It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy found handcuffed on porch with dead chicken on his neck ...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
usnews.nbcnews.com...

An 11-year-old boy who was handcuffed to a porch with a dead chicken draped around his neck was found by a deputy searching for a loose pig, authorities said Saturday.
A Union County sheriff's deputy had responded to a complaint of swine roaming a resident's yard in Monroe, N.C., when the deputy saw the boy handcuffed and shivering. The child was discovered around 9:30 a.m. local time in frigid temperatures, Capt. Ronnie Whitaker told NBC News.

You just can't make this stuff up. And his foster mother worked as a ER nurse for the healthcare system.

I hope I can get access to the perps and get an interview because this is going to make a great screenplay. The imagery is so powerful.
edit on 17-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

You just can't make this stuff up. And his foster mother worked as a ER nurse for the healthcare system.

Are you sure she isn't one of the newly appointed Obamacare nurses?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Wow! When I first read the headline, images of New Orleans and voodoo ran through my head. But it's even worse than I thought.

Larson is a supervisor with the Union County Department of Social Services, and Harper is an emergency room nurse.
Larson is accused of being complicit in mistreatment of the children. She also was charged with willful failure to discharge her duty as a public official.

Well, here's something that seems to hit the news occasionally. Someone working in social services connected with child abuse. Imagine that. These creatures seem to gravitate to any place they can find themselves in a position to abuse children.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The family dynamics in that house must have been surreal if not insane. My imagination is running amok with dialog and parentheticals. The characters will be as classic as anything coming from the mind of Faulkner. I'm not comparing myself to Faulkner...just the situation. yeehawww!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
According to the story the mother ( and I use that term loosely) is a supervisor with the Union County Department of Social Services, and Harper--the father is an emergency room nurse.

What a lovely couple.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Pauligirl
According to the story the mother ( and I use that term loosely) is a supervisor with the Union County Department of Social Services, and Harper--the father is an emergency room nurse.

What a lovely couple.

Thanks for that clarification. I'm dropping all my other projects to concentrate on getting an outline and treatment in the can, registered with WGA, then look for some capital.

Don't get me wrong....

I completely sympathize with the kids in this household, and if this project gets off the ground I'm gonna contribute to their future welfare. They certainly deserve it for the misery they must have gone thru.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Maybe these "parents" should be cuffed somewhere out in the cold and left with a dead animal corpse hanging off them, instead of in a warm cell in county? Seems appropriate considering the hell they put that kid through. No amount of therapy is going to undo the mental problems likely brought on from being freezing cold, bound, and an animal's corpse draped on him, and who knows what else they may have done to him. Poor kid

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
not defending this one bit.

i can't help but wonder if this is some sort of twisted punishment for the boy killing the chicken.
you know like letting him sit there with it and think about what he did.

still a sad way to discipline a child.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie

i can't help but wonder if this is some sort of twisted punishment for the boy killing the chicken.

Oh man, I had a feeling that scenario would rear it's ugly head. Country folk and all that....

This could make "Deliverance" look like a walk in the park.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
They adopted four children and fostered one, the one who was found on the porch. They must have passed all the necessary checks with the adoption services and if the abuse is historical, hid extremely well.

These people really need to be made an example of, the justice system owe it to all other children who are in a similar position.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Or the child took the blame to save one of the beloved dogs from a torturous death from killing a chicken? You look into the eyes of both foster parents and what comes to my mind after seeing the cruelty, hate, and evil, is how children disappear from foster care all the time. It will probably be blamed on meds the boy was taking, that he ran outside and hid under the porch, killed the chicken and wrapped it around his own neck. The perps will get off scott free.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

antar
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Or the child took the blame to save one of the beloved dogs from a torturous death from killing a chicken? You look into the eyes of both foster parents and what comes to my mind after seeing the cruelty, hate, and evil, is how children disappear from foster care all the time. It will probably be blamed on meds the boy was taking, that he ran outside and hid under the porch, killed the chicken and wrapped it around his own neck. The perps will get off scott free.

again not defending the parents or what they did.

boys that age, living in rural areas aren't always little angles. and if a dog had killed the chicken you would be able to tell by all of the puncture wounds from their teeth, and feathers all over the place.

the boy probably wrung the chickens neck, because he wanted to see a chicken run around with it's head cut off, cause some kid at school told him how funny it was.
edit on 17-11-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
But did they ever find that damn pig????

oO

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I say let them stay for a couple of days outside, tied up, and with a dead chicken on their necks;
IF they survive, then castrate them, tatoo on their foreheads "I hate children" and, just to be sure, cut one of their hands off.

Ahh, damn democracy and damn lawyers, BRING BACK LEX TALIONIS !!!

Edit: .....IF they're guilty, of course.....

edit on 17/11/13 by MadHatter364 because:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
THAT POOR KID, nothing he could have done could deserve such dehumanizing treatment. Id he had done something naughty, surely extra chores or grounding him would be a bit more of a suitable punishment.

Hmmm, the system allows monsters like this (and I am fairly certain this is not am isolated case either) to take in children whom are in need of love and care but they won't let gay couples who would most likely spoil a kid rotten near them?

I smell a hypocritical rat here......

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Gee, what a waste of a good chicken.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

This is greatly disturbing and even more so because of their jobs (social services employee and an ER nurse) There is no telling what those 5 children have been through with this couple. I hope they meet the same fate x10!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

olaru12

hounddoghowlie

Oh man, I had a feeling that scenario would rear it's ugly head. Country folk and all that....

So in your story the kid is going to make the chicken "squeal like a pig"? Or is it going to play the banjo?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

groingrinder

olaru12

hounddoghowlie

So in your story the kid is going to make the chicken "squeal like a pig"? Or is it going to play the banjo?

I didn't think anyone around here was even old enough to understand the reference. And yes the chicken would be squealing in my story; if I decide to take it that direction...I'm trying to stay in the "hard R" parameters and bestiality opens up a whole nother can of worms, even if only implied. It wouldn't even be considered by Sundance with that kind of content.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

There's a lady on the internet circuit - I think she calls herself "Rev Michelle" - and she says she grew up around ashville, NC, and that satanic abuse is rampant there, and the officials and high brow civic leaders are all into it - along with a lot of abused foster kids - a lot of which are "disappeared".

Sad how adults can treat children.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join