It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret origins of political correctness

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Skyfloating

Then why do so many on the "left" oppose PC as well (even several in this very thread?)

They don't as much. But actually you're right, I was using shorthand a bit lazily. My point is that PC is an invention of people who want to pretend that treating people with a modicum of dignity and not employing stereotypes or prejudice is somehow either ridiculous or even - crazily - a conspiracy.

JuniorDisco

How do you define "fair"?

The same way anyone does I imagine.

Government enforced goodness is a bad idea because its not genuine goodness, nor goodness by choice. Actually then, its not goodness at all, its badness.

Yes, you're right. Let's stop trying to prevent murder by imprisoning killers.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I think a lot of 'left' ideas have filtered tghrough the education system and also right into the heart of our universities - a good example of this is the social worker and how they all seem programmed like little autobots.

I have been wondering for a while if the idea of a Jesus blood-line is perhaps a slight red herring and keeps many minds occupied and away from quite another bloodline, that of a ruling class that exists within the old families and crowns of Europe.

Where I am going with this is I was surprised to read somewhere that Bush is a X removed cousin of our Queen and that many people in top jobs are all linked family-wise, Cameron, another cousin of HRH. I know our current lot from Germany are not the real UK royalty line but they are linked by blood.

There is something Pharoniac about the confidence, unaccountability and safety-net of the upper class. When Prince Andrew got linked to ~koo Stark, he reportedly said to her, you can't touch me we are above the law. Its that separate 'We' thinking that perhaps goes through a bloodline of long held power that is clearly hidden and doesn't broach interlopers or people of 'lesser birth' taking any form of power they can pass onto a new bloodline. If one is considering the idea that deliberate moulding of the public is slowly and carefully taking place through tools such as PC and of course the media, then a long bloodline seems inevitable. Although one might argue that in some countries things are suddenly being speeded up by the taking of public freedoms away.

Another source of moulding comes through celebrities like Rhianna whom was reputedly courted by the Illuminati that also got me thinking because of the so-called influence that some of the 'celebrity' personalities sexdercise over their fans and their aspirations. (Listening to her Umbrella song on the radio makes me cringe that she is such a huge star). Especially when some celebrities seem to be able to earn so much yet throughout their professional lives they disappear, then pop up periodically in full flight of success as though their career is pre-destined by some hidden promoter. Presumably, provided they toe the line and cooperate with the media they are guaranteed huge financial rewards despite mediocre talent and no real visible means of maintaining their extraordinary lifestyles which cost miollions to maintain. (I am not counting real talented celebrities, but anyone who pays their taxes knows that extravagant lifestyles can't normally be guaranteed, as it seems for some.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JuniorDisco

You are missing the central points of the OP. Did you even read the first page, or just the thread title?
Also, your assumption that everyone has the same definition of 'fairness' is incredibly small-minded.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Skyfloating

EnPassant

How about - Smartism? You can't be more intelligent or creative than someone else. dumb down the smart people. No more Einsteins!

edit on 20-11-2013 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately thats not a joke but the actual aim of meritocraphobes.When Pol Pot or Mao or Stalin came to power, the first thing they did was kill anyone who was above average educated, intelligent or successful...because they represented "being better" - the supposed enemy of ultra-egalitarianism.

Most of the discrimination was against the rich aristocracy, the same aristocracy that is pulling the strings today behind the curtain in the west covertly. Wealthy land owners that did not want to give up their land to be part of the government run commune, so that everyone could work and earn a fair days wage without the sometimes gross exploitation involved in capitalism.

I seriously doubt people were killed because they were too good looking or too smart. You either played ball with the dictator or you ended up in work camps and maybe even dead sometimes. I think stalin gave the worst name to communism.
edit on 20/11/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Skyfloating

StaffMember

Skyfloating, how does this all tie in with the obvious PC-ness being enforced here on ATS?

There is a difference between PC and TC. As a private company, ATS enforces T&C. Governments and Unspecified and Untargettable Collectives enforces P&C.
Banning something within a specific framework or group is very different than attempting to ban something for the collective/whole.

I respectfully disagree. Political correctness, sometimes deservedly and sometimes not, exists everywhere. ATS is one example of PC! The government enforcing its own brand of PC is another example.

Society has rules, both spoken and taboos, for good and for bad. Its up to society as a whole to change itself. The people voted into office are a relection of the people who vote. Ignorant and uncaring citizens tend to vote in criminals. Has happened time and time again. The more things change, the more they remain the same. When and how will society break itself free of the rut? To fix society one must first fix himself. Reflect on their own mistakes and correct them.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

It is known fact that one of Stalin's first moves was rounding up intellectuals and 'sorting out' the ones who would not fall in step with his plans.

To your second post, I say you are missing an important difference between the public domain and the private domain. A private group may collectively agree to follow more restictive rules/guidelines, because members of that group have a choice in whether or not to participate. If you don't like the T&C on ATS, don't click accept.

There is no opting out with regard to the public domain; laws are laws. For a society to be truly free, laws should restrict liberty only so much as to preserve the liberty of others. I don't want to get off topic, but the US Constitution was written with this concept in mind.
edit on 20-11-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

Yet the constitution has been continously subverted by rich people, not by communists.

In fact the american constitution has become obsolete in favor of a corporate charter. The federal reserve owns america lock, stock and barrel.

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, INC.
Non-profit Delaware Corporation
Incorporation Date 4/19/89 File No. 2193946

edit on 20/11/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

JuniorDisco
[

Murder is an ACTION. I am not against regulating bad actions, as already stated at length. PC is the attempt to regulate THOUGHTS.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist

To your second post, I say you are missing an important difference between the public domain and the private domain. A private group may collectively agree to follow more restictive rules/guidelines, because members of that group have a choice in whether or not to participate. If you don't like the T&C on ATS, don't click accept.

There is no opting out with regard to the public domain; laws are laws. For a society to be truly free, laws should restrict liberty only so much as to preserve the liberty of others. I don't want to get off topic, but the US Constitution was written with this concept in mind.
edit on 20-11-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

Excellent...what I was trying to say, you have put into words much more elegantly.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I haven't even read the replies, but I wanted to give you a star and flag.

But the degree to which we have been infected can not be underestimated or understood, which in itself is a bit of a victory for the design.
I really don't even know how to respond in all honesty.

And that reflects victory, to a certain degree.

But we do have the Constitution to lead us, but the original was written by "slave owning aristocrats that didn't want to pay their taxes"- quote from the movie Dazed and Confused.
And the amended version that rules our day to day interaction bears little resemblance to the original, and the reason for that is the 14th Amendment and the US Supreme Court decision that combined equity and criminal law into one jurisdiction, which in itself is an affront to the belief that "all men are created equal endowed with unalienable rights by their creator."- quote the US Declaration of Independence.

Civil rights by law are law given and not God given. If we scream for civil rights then we are asking to be granted the rights of a freed slave.
The 14th Amendment was only meant originally to apply to the freed slaves.

Equity applies to contract law. It compels behavior due to contractual agreement enforced by the law, but forcing someone to do anything against their will is criminal and against the common law, because it creates a victim.
Ahh..... But if we are just "freed slaves" then we agree to let daddy think for us.

This has been going on for a while now.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

Now in regards to Russia and their past position on religion and Putin's suddenly becoming just the opposite of what once was, what do you see?

IMO: Putin is terrified of PC because he - in his KGB days - was participant in creating it. The monster he helped create is coming back home.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Skyfloating

Stormdancer777

Now in regards to Russia and their past position on religion and Putin's suddenly becoming just the opposite of what once was, what do you see?

IMO: Putin is terrified of PC because he - in his KGB days - was participant in creating it. The monster he helped create is coming back home.

I, personally, have a hard time taking anything that Putin says seriously.
Particularly because he is ex (supposed) KGB, but to what extreme can that be taken?
At one time if I was to say that I would be labeled as having mccarthyism.

So are you saying you trust the guy who helped create what causes you to mistrust?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

kyviecaldges

So are you saying you trust the guy who helped create what causes you to mistrust?

Goodness no, I dont trust the guy.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Skyfloating

kyviecaldges

Goodness no, I dont trust the guy.

The Tsar of Russia also loaned out their fleet to the Union to create the blockade that stopped Europe from entering the war to fight for the Confederacy during the war between the states.

So..... Who are the good guys and who are the bad guys?

Eurasia is not at war with Oceania who is enemies of Eastasia.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

kyviecaldges

Skyfloating

Stormdancer777

Particularly because he is ex (supposed) KGB, but to what extreme can that be taken?

I trust putin much more than i trust obama and bush. Of course I keep up with current events unlike some. Listening to RT is the only msm worth a lick imho. Short of that I listen and read alternative media and tons of it.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

kyviecaldges

Skyfloating

Stormdancer777

I trust putin much more than i trust obama and bush. Of course I keep up with current events unlike some. Listening to RT is the only msm worth a lick imho. Short of that I listen and read alternative media and tons of it.

I said the same thing to a guy who was, at the time, in his 70's and he was an ex-employee of intelligence here in the states. He told me never to trust anything that comes out of Russia.
But yet, I do like the pretty girls and the clever Max Kaiser.
He funny man with pretty girls.

Never trust anything that comes out of Russia.
But don't listen to me. I suffer from absolutism.
It's impossible for everything that comes out of Russia to be propaganda.
If so, then it would be that way here in the states.

edit on 20/11/2013 by kyviecaldges because: Because I made a stupid error. That is why we edit.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kyviecaldges

RT broke the 9-11 inside job that western msm would never dare expose. RT broke the story about how fake arab spring was in the middle east and that some people had plans for WW3. RT rails on the bankers whereas western msm supports bankers.

What is there to hate RT about? I am not saying putin and russia dont have their problems. The soviet union was the worst human rights violater, much worse than hitler and his nazi party. I mean much worse.

I am just saying today russia is much cleaner than usa in terms of reliability and playing the good guy.

As an american I am frustrated to what the older generations allowed this country to become.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

As an american I am frustrated to what the older generations allowed this country to become.

The generation that is actually to blame is long dead and gone.
Everyone has been born into this since we went to war with one another to wrestle control of this nation into the hands of the federalist from the anti-federalist.

And the only thing that the generation that is actually to blame did was lose a war.
But the war between the states freed the slaves?
Yes. Sort of.

What it did was create equality. The goal of communism.

It actually made everybody slaves while making the slaves think that they were free.
edit on 20/11/2013 by kyviecaldges because: Because I made a stupid error. That is why we edit.

ETA: I gotta go to work. I will respond later if responded to.
edit on 20/11/2013 by kyviecaldges because: to add in an edit

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

Nope, I'm addressing them. I read the OP - well, the first one - and it's flat wrong pretty much from the word go.

And I fail to see what my definition of fairness has to do with anything. Or how it's small minded to think that there is a basic definition which most people would agree on. I guess there are some nutjobs who would think that fairness meant "being rude to minorities" but I think we can safely discount their judgement.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Skyfloating

JuniorDisco
[

Murder is an ACTION. I am not against regulating bad actions, as already stated at length. PC is the attempt to regulate THOUGHTS.

You didn't say that. You said that trying to impose something on people who don't want it via government is wrong.

Even with your new definition it doesn't really make sense. You would apparently be okay with a law that stopped ACTIONS. So maybe you could point to a law that a government has passed that only affects thoughts, not actions.

But as I say PC doesn't exist. You guys invented it so you can complain about certain types of perceived politics that threaten you. Well, that threaten you in your imagination.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join