least one hand, get your ass to work and stop your complaining, because you can't have filet minon without working for it."

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Well, color me confused...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Since you are such a Christian, you had better step back and thank God that you don't have any terminal or life-threatening disabilities that prevent YOU from work. I do not think it is your job to judge people for their disabilities. I would like to see you live with a disabilies where you have more than 2 illnesses at the same time like diabetes and an ASD type disorder. Could you work with all that? Seizures at work, along with the autistic like disorder interfering with your thought processes? That's just one example.

I will probably never see the day where all these "Christians" quit judging the infirm and disabled. You want to try to get a job being blind? Put yourself in THEIR shoes (as Jesus would have). Love thy neighbor as thyself. It applies, if you believe the Bible. Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself. Keep it up. God will probably "bless" you with an infirmity that will make you think twice about working again. Or at the very least the "blessing" of an infirmity might keep you from "judging" these disabled people.

Edit to be on topic: It is well known that the government wastes so much money on certaion "black" projects that many times fail. If they spent 1/20th of what they spent on the black projects and diverted it to military readiness, our military would be much more powerful and well funded.

Instead of people staying on disabilities, why has the FDA not fast-tracked certain cures for diseases? It is well-documented that Big-Pharma is the biggest reason for the suppression of cures. They can keep you on their "medications with side effects" that are often life-threatening for life.

If you want to pick someone to be mad at for lack of military readiness, blame Big-Pharma. If all the diabetics were cured, they would be able to go into the military. I wanted to be a figher jet pilot like Zaphod was. I have always dreamed of that, but they told me ever since I was about 8 years old when I started asking that the "military doesn't take diabetics." It's quite personal to me, that was my life-dream.
edit on 11/18/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Too bad all those grounded pilots that are "bored because they aren't flying" started flying again in like July.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

"Right now, we have in the Army two brigades that are trained. That's it. Two," General Ray Odierno told a news conference at the annual conference of the Association of the U.S. Army.

U.S. Army Says Only Two Brigades Fully Trained Amid Budget Cuts, Fiscal Uncertainty

Regardless of the reason(s) behind the lack of combat readiness, the simple fact is two brigades doesn't cut it. If I'm not mistaken, a brigade consists of 3,000-5,000 soldiers. So that means only 6,000-10,000 soldiers are ready should the SHTF.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that 6,000-10,000 US soldiers aren't highly effective; We all know better than that. I'm saying that considering current world threats, we're greatly under prepared for the potential of what could happen.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by EternalSolace

The biggest problem facing the army is vehicle readiness. If we were only using the army to fight we'd be totally screwed. But with our combined arms policy we have enough back up to hold ground until we could get more troops available.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
okay how many soldiers does china have? yeah this reminds me of the movie "invasion USA" not enough troops too many commies. as someone out of work let me tell the OP that yu can blame the bankers for that one

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

because you can't have filet minon without working for it

If that's the case then all the millionaire evangelists (who pay no taxes) would starve to death.
edit on 18-11-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

InFriNiTee
why has the FDA not fast-tracked certain cures for diseases?

Well, one reason is imagine those who whine about "big pharma" now, they would lose the plot entirely if they started cutting out some testing to push a product!

It is well-documented that Big-Pharma is the biggest reason for the suppression of cures.

It is? care to show us this peer reviewed documentation.... or do you mean "documented by conspiracy theorists with not much understanding of science and medicine"?

They can keep you on their "medications with side effects" that are often life-threatening for life.

Yet you want them to fast track some cures without adequate testing.... you are very confused!

blame Big-Pharma. If all the diabetics were cured, they would be able to go into the military. I wanted to be a figher jet pilot like Zaphod was. I have always dreamed of that, but they told me ever since I was about 8 years old when I started asking that the "military doesn't take diabetics." It's quite personal to me, that was my life-dream

So big pharma developed and sells insulin, which keeps you alive yet you want to whine about them.... very confusing!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Nice job trying to derail the thread! If you want proof of it, Eli-Lilly has said in the past that it wouldn't be profitable enough to cure diabetes. Eli-Lilly pays fees to license their Genetically Modified (rDNA origin insulin) from Genetech as do all the other insulin manufacturers out there. Why is it that Genetech (now merged with Roche) bought a $350 milion stake in BHT-3021 by Bayhill Therapeutics? The irony is that in phase II, they found that it prevented type 1 diabetes and was PROVEN to work in HUMANS with postiive C-Peptide tests. Why was this product shelved? I am not just some conspiracy theorist who doesn't know the facts. I have studied this for years. Look what happened to Dr. Burzynski and his anti-cancer through antineoplastins that you can get in foreign countries now? The FDA has prevented a lot of people from access to effective and safe cures.

I will provide sources for EVERYTHING. Here ya go:

Genentech Buys $350 Million Stake in Drug Designed to Stop Autoimmune Attacks in Type 1s:

diabeteshealth.com... in Type 1s

Medical study that BHT-3021 "anti-diabteic vaccine" works in preventing and possibly reversing type 1 gentically:

professional.diabetes.org...

Dr. Burzynski: A Cancer Cure (suppressed by the FDA which the right-hand of big-pharma):

www.youtube.com...

The funny thing is after Genetech bought the S350 million dollar stake in BHT-3021, it was SHELVED. Not to ever be heard for a Phase III study, AND IT WORKED. Deny Ignorance.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
As a Christian, I like to remember one thing we are a constitutional republic with a set of principles that includes separation of church and state.

As such I try very hard to remove my religious ideology from political discussions and issues.

So as an example if I held a strong political view, that clashed with my religious ideology, I would not expound that view while touting that same religious belief...

I find it akin to someone starting a statement with "I'm not racist but..." Inevitably what follows is exceptionally racist...

So when I see someone say "and I'm a Christian" my first thought is they just said something extremely unchristian like.

Things like to paraphrase " the poor should get off their lazy butts" to me directly contradict your stated religious affiliation.
edit on 18-11-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Xterrain
So if you have two legs, a partially working brain, understand basic public transportation, and have at least one hand, get your ass to work and stop your complaining, because you can't have filet minon without working for it.

Well that wins the award for dumbest thing I have read today.

Sorry but unemployment doesnt always work like that. There is no blanket cause or statemnet that covers it.

Anyway the US military could use a Trim. Even if it was cut by half it could still DEFEND itself against the world combined. All that being effected is its ability to invade and bully other countrys and that a good thing in my opinion!
edit on 18-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

rockoperawriter
okay how many soldiers does china have? yeah this reminds me of the movie "invasion USA" not enough troops too many commies. as someone out of work let me tell the OP that yu can blame the bankers for that one

China could have a Billion Trillion troops and it dont mater! They dont have the projection capability to do anything! The US Navy coul sink there transports before they left Chinese Waters.
edit on 18-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
A billion man army doesn't do any good if you can't transport the the soldiers and the supplies that a billion man army would need. However, that's only the case if war was declared on the US mainland. You're right, China can't project that far.

However, two brigades, a few squadrons, and a reduced Navy won't be enough should China get froggy over Taiwan, or Russia get froggy over Syria, or North Korea gets froggy over South Korea, or Iran gets froggy over Israel.

There's a bigger picture than just defense of mainland US. I'm not saying an invasion of the US is impossible, just not feasible right now.

Just my personal opinion.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

EternalSolace

However, two brigades, a few squadrons, and a reduced Navy won't be enough should China get froggy over Taiwan, or Russia get froggy over Syria, or North Korea gets froggy over South Korea, or Iran gets froggy over Israel.

Meh

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

or if they get froggy over space israel?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

rockoperawriter
reply to post by crazyewok

or if they get froggy over space israel?

Space Isreal? I dont get it?

Far as im concerned they should be left to fend for themselfs. They are trouble enough as it is.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I have just one more reply to this thread. Why do the hard-right borderline facists put all of the blame on poor US citizens who cannot find employment? How much does it help the US economy and US job market that more than 100 US corporations are lobbying for immigration reform by signing a letter to Congress after they've laid off US workers who are now living in tent communities? On Sept. 11 this year, the Washington Post put up this article:

Companies lay off thousands, then demand immigration reform for new labor

The corporations have too much power in this country, just like Nazi Germany did under Hitler.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join