It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret origins of political correctness

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kyviecaldges

And corporatism is part of capitalism. I cant fathom how someone can embrace capitalism yet still not comprehend that advertising and public relations are part of the competition process. How can companies compete if the advertising was equally bland across the spectrum?

Way to make a mountain out of a mole hill and get super excited.

Most people have realised the inherent scam of company x is better than company y and to save money they buy generic merchandise. Wall street investors dont like this though.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by kyviecaldges

And corporatism is part of capitalism. I cant fathom how someone can embrace capitalism yet still not comprehend that advertising and public relations are part of the competition process. How can companies compete if the advertising was equally bland across the spectrum?

Way to make a mountain out of a mole hill and get super excited.

Most people have realised the inherent scam of company x is better than company y and to save money they buy generic merchandise. Wall street investors dont like this though.

Capitalism and Communism are just two sides of the same coin, but when they are combined, which is what we have now, you get a really great way for the filthy-rich-wealth-acquiring-psychopaths of the world to pass their game on through successive generations.
And pay no taxes.
While living like quiet, withdrawn inbred kings and queens, on the people's money, and they never risk a dime.

How did they pull this off?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

JuniorDisco

I'll leave you to it in a minute because I think that's for the best. But you really think that "all essentially evil and genocidal movements were collectivist"?

In recent History? Yes.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

JuniorDisco

- it's massively overstated
- they are weird outliers

You are wrong when you state "I am making things up" and PC are "weird outliers".

PC is a worldwide system of oppression every single day. Consider this new thread where children can get a label for racial discrimination for racial discrimination attached to their schoolrecord if they do not attend an event where they learn about other Religions.

These PC-Progressives are so dumb they don't even understand the difference between race and religion.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You know, if one is concerned enough about applying labels to people...there is always the option of asking for guidance on the matter. It's easy to decide for one's self how an individual prefers to be addressed, but it involves a degree of conceit. It takes a little more guts to ask somebody how they prefer to self-identify.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JuniorDisco

First to make things partisan, and first to accuse the opponent of being partisan. I have an example of politically-incorrect speech for you: I know your type.

The ironic part is that progressives, who are the most ardent supporters of PC, often transparently use politically-incorrect logic (ex.- claiming that welfare cuts are racist). To reinforce your preconceived notions, you lump all opposing arguments into the category of 'enemy.'

In your mind, those of us in this thread who disagree with you are all right-wing nuts incapable of speaking truth. Until you recognize your bias and hypocrisy, what good is it to attempt debate?

To your statement that PC is a non-existent story propagated by the MSM - you have it backwards.
The MSM is the single biggest promoter of PC (obvious ex.- how often does a news story mention the race of a suspected criminal these days?). Once again, if you cannot see this there is not much point in debating the issue with you.
edit on 27-11-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Okay, I accept your mistake, but you're still wrong.Was Ottoman Turkey collectivist? Do you think Pinochet's Chile was? How about Rafael Trujillo, was he a collectivist? Were the Ku Klux Klan?

Look, I know you've deliberately chosen a broad term so that you can use it to berate 'progressives' and the 'left', and see them at the root of all evil, but do you actually know what collectivist means?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Skyfloating

JuniorDisco

- it's massively overstated
- they are weird outliers

You are wrong when you state "I am making things up" and PC are "weird outliers".

PC is a worldwide system of oppression every single day. Consider this new thread where children can get a label for racial discrimination for racial discrimination attached to their schoolrecord if they do not attend an event where they learn about other Religions.

These PC-Progressives are so dumb they don't even understand the difference between race and religion.

Oh sorry, yes you're right. An isolated case in a single school in Staffordshire proves your point.

Can you not see how you keep falling into the same trap?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist

First to make things partisan, and first to accuse the opponent of being partisan. I have an example of politically-incorrect speech for you: I know your type.

You think you do. But - with an irony that no doubt will go whooshing over your head - you actually don't.

Let's test your assumption. Tell me my type.

The ironic part is that progressives, who are the most ardent supporters of PC, often transparently use politically-incorrect logic (ex.- claiming that welfare cuts are racist). To reinforce your preconceived notions, you lump all opposing arguments into the category of 'enemy.'

Oops, you think I'm a progressive. Wrong.

In your mind, those of us in this thread who disagree with you are all right-wing nuts incapable of speaking truth. Until you recognize your bias and hypocrisy, what good is it to attempt debate?

Point to where I say that.

To your statement that PC is a non-existent story propagated by the MSM - you have it backwards.
The MSM is the single biggest promoter of PC (obvious ex.- how often does a news story mention the race of a suspected criminal these days?).

The post above references the Daily Telegraph. Is that not the MSM?

Once again, if you cannot see this there is not much point in debating the issue with you.
edit on 27-11-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

So if I don't agree with you that the Daily Telegraph, which the OP cites to back his claim that PC has run wild, is not the MSM, then there's no point debating me?

Oookay.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I say "these are not isolated cases" and you respond with "thats an isolated case".

Can you see how you keep falling in the same trap?

However, that is only one example of many hundreds a day. And how could it be any different? So many journalists, academics, movie makers, social workers, news agencies, wikipedia-editors and whatnot, are irreversably infected with PC and unable to see things differently.

One of the beliefs of PC is that to be a christian means to be a racist. That examples the previous example of the staffordshire school.
edit on 28-11-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Skyfloating

I say "these are not isolated cases" and you respond with "thats an isolated case".

Can you see how you keep falling in the same trap?

You say it, but you are clearly wrong. You claim we live in a world governed by something you call 'PC' where children are routinely branded as racists for not attending some away trip. And yet you can only provide one example -one where the writer of the letter withdrew it and apologised. It is clearly the exception, not the norm.

What would you say if those letters were routine and normal? Where would your hyperbole go then? Can you explain to me how that world - the one that clearly is not real - differs from the one you describe?

However, that is only one example of many hundreds a day.

You have hundreds of examples of children being branded racist for not attending school trips?

Show us. Or admit that we in fact do not exist in a society where such things are routine. Where they are in fact 'isolated incidents'.

And how could it be any different? So many journalists, academics, movie makers, social workers, news agencies, wikipedia-editors and whatnot, are irreversably infected with PC and unable to see things differently.

You quote the Daily Telegraph above. How has that escaped this 'infection'? It is one of the biggest papers in the UK. So the disease can't be that far reaching.

One of the beliefs of PC is that to be a christian means to be a racist.

Again with making stuff up.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I must have provided at least 10 examples of PC in my OP...none of which you have actually yet addressed.

But PC is not found in isolating single examples. It is an IDEOLOGY from which these various examples ARISE.

As already explained in the OP and the previous OPs, because the Soviet PC-Machine was primarily anti-America, its anti-religious stance went mostly against Christians...not Muslims, Jews, Hinduis, Buddhists. "Americans are Christian Racists" was one of the party lines. This explains why progressives seek to ban Christian symbols from public while being blind to the symbols of any other Religion...for EXAMPLE. It explains why various European schools have banned Christian crosses from being displayed, but have allowed muslim headscarfs and prayer rooms. It explains why prayers have been banned from many schools, but Hindu Yoga lessons, Buddhist Meditation sessions and Muslim Prayer Rooms are being "integrated".

The same type of Soviet-PC brainwashing of PC-Progressives can be seen in many, many, many other regards. Take Israel for example. The Soviet-PC-line was to be anti-israel but pro-palestine because the Palestine Liberation Army was Marxist and Israel was anti-marxist. Hence, PC-Progressives today believe that Israel is "anti-democratic" and Palestine "democratic" even though its the Israeli side that allows for all those things that are allegedly important to progressives (gay rights for example).

PC-Progressives are not liberals. They are brainwashed haters of anything the Soviet-Union used to hate more than 20 years ago.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Skyfloating
PC-Progressives are not liberals. They are brainwashed haters of anything the Soviet-Union used to hate more than 20 years ago.
Tell me...when you say 'PC-Progressives', do you equate the two? Because if you do, then I see nothing but a bunch of anti-liberal bias in your thread. Those sweeping generalities don't enhance your core premise at all.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

JohnnyCanuck
[Tell me...when you say 'PC-Progressives', do you equate the two? Because if you do, then I see nothing but a bunch of anti-liberal bias in your thread. Those sweeping generalities don't enhance your core premise at all.

The term "PC Progressives" seperates them from "Progressives" in order to delineate a certain KIND of progressive. Knowing that PCs are very "sensitive about language" I thought it smarter to use the that label for this particular breed.

As for the continual accusations of this being a thread by "right wing nutcases": I am actually quite liberal (pro-choice, pro-legalization, pro-market, pro-seperation-of-church-and-state, pro-gay-marriage, pro-immigration...how much more liberal does it get?????). The idea that we who are against PC are "right wing nut jobs" is yet another Soviet implant.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Its bizzare how much the political spectrum has moved to the left. A super-liberal like me is now considered a "right wing nutcase". If THAT does not show the influence of far-left-PC-brainwashing, I dont know what does.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Skyfloating
Its bizzare how much the political spectrum has moved to the left. A super-liberal like me is now considered a "right wing nutcase". If THAT does not show the influence of far-left-PC-brainwashing, I dont know what does.

Sorry if that's how it comes across. I am absolutely willing to concede the absurdities...but they exist across any social spectrum. I simply reject the notion that my consideration of the feelings of others, and of the weight inherent in words, with some kind of brainwashing. Let's not forget that PC has made unacceptable a lot of words and phrases that were once in common use without any regard for their roots. Need I make a list? Of course some are banned on this site...others are more subtle but get the point across nonetheless.

Just make sure that you don't caught up in generalities.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This thread provides a good example of the totalitarian future that awaits us. 9 out of 10 posters approve of me not being able to choose who I do Business with. PC begins with stuff almost everyone agrees with - such as in this case non-discrimination toward homosexuals - but thats only the first step. The posters themselves (including you, JohnnyCanuck) seem blissfully oblivious to what they are actually buying into.

At one point the OP says:

you can't start picking and choosing the types of people that you want to serve in business.

It's a very slippery slope as you say.

Some people can't see that.

That would ultimately lead to a world where it is not my choice whether to do Business with criminals or not...its the Governments choice. Its not my choice who to employ...its the Governments choice. Its not my choice what Business to do...its the Governments choice.

The fact that everyone in that thread seems to be cheering this decision on shows that our Orwellian future is irreversibly sealed.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Skyfloating
This thread provides a good example of the totalitarian future that awaits us. 9 out of 10 posters approve of me not being able to choose who I do Business with. PC begins with stuff almost everyone agrees with - such as in this case non-discrimination toward homosexuals - but thats only the first step. The posters themselves (including you, JohnnyCanuck) seem blissfully oblivious to what they are actually buying into.

Uh-huh...replace the word Gay in that thread with the word Black, and come back and defend it, will you? Are you really advocating a return to Jim Crow?
And where i you state "The fact that everyone in that thread seems to be cheering this decision on shows that our Orwellian future is irreversibly sealed. "...well maybe it just shows that people disagree with you.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Replace words such as "Gay" with "Mafia" and you have "You have no choice but to do Business with the Mafia".
Thats where this is leading. You will return to this thread in 20 years and agree...but by then the thread will have been removed as a thought-crime.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

JohnnyCanuck
.well maybe it just shows that people disagree with you.

People agree with whatever they were taught. Here they are being subtly taught that its no longer my choice how I run a Business.

As I said in the OP, it starts with benevolent things such as rights for homosexuals. Without that you couldnt get this many people to embrace and even zealously defend totalitarianism.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join