It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questionable use of donations to Cancer Fund of America!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Red Cross is another org.scam
Id rather donate money to a homeless guy
or buy food for someone in need.
I wont ever give money to any charity.org

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Egyptia
reply to post by catfishjoe

Most everything in the mainstream that is based on donations are based on the propagated lie. Cures have been hidden for most diseases in fact it is the reverse........they are causing us cancer and a multitude of diseases. It's a slow kill, keep you down and dumb agenda.
edit on 17-11-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

I always wondered if they had a cure for cancer and just kept it hidden to the public. If there was a cure what would it do to the healthcare industry?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

OrphanApology

For example, Susan B Komen...what do you think would happen to them if cancer was actually cured?

Probably the same thing that happened to March of Dimes when polio was eradicated in the US. They'll shift their resources to some other disease, or general women's health.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

research100

here is a link www.charitynavigator.org...

type in any charity and see where the money goes... do a little homework before donating to a cause
edit on 17-11-2013 by research100 because: (no reason given)

Good site!! Thanks.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Susan G. Komen made me sick when I found out how many millions they spend on their legal team to sue anyone using anything that uses "for the cure" in their charity name, like a race or walk. I think I discovered that disgusting bit of information from a thread here.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Lil Drummerboy
Red Cross is another org.scam
Id rather donate money to a homeless guy
or buy food for someone in need.
I wont ever give money to any charity.org

I'm starting to feel the same. The wife and I were just talking and decided to just buy food and clothes for the local salvation army. I don't even trust the bell ringers at Christmas time.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
ALL charities are scams people... why would they give to others?

They advertise on TV... how much does that cost I wonder? Probably millions for a few minutes...

I personally HATE the ones you see on TV.. they play on your emotions just so you'll donate to their so called cause...

they use poor countries... they use animals... that's all they do is USE...

what a frickin world

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Akragon
ALL charities are scams people... why would they give to others?

They advertise on TV... how much does that cost I wonder? Probably millions for a few minutes...

I personally HATE the ones you see on TV.. they play on your emotions just so you'll donate to their so called cause...

they use poor countries... they use animals... that's all they do is USE...

what a frickin world

I saw one the other night about sending Jews in Russia back to Israel. I can't remember the name. And the worst are those mega churches.
edit on 17-11-2013 by catfishjoe because: bad spelling

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
www.nonprofitquarterly.org...

Interesting article about the president of Cancer Fund of America.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
You'd have a much easier time listing the charities that aren't corrupt.

There might be just one or two left.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Consider this: If you donate to a cancer charity and the happen to find a cure for your cancer, you will have to pay for the cure if you can afford it.

The stunning thing about the "charity" is that it works to find cures that corporations can profit from. You give money so corporations can due research in order to patent and sell the treatment they come up with.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
There is the "American Cancer SOCIETY/FOUNDATION" that most believe they are donating to...and then get confused with the "Cancer FUND".

There are also drop boxes for clothes etc in corner parking lots for the "Cancer FEDERATION". Its believed the confusion is good for getting free donations of items to sell...with no correlation between the SOCIETY-FOUNDATION and the FEDERATION.

Donators with good intents can easily think they are giving to the AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY/FOUNDATION...when in fact they are not. These others probably give only small portions of the donations to cancer research by hoping they get confused.

Of course, not the case everywhere....

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

six67seven
You'd have a much easier time listing the charities that aren't corrupt.

There might be just one or two left.

After researching about 15 other cancer related organizations.....you might be right. I totally believe that your typical uninformed person believes 100% of their donated money goes to research.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I can virtually assure you that there is no charity anywhere that has 100% of donations go to anything specific, research or otherwise. They all have operating expenses. Soliciting donations isn't free and if they don't use some sort of solicitation they don't get much. Even the 'best' of charities have expenses above and beyond what they use to help people.

I donate a meager amount of money here and there. I also donate some time occasionally. I donate blood (via the Red Cross) and also donate food to the local food pantry.

I help out when I can, as much as I can without doing damage to my own household.

If you're giving money, it definitely behooves you to check into the entity you're giving it to. If you're not willing to do the research, unless you need it for a writeoff, you're better off to donate directly to local charities and donate something other than money.

There are a lot of 'sound alike' organizations out there who prey upon public confusion. Cancer, veterans, law enforcement, firefighters, any of those names in the title will cause a lot of well meaning people to pony up.

Here are the 50 Worst Charities based upon data over the past 10 years, ranked by money spent on soliciting costs.

A lot of good intentioned older people out there who hear something like 'pediatric cancer' and a slick solicitor will get hundreds out of them. 'Pay me nothing now, I'll send you the post paid donation envelope.'

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I was listening to my favorite radio morning show the other morning and they are promoting a Cancer Sucks event. A certain grocery store in Tulsa is donating a percentage of your total to Cancer Sucks. Sounds great right? No. A whopping 1% of your total purchase will be donated!!!! 1 f'n percent!!!! What a joke. Please do your homework before donating.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
dfw.cbslocal.com...

Salvation Army bell ringers. I don't trust em!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
With holiday season upon us, please research any charity before you donate.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Again...please research charities before you donate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join