It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another 'racist' comment by an Obama official ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This one comes from the Secretary of the Department of Education no less.

And it's hot off the press one day after the Obama embarrassment and decision to allow old health insurance plans to continue if possible.

These comments are not good and certainly alienate many citizens.

It seems the entire Obama administration is hooked on vengeance and some kind of 'get even' attitude.

U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan told a group of state schools superintendents Friday that he found it “fascinating” that some of the opposition to the Common Core State Standards has come from

“white suburban moms who — all of a sudden — their child isn’t as brilliant as they thought they were, and their school isn’t quite as good as they thought they were.”

Yes, he really said that. But he has said similar things before. What, exactly, is he talking about?

Arne Duncan: ‘White suburban moms’ upset that Common Core shows their kids aren’t ‘brilliant’

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well, is there any truth to the statement?

Are the main opponents white soccer moms that find out their kid is not as smart as they thought?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I bet he's talking about peoples reactions to shipping urban kids into suburban/rural schools for "diversity". Diversity in this sense means trying to even out test scores.

But yeah, it's racist. And it should be called out as such. Double standards aren't fair nor are they ethical or moral.
edit on 17-11-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

they're haters

and haters gonna hate.

especially when their BS is exposed

edit on 17-11-2013 by Metaphysique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
Well, is there any truth to the statement?

Are the main opponents white soccer moms that find out their kid is not as smart as they thought?

If there would be 'any truth' to it...

what would justify making this kind of torpedoing statement ?

and did he say white 'soccer' moms specifically ?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

It doesn't matter. He said "White moms".

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

No, the main opponents are educated people in general.

Legit: Tennessee high school senior decimates Common Core

youngcons.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
NOBODY likes common core. I was watching a news story here in New York where they had a public forum of an auditorium full of pissed parents complaining about this brain melting curriculum. It consisted of various races of parents. White, Black, Latino...

Disregard this idiots words. His job is to push something that is obviously very harmful for a child's development. That is their aim, to make the next generation as dumb and compliant as possible.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

If its true......its true.

I know many white "soccer mom" types that get all worked up when their kids dont do as well as they brag to their friends.

It may seem racist or wrong, but the truth is the truth and we need people that are willing to say it.....despite political correctness.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Common core is junk and I agree, but is this person speaking about those that are most vocal in opposition?

Is there any truth is what he said?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

sheepslayer247

If its true......its true.

I know many white "soccer mom" types that get all worked up when their kids dont do as well as they brag to their friends.

It may seem racist or wrong, but the truth is the truth and we need people that are willing to say it.....despite political correctness.

Well I imagine if we want to somehow justify these comments by high federal officials, I suppose we should try to find some statistics to back up that claim.

Did Arne Duncan refer to any ?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

xuenchen
Well I imagine if we want to somehow justify these comments by high federal officials, I suppose we should try to find some statistics to back up that claim.

Naive fool you are who thinks that TRUTH is in any way a valid defence of accusations of rasicm in the PC "all the same under the skin" paradigm.

And in any case, it was an accusation against white people, so by definition it could not ever be racist, ever.

In contrast, imagine the outrage if he'd said that black students are dumber than their parents think they are. The riots in the street would leave hundreds dead and the shock wave would reverberate for years afterwards.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

They may appear to be the most vocal opponents, but, do you really agree with his reasoning why?? Condescending at best, racist at worst. But, totally unnecessary if you want to have a constructive discussion.

Maybe they just see a real problem - as do teachers, and soo many others.

I am also in NYC and have seen many news stories of seriously concerned parents - black, white, Hispanic, Asian - who see it as dumbing down an already appalling education system.

Advice to Education Secretary - Discuss reality - then we'll make progress.

edit on 17-11-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

If he were asked to make a statement about black moms, he would surely back it up with statistics about single family homes, and it would go something like this- they just don't seem to care.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

The left always resorts to race bait when they get exposed. Obama's common core is 2 +2 = 5. It's straight twilight zone 1984 style and it teaches kids to lie.

top topics

join