It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time, either go in and kick butt or withdraw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
With the Mideast crisis growing more tedious every hour, and the growing hatred towards the USA because of it, doesn't it make sense that we should
A) Go in with everything and just finish the war with an outright victory.
B) Suck it up and withdraw to concentrate on homeland security.
With option A - if you show your true might, and look at the rest of the world and say "anybody else?". You gain a level of respect. An analogy being the big kid on the playground. Nobody liked him, but nobody messed with him either.
With option B - While embarrassing to a degree, you end up saving countless lives, stop draining money from a weakening economy, and perhaps even stop the planning of upcoming nuclear terrorist attacks on this soil, while gaining some resources to truly help improve homeland security.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Truly, this is the hour of decision.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I was not a supporter of this war in the beginning and I still do not support the government stance on the war but I agree completely since we are there we should go in clean house and get home. I think that if we stay in the middle
east for to long we could end up in another vietnam type conflict..
Hopefully I am just paranoid and wrong but I guess only time will tell.

just so you don't think that I am some peacenick who doesn't agree with Bush and that is why I don't support the war, I am still on the IRR for 3 more years..
and if I get called I won't piss and moan I simply honor my agreement and show up.

Support the troops - don't hate the players hate the game..

geo

[edit on 11/17/2004 by geocom]

[edit on 11/17/2004 by geocom]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

It's time, either go in and kick butt or withdraw

I believe that this is exactly what is happening, as evidenced in Fallujah.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I completely and totally agree with that statement. The time is now....I doubt either will happen though

new topics

top topics

join