It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspended Coffee......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Love this idea.

Last week i was sat eating a full english breakfast in a cafe when an American couple came in with a baby just a few weeks old. When i got up to pay the bill at the end, i paid for thiers too, then left. Not sure how they reacted as i was long gone, but i like to think it helped.

I also like to think it might have been someone fron ATS :-)

Suspended anything is a nice thing to do.

CX.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
www.suspendedcoffeemelbourne.com.au...

www.suspendedcoffee.com.au...

Well its caught on in Australia that is for sure.

But being from Tasmania, I have never heard of it until now, we are a little behind the times and are slowly crawling back to the darkages after several towns being cut off from the towns getting NBN and having to stick to our copper lines.

Oh well next time I am in Melbourne I will do this.
If I sell my sail boat I hope to donate some toys to the giving tree.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
loved the idea ,that is really wonderful , lets transform it to suspended meal at any restaurant

thanx for sharing S&F

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Depends where you are I suppose. I hear that if you ask for a suspended coffee in Amsterdam, they put meat hooks through the skin of your back, attach chains, yank you up to the ceiling, and make you drink your beverage up there, which personally, I find a bit weird, since there are better ways of reaching the ceiling in Amsterdam, so I am told.

But in all seriousness, this is a great idea, and I think more places ought to do it. I have certainly never heard of that service being offered in my hometown.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I love it, sounds great! I think it should go global, maybe a few signs in store windows, It always amazes me how people can be kind. We need more posts like this.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

This is a great idea until it gets abused. how long will it take to find a person who has 100k in bank account to goto this store for a free meal?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There is a Suspended Coffee Network:

thesuspendedcoffees.wordpress.com...

Just a couple in the US and more in the rest of the world (minus Asia).

Still, it's a great idea if you can avoid rampant abuse.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Awesome marketing !!

Pay it forward - feel good _ wait!

Which coffee are they using? Does it pay back to the indigenous that have it sorted !?
Oh yeah! Green beans!

What duz that meanz ? ( per dollar earned v what is paid to the expert cultivator )

Very contentious - yes.

Apply above formula to any small - real deal operator who; may or may not - get "offers".
Yet feel the need - the need to keep your family fed and safe; when pressure is applied.

Very hard to see the forest from the trees ... these days.

Always been an idealist - ha !

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I LOVE this! It should go viral. Facebook it....share it with everyone...let's have 'suspended coffees or meals' everywhere!
I'm a big fan of 'paying it forward'. In Canada at our Tim Horton's drive-thru windows, occasionally someone will start by paying for the vehicle behind them. I always play along...it just feels right (and yes, I have started it a couple of times!)
Lovely heart-warming story. Thank you!
jacygirl

Edit to add: I just posted this idea on the facebook page of a friend who manages a Tim Hortons here. I'm hoping the idea takes off!

edit on 21-11-2013 by jacygirl because: Had a good idea, lol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join