It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alphabet Soup Hallucination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm posting this here in the hope someone has any similar experience, its not a dream as such, but it was what was happening this morning after I woke up from a dream.

I had woken up needing a glass of water--it was like 4am, I wiped the sleep from my eyes and I could see a jumbled mess of letters imposed over my vision that I couldn't just wipe away. The letters where opaque so I could still see past them, but they were quite clear, tho arranged seemingly randomly; Not in lines just bundles together.

All the letters were the same basic san-serif font (Arial, Helvetica), which to me I find that more related to online texts, as most hard-copy I read is serif type fonts. There were no Cyrillic, special characters or symbols, these were a jumbled mess of English-language letters.

So I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water--still with these letters layered over my vision. Clearly they were a hallucination, but I have no idea what caused them (no psychedelics). I went back to bed and the letters were still slightly visible. I slept for another couple of hours and woke up and they have gone, but I have had this really cloudy disposition today and coffee really isnt waking me up.

Please let me know what you think??, Im not someone who normally hallucinates; I really think they are connected with what I was dreaming--but I cant really remember my dream, either before waking up or after going back to sleep post going to get water.

I could probably Photoshop something that would look similar to what I was seeing if anyone would think that would help..

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Sounds like sleep paralysis spectrum. I used to wake up, unable to move, and see aliens and such. One little critter was sitting in the window sill, out of which I could see things going on outside. When I got up later, those things were actually going on outside. So my brain super imposed dream stuff over my waking vision. (the aliens had the forms of toys I had so I doubt they were real) Its when you haven't properly waken up and your half dreaming.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

cartenz
I had woken up needing a glass of water--it was like 4am
I went back to bed
I slept for another couple of hours

Is it possible that you did not actually wake up and get a glass of water... and that you just dreamt that you did?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I definitely got up and got a glass of water, I know because I took my bra off when I went back to bed. Without doing that I would question if I actually did get up or not.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

Sounds like you might be right. Thou the letters were not animate, and I dont know how they relate to my dream--if they were carried over from my dream state they should have some link?

I thought it could be some kind of jumbled up burn-in from reading too much stuff online latley...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Every single one of us every night goes out of body (oobe/obe) and astral projects to other worlds and dimensions. You get sleep paralysis first, then some feel vibrations before your third eye opens.

You can be sent messages via your higher self, or spirit guides..passed loved ones. My advice is to keep a dream diary by the bed. Also research on youtube Rich2150x and Dr Bruce Goldberg.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by vivid1975

Thanks fr the info. I'll look up Dr Goldburg. I dont do the YouTube thing so if you know of any written copy about the other guy that would be most helpful

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Even though the letters were jumbled up, how many (approx)were there?

Can you remember a line of any of the letters?

I am just interested as I love cryptic puzzles etc...

I also used to wake up in the night and draw words in the air with my fingers and then go back to sleep again?

I have even solved cryptic puzzles in my sleep and finished crosswords in the morning when having breakfast...

Do any of them mean anything to you?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Hi Dave, I cant really answer your questins as t how many letters there were, I knocked this up when I made the thread this morning to illustrate sort of how it looked:

Of course thats not my kitchen, thats from the Ikea website--my kitchen is a mess.

But as you can see there appeared to be no logical arrangement of the letters...

ETA: Not really a cool hallucination like aliens or anything, just weird
edit on 18-11-2013 by cartenz because: (no reason given)

2nd ETA: I did recall that an R and a Q were in the centre most of the time (not depicted in the mock-up).

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

cartenz

Hi Dave, I cant really answer your questins as t how many letters there were, I knocked this up when I made the thread this morning to illustrate sort of how it looked:

Of course thats not my kitchen, thats from the Ikea website--my kitchen is a mess.

But as you can see there appeared to be no logical arrangement of the letters...

ETA: Not really a cool hallucination like aliens or anything, just weird

2nd ETA: I did recall that an R and a Q were in the centre most of the time (not depicted in the mock-up).

Wow, now that's a lot of letters. Trying to make any kind of sense of that lot (and I don't mean the Ikea catalogue..haha) would take a load of work. But very interesting to say the least...

Let us know if it happens again, there must be a reason for seeing this load of writing...

Cheers...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Well thats why I made note of the typeface being san-serif. I study law, which is always Times New Roman, so I dont think its related to that; Semester is over anyway (yay). I work in web publishing which is more often san-serif fonts, so I think its more related to that, or some recreational use of the internet??.

I wasn't able to make a definative judgement between Arial and Helvetica, but being that I use PC's now days Im going with Arial. It was not Calibri so its not related to word documents...

Off topic: Wow, I really did become that pedantic old woman who taught me typography and copy-fitting when I was a teenager.

top topics

join