It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Put 'Shameless' Families in Military Re-Education Camps

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
As a fellow Brit who has worked all his adult life with only 29 days off a year paid, earning under the national average I have this to say:

A few people I used to class as friends are now these people. Wastes of space because in their own words:

"Why should I work when I get more by staying at home and drinking"

These cretins have lost my respect by abusing the system. One of them is using the child support earned from his baby factory girlfriend to pre-order a xbox one and ps4.

We are not talking about families who struggle, who actually try to find jobs and be an upstanding member of this "great" land. Its the scum who drain the country. Chuck them in camps or cheap labor. Force them to work for their "help".

I know a 36 yearold, hes never worked a day in his life, he lives off the state. He "borrows" money left right and center. He has been declared bankrupt TWICE and almost convicted of fraud by deception (lieing to loan companies about an "income" borrowing close to £50k, moving the money then waiting a few months to default then declare BR) whilst claiming OFW benefits, housing and child care... for a kid who lives with HIS MOTHER.

He doesnt think hes doing anything wrong....

Why shouldnt these scumbags be forced?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thekaboose

That's a bit harsh, but I starred you, because I think their is plenty of work to go around.

If your not disabled why can't the government not place you in a road crew?

Lord knows our highways need to be repaired a lot faster.

I'd take government assistance if I could work for it, and hold my head up high knowing I'm not robbing my fellow tax payers.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by thekaboose

The thing is, this is the view that we are constantly being force fed about people on benefits - sensationalist stories with the specific aim of demonising all benefit recipients. For every person like your 'friend' there are literally hundreds of people receiving benefits because they have no alternative, but of course their stories go untold and unreported because it portrays a quite different picture; a picture of people who have no hope and no future.

A little bit north of where I live there is a town that was dependant on the coal mine. Despite being acknowledged as a profitable mine it shut down in 1993. There has been absolutely zero investment in that town since and it has the highest unemployment and disability rate in the country. Of course some people are playing the system, but the system has screwed them over royally and they have no alternative but to claim benefits - what would you have them do?
It is getting so that we are now seeing the third generation of some families go on benefits.
This generation knows nothing different.

It is a failing of society - or to be more precise the politicians, bankers, industrialists etc who run this country.
Or maybe it is part of the plan - demonise sections of society and provoke an atmosphere and environment of fear and distrust.

We already have people working for what is not much more than a pittance, food banks springing up all over the place etc.
How long till we see workhouses, debtors prisons etc - all whilst those at the top continue to make record and obscene amounts of money and the country is bled dry by privately and foreign owned companies?

However, and it is a big however, I've got to say that I agree with a lot of what Adam Simmonds has to say.
A very small minority of families do tend to be the cause of much of the crime committed within our communities and this seems to be a recurrent trend passed from generation to generation. And one thing is pretty clear, both current and past policies are not working. It's just I'm not sure this 'boot camp' option is the right solution - it's the thin edge of the wedge and could easily be abused.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

......because I think their is plenty of work to go around.

Is there?
I suspect that may depend on locality.

If your not disabled why can't the government not place you in a road crew?

Because if it needs doing then surely someone should be employed to do that job and paid a decent days pay for a decent days work and not subsistence level benefits.
Perhaps we should make your job redundant then retrain someone on the dole and make them do it for nothing more than benefits?
How would YOU like that?
Maybe you'd be ok with that especially when you were redeployed to a road crew for your benefits.

I'd take government assistance if I could work for it, and hold my head up high knowing I'm not robbing my fellow tax payers.

But it's not for nothing, you pay tax when you are working some of which goes into the benefit system which you claim from when unemployed / disabled etc.
The vast majority on benefits are not there by choice but rather due to unfortunate circumstances or more commonly as a direct result of the failings of the policies of successive governements and the avarice and incompetence of the bankers and industrialists.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
While it sounds harsh its not actually always the fault of the scummy family's.

Large employers shut down in big citys were costs are high with the labour government of the late 80's and 90's made it possible to live rather comfortably with benifits - many family's became dependent and therefore locked in.

re-education doesn't have to mean "camps". Most people would take a decent job over a cloudy future and bare minimum handouts.

Educate the jobless, create jobs, voila. Calling them camps is the way to instantly turn people against the idea.

We dont call primary and secondary schools, child education camps

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Oh look, another tory upper classhole having a mental fap over the way things used to be.

The Tories are the great great grandchildren of the factory owners who used child labour and the workhouse owners of the Victorian era, it should not come as a surprise to any that they would want to carry on the family business.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

While it sounds harsh its not actually always the fault of the scummy family's.

Very true - but there has always been 'trouble' families.

Large employers shut down in big citys were costs are high with the labour government of the late 80's and 90's made it possible to live rather comfortably with benifits - many family's became dependent and therefore locked in.

Large employers shut down primarily as a result of Conservative government policies during their term in office from '79 - 97. (I dare say some may argue that their policies were necessary due to the inept policies of the previous Labour government, they all play the 'pass the buck' game and refuse to accept any responsibility themselves whilst lecturing us how we should be responsible for our own actions etc).
During all of the '80's and for most of the '90's Labour were in Opposition.

Most families became dependant because there was no work - get people back working and they'll be off benefits - pretty straight forward.

Most people would take a decent job over a cloudy future and bare minimum handouts.

Indeed - in fact I'd go as far as to say the vast majority of people would.

Educate the jobless, create jobs, voila. Calling them camps is the way to instantly turn people against the idea.

It's not hard is it - wonder why all the politicians etc haven't worked it out yet? - Perhaps they prefer it this way for some reason?

edit on 18/11/13 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

You misunderstand.

Intestate work is payed for by tax payers, so I say government could give out labor jobs for assistance.

And I'm not heartless if you need it, that's why it's there, but people do take advantage.

To work for your benefits would really help get people on the right track.

I also understand I payed taxes there for I've payed in for benefits, but I'm only 32 and am perfectly fit to work.

I've not come close yet, to feel as if I'm owed anything, so I'll not take anything.

All I'd be doing is making you pay for one more mouth to feed, all because I made bad decisions in my life.

Not to mention taking from people who really need the help.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Tory crime tsar: Put 'Shameless' families through two years of boot camp hell
- Disused Army bases would be redeveloped into housing for families

I was simply using the descriptions from the article itself. It can be called anything they wish but in this instance forced relocation and detention, re-education, and military bases are what the crime czar is talking about.

We had forced relocation camps over here in the US too. Over 100K Japanese citizens were forced into them. It wasn't our brightest moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join