It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Biblical Relation to News?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Locusts Swarm Over Northern Africa
Swarms of locusts have descended over Africa in the past few days and scenes of swarms in the Egyptian capital Cairo evoked an almost biblical feel to the situation. The locusts have left a trail of destruction across West Africa already and have now moved east. This is tipped as the worst invasion in 15 years and may get worse before it ends.

Rest of news here:
www.atsnn.com...

Does anyone know of biblical relation or passages that could be interpreted as this being some kind of "sign"?

Sorry if in wrong forum.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by TheBigD]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
(Exo 10:19) Yahweh turned an exceeding strong west wind, which took up the locusts, and drove them into the Red Sea. There remained not one locust in all the borders of Egypt.

(Lev 11:22) Even of these you may eat: any kind of locust, any kind of katydid, any kind of cricket, and any kind of grasshopper.

(Deu 28:38) You shall carry much seed out into the field, and shall gather little in; for the locust shall consume it.

(Deu 28:42) All your trees and the fruit of your ground shall the locust possess.

(1Ki 8:37) If there be in the land famine, if there be pestilence, if there is blight or mildew, locust or caterpillar; if their enemy besiege them in the land of their cities; whatever plague, whatever sickness there be;

(2Ch 6:28) If there be in the land famine, if there be pestilence, if there is blight or mildew, locust or caterpillar; if their enemies besiege them in the land of their cities; whatever plague or whatever sickness there be;

(2Ch 7:13) If I shut up the sky so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;

(Job 39:20) Have you made him to leap as a locust? The glory of his snorting is awesome.

(Psa 78:46) He gave also their increase to the caterpillar, and their labor to the locust.

(Psa 109:23) I fade away like an evening shadow. I am shaken off like a locust.

(Joe 1:4) What the swarming locust has left, the great locust has eaten. What the great locust has left, the grasshopper has eaten. What the grasshopper has left, the caterpillar has eaten.

(Joe 2:25) I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the great locust, the grasshopper, and the caterpillar, my great army, which I sent among you.

(Amo 4:9) "I struck you with blight and mildew many times in your gardens and your vineyards; and your fig trees and your olive trees have the swarming locust devoured: yet you haven't returned to me," says Yahweh.

(Nah 3:15) There the fire will devour you. The sword will cut you off. It will devour you like the grasshopper. Multiply like grasshoppers. Multiply like the locust.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thanks. I'm glad you posted that, i'd never have looked it up. I'm lazy..........

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is the relevant passage from Revelation.

REV 9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
REV 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
REV 9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
REV 9:6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
REV 9:7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
REV 9:8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
REV 9:9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
REV 9:10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
REV 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Actually, I just read this and saw the entry for Revelation 9:11 ... not relevant for this thread but interesting nevertheless. May be worth looking at if someone already hasn't done so.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Actually, I just read this and saw the entry for Revelation 9:11 ... not relevant for this thread but interesting nevertheless. May be worth looking at if someone already hasn't done so.

Ahh "Apollyon" aka Destroyer, First Woe is passed, two yet to come.

Back on topic, Only problem is that this happens more often than not.
I think this is the key verse:
REV 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

These were mainly on Earthy stuff, not People.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Locust Tour 2004 Update...

Eilat, Israel was the lastest stop in the sold out locust tour as they make their way northeast in their fist major tour in 50+ years...

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Looks interesting, but if it's happened many times after the bible, then it would seem more of a natural event, rather than the power of God. But that doesn't mean it isn't.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   
If I were to look for signs, I think I'd first take note of the fact that humanity can't seem to comprehend what God said is right is right, and what He said is wrong is wrong. We, as a group, seem tothink we are smarter than He is; accepting our own rationality and calling ourselves "enlightened" in the process.

Nevermind the bugs, look at the humans.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
If I were to look for signs, I think I'd first take note of the fact that humanity can't seem to comprehend what God said is right is right, and what He said is wrong is wrong. We, as a group, seem tothink we are smarter than He is; accepting our own rationality and calling ourselves "enlightened" in the process.

Nevermind the bugs, look at the humans.

Could not of said it better myself

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hi,

When we as human beings, accountable to God, our creator, do not follow His revealed will and commandments, why should He reveal anything to us of hidden meanings, His wisdom for life, or the signs of the times. Like the people have said, never mind the bugs. People are the problem. We must turn to Him before it's too late.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Why don't we just get a crap-load of bug-repellent, and kill them all. (joke)

-Chris

new topics

top topics

join