reply to post by ldyserenity
Certainly I'm all for quality therapy. However .. . .
1. Not all therapists do great jobs.
2. Not all therapists fit all cases and individuals.
3. Most lay persons have little clue about how to insure they have found a quality therapist.
4. Most social service agencies . . . as horrible as so many are . . . almost all of them require horrific criteria to be met before forcing children
to be removed from a home. Their first mandate is to try to make the home work. They know that removing the kid from even pretty dysfunctional parents
tends to be counter-productive in a majority of the cases.
5. I don't think quality foster parents are flooding the agencies with requests for kids. It's more the other way around.
6. The most brilliant therapist--who happened to be a psychologist--Milton Erickson of Phoenix--who had had polion TWICE--was renowned around the
world for solving, curing impossible cases. And he really did. Often with a minimum of contact time.
6.1 However, one day, a mother brought little Johnny into Milton's office. Milton took one look at him and told her to take the boy out of the office
immediately and to never bring him back . . . emphatically. IIRC, there was only the one case of that sort with Milton. My speculation has always been
that even though Milton was largely agnostic, I have suspected his great sensitivity discerned that the kid was horrifically demonized and he knew he
could not handle such a case.
7. imho, ATTACHMENT DISORDER explaints most even extreme cases.
BO X ATS ATTACHMENT DISORDER THREAD LINK:
8. However . . . many Christians are aware that the Scripture . . . " . . . the sins of the fathers visited upon the children to the 3rd or 4th
generation . . ." can have some awesomely horrid realities involved. We may not understand all of that from a human or a Godly perspective. Yet, I
have observed such. Sometimes blood curses follow down through generations.
8.1 Medications and therapy are not likely to help seriously demonized children or adults.
9. Then there's the whole issue of genetics, temperament and a less than ideal match with one or both parents.
9.1 Dr James Dobson wrote in the original STRONG WILLED CHILD that some kids seem to write their initials on the womb wall and to come out scrappy and
to remain at least rather contrarian, most of their lives. If such children are parented by parents who
--are not very resourceful;
--are not very creative;
--are not very firm to an exhaustive and exhaustING degree;
--are not apt to get help needed;
--are generally clueless about parenting;
--are typically quite impatient, uncaring and insensitive;
THEN, it is a set-up for disaster--often on a daily basis.
10. imho, in this day and age, parenting should get hazardous duty pay and Special Forces training. Throw in the globalist horrors attacking the
family--it's a nightmare.
imh, Dr Lehman is one of the best resources for anyone to go to re parenting.
Parenting Your Powerful Child: Bringing an End to the Everyday Battles [Kindle Edition]
Dr. Kevin Leman (Author)
= = =
HOW TO HAVE A NEW KID BY FRIDAY: How to Change Your Child's Attitude, Behavior & Character in 5 days.
= = =
MAKING CHILDREN MIND WITHOUT LOSING YOURS:
= = =
11. In summary . . . the first 5-8 years of life are critical and healthy attachment is very critical.
Playing catch-up toward constructive change in behalf of a healthy lifestyle with fulfillment, peace and healthy relationships . . . can be a very
challenging goal requiring tons of hard work and very high quality therapists.