It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret origins of political correctness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Wow, that was an excellent read. It is plain for all to see that America is changing very rapidly in more ways than one. I am very familiar with Orwell's work and have been able to see what is happening regarding (political correctness) in this country for some time, it is the beginnings of authoritarianism and meant to degrade not only free speech but also...... Free thought.

Indeed, we live in scary times, polarization and division are the best friends of tyranny. Hopefully through awareness, such as the information that is in this thread, enough people can see the manipulation at work and see through the veil of manufactured racism to the end game of the agenda trying to be accomplished. That being, the degradation of liberty and the loss of personal freedom.
edit on 18-11-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Biigs
Ive always separated my personnel view from my professional actions.

I may say you are more attractive than another and that is my prerogative, political correctness has nothing to do with this unless it influences my professional actions.

So this thread is all hooey! (in my personnel view)

Had you read beyond the first paragraph you may have learned that the first paragraph was ironic.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

TheConstruKctionofLight

“Competition is a sin” – John D. Rockefeller Sr.
www.oldthinkernews.com...

Stunning. Removing competition of course removes ambition and meritocracy. I am displeased by its removal all over the place.

I remember a local daycare center removing the "stars" system as not to "hurt the feelings of those who didnt get stars"

Ive also noticed its no longer fashionable to have "leaders" in some corporate settings because it prevents "team building" (what nonsense)

We all love our rankings, "top lists", charts, etc. but if PC wins the game, those will be a thing of the distant past and our natural competitive drive that we so much enjoy will be gone.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

beezzer
"That offends me."

The phrase, "That offends me", is at the heart of the matter. Isn't it?

Is PC designed to protect those that are offended?

Since when did being offended constitute victimhood?

That's weird, I woke up this morning thinking about this very thing, and here it is--the first post on ATS that I read today.

People should not have the authority to get rid of whatever offends them. The entire concept is authoritarian in principle.

If I were at the mall wearing a t-shirt of questionable taste, and happened to be confronted by someone offended by my clothing choices--it would be expected of me by socieity's standards to appease the person I am offending by either removing my shirt or flipping inside-out.

I was considering turning the table on these people. If the above scenario happened, I could appease them by removing my t-shirt--and then explain to them that, because of their stupidity, their existence is offensive to me, so by their rules they have to kill themselves to appease me.

I mean, it's fair isn't it?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

LewsTherinThelamon

beezzer
"That offends me."

The phrase, "That offends me", is at the heart of the matter. Isn't it?

Is PC designed to protect those that are offended?

Since when did being offended constitute victimhood?

That's weird, I woke up this morning thinking about this very thing, and here it is--the first post on ATS that I read today.

People should not have the authority to get rid of whatever offends them. The entire concept is authoritarian in principle.

If I were at the mall wearing a t-shirt of questionable taste, and happened to be confronted by someone offended by my clothing choices--it would be expected of me by socieity's standards to appease the person I am offending by either removing my shirt or flipping inside-out.

I was considering turning the table on these people. If the above scenario happened, I could appease them by removing my t-shirt--and then explain to them that, because of their stupidity, their existence is offensive to me, so by their rules they have to kill themselves to appease me.

I mean, it's fair isn't it?

That's the scary part, and in support of the OP, I would say that this is what the "state" wants.

The state is just waiting for people to run to them, claim victimhood, and enable the state to make laws restricting "offensive" behavior.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

This may be the driving force behind an attempt to get wrestling dropped from the Olympics.

Anyone that been to a youth wrestling event lately has found it a place where you still see the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat in a very personal way, lots of tears and personal anguish.

And while there are wrestling teams and team awards even then it comes down to personal single performance.

As well its a place where very few females excel against their male counterparts with fewer and fewer showings* as they get older.

*there are exceptions but its clear that this is a male dominated sport.
edit on 18-11-2013 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Fat load of good being PC has done so far.

Next thing we know, we'll have children being taught "doormat" lessons in which they become the perfect doormat.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You can see the PC-ness working in this very thread, it's ok to talk about things out there in the world, but when it hits a little bit closer to home(ATS) that same dreaded use of PC comes out in all it's glory. God forbid anything be discussed that could possibly be construed as inflammatory, disrespectful to grieving families, you know exactly what I'm talking about. How do you reconcile that?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Logarock

This may be the driving force behind an attempt to get wrestling dropped from the Olympics.

Marxists not only called Religion an "opiate of the masses", using the word "masses" as a derogatory in the sense of "dumb sheeple", but considered sports similarly. I bet that according to some of the PC minds ALL of those ghastly male-dominated, competitive win-lose based sports have to be removed.

If this sounds exaggerated to any reader out there, then watch the disgust with which social-sciences-feminists look upon boys playing rough games or sports.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

jaws1975
You can see the PC-ness working in this very thread, it's ok to talk about things out there in the world, but when it hits a little bit closer to home(ATS) that same dreaded use of PC comes out in all it's glory. God forbid anything be discussed that could possibly be construed as inflammatory, disrespectful to grieving families, you know exactly what I'm talking about. How do you reconcile that?

No, I in fact have no idea what you are talking about. Feel free to elaborate.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It should be stated that just because some of us are strictly anti-PC, it does not automatically mean we are pro hate-speech, pro-insult, pro-bullying, anti good manners. Thats a false dichotomy. Most of us are quite respectful of our fellow humans, would not make fun of the grieving, would not use derogatory language, etc.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I Was a Teenage Punk Rocker

PC was a term I thought we coined
DIY the same...
They are everywhere now. So mainstream that it would be pointless to argue birthdays.
Maximum Rock and Roll/Profane Existence for reference material here.

I think I see now that our counter culture was designed by outsiders. It explains why something we coveted as being seperate from mainstream so easily became mainstream. It was by design.
It's the telephone of cool.
Your cool friend said that this is how to be cool because his cool friend...blah blah blah all the way back to a KGB agent.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

"Deny ignorance"...

All I see in this post is a bunch of claims based on the author's complete IGNORANCE, one-sided judgments and personal resentment towards people who don't think and are like him.

ALL THE WORLD DOESN'T HAVE TO BE WHITE, RIGHT-WING EXTREMIST ZEALOTS WHO DEFEND SAME OLD RETARDED PRINCIPLES, you know?

Moreover, I don't see what YOUR problem is with gender-neutral toilets. As long as you can go alone (or with somebody else) without being bothered by some fascist telling you where you should do this, WHAT'S THE DEAL!?

How bigots end up being moderators here is beyond me, but since this site rarely shined from the intelligence of the stuff you find on the front page, it's not THAT surprising.

edit on 18/11/13 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

All I see in this post is a bunch of claims based on the author's complete IGNORANCE, one-sided judgments and personal resentment towards people who don't think and are like him.

ALL THE WORLD DOESN'T HAVE TO BE WHITE, RIGHT-WING EXTREMIST ZEALOTS WHO DEFEND SAME OLD RETARDED PRINCIPLES, you know?

Moreover, I don't see what YOUR problem is with gender-neutral toilets. As long as you can go alone (or with somebody else) without being bothered by some fascist telling you where you should do this, WHAT'S THE DEAL!?

How bigots end up being moderators here is beyond me, but since this site rarely shined from the intelligence of the stuff you find on the front page, it's not THAT surprising.

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

You are the proof that the above quote is absolutely correct. Because obviously, only fascists label toilets "Men" and "Women".
edit on 18-11-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

...and OP may have forgot that the German Nazis were "architects of PC" as well. They had this whole system of social segregation and ghettos, with the triangle symbols and the IBM numerical tattoos.

But oh yeah, I suppose THAT is just some Jewish-communist-globalist propaganda, right?

Rot in your graves, fascists. We'll all live on a better planet when religious, racist, political fanatics and their moral hypocrisy will no longer exist.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Skyfloating

Logarock

Marxists not only called Religion an "opiate of the masses", using the word "masses" as a derogatory in the sense of "dumb sheeple", but considered sports similarly. I bet that according to some of the PC minds ALL of those ghastly male-dominated, competitive win-lose based sports have to be removed.

If this sounds exaggerated to any reader out there, then watch the disgust with which social-sciences-feminists look upon boys playing rough games or sports.

Hi

It's an interesting premise for the origins of PC-ness. But I have to disagree with your stance on Karl Marx - no Marxists used the word 'masses' as an insult. Marx spoke to the workers, the proletariat, urging them to unite against the greed and inherent unfairness of capitalism.

Also no one has ever championed Margaret Thatcher as a leader in women's advancement, because Thatcher did not give a damn about the women in Britain. She believed wholeheartedly in playing a man's game in a man's world.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm sorry I can't applaud your thread.
It's excellent.
The Soviet Union would seem a likely source for such a virus, one I'm willing to accept in the absence of another perpetrator.
Our (the US) biggest mistake was to start on the slippery slope at all.
Either speech is free or it is not.
There's no gray area here (yelling "fire" in a theater is a public health hazard)
I will never respect or abide by any law that attempts to limit my 1st amendment rights.
No American should.
Never forget where your rights are derived from - the creator.
The police or judges don't "give" you your rights, their yours from birth.
But you must claim them and their source if you take a stand.

Awesome thread Sky!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Great thread and excellent OP - very well written and presented, everything we've come to expect from Skyfloating and of a standard all should aspire to here on ATS.

Just not too sure I agree with the premise.

I agree wholeheartedly that PC is detrimental to the very core values of 'western society'.
I also agree that much of it is agenda driven by leftist leaning pseudo-intellectual do-gooders most of whom have little in common with everyday people.
What I struggle with is accepting that it has been intentionally contrived as a Soviet plot to undermine American and 'western' society.

I have no doubt that the origins of Political Correctness were well intentioned, as with most movements / belief systems etc, but we now have the situation where the PC Brigade has insinuated itself into many positions of influence and have progressed their agenda to the extent that the majority are actively discriminated against and the cause of the minority supercedes everything else - and any criticism of such practices is strictly verboten.

What few gay / lesbian people I know are acutely embarrassed by the activities of the PC dictators, much the same as most minority groups. They just want to be left alone in peace to get on with their lives the same as anyone else.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Echtelion
WHITE, RIGHT-WING EXTREMIST ZEALOT

Bigot

Rot in your graves, fascists.

Speaking of being "offended", I am not offended by your labels of me, because they don't apply to me. You will find anti-PC stances in all political groups from left to right. Its common PC-Speak to pretend that anyone who opposes PC is a "fascist". As I show in my OP, this stems from Soviet Propaganda.

In my book there is not much mental difference between what you consider fascism and PC-ness.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Freeborn

What I struggle with is accepting that it has been intentionally contrived as a Soviet plot to undermine American and 'western' society.

I would have to expand on the third post in the OP a little more in order to make a more convincing case of this.

What few gay / lesbian people I know are acutely embarrassed by the activities of the PC dictators, m

Its also my experience that there are plenty of gays/lesbians who want nothing to do with PC-zealotry. They just want to live there lives and be left alone, without being used as a tool for political agendas.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join