It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Live Call Session, 18/11/2013 8pm ET

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If you use the link, for the love of god behave yourselves you bunch of malcontents.

Live Call Session

This Monday, November 18th, I want to get on the phone with OFA supporters to touch base on the work you're doing, and what the next few months hold in the fight for change. The work you're doing with OFA is inspiring to watch.

You're the reason we're closer than ever to passing comprehensive immigration reform. You're changing the conversation on climate, putting pressure on those who still deny basic science. And just this month, you helped raise the minimum wage in New Jersey -- and made marriage equality the law of the land in Illinois, my home state.

I want you to know I'm proud to be working alongside you in the fight for change.

There's so much more to do, and we've got a big task ahead of us when it comes to making sure every American can get affordable, quality health care. That couldn't be more important.

Hop on the phone with me this Monday, and let's talk:

"putting pressure on those who still deny basic science" yup, sounds like some posters on this site.

Again, here is the link Tune in here for live audio events about the issues you care about most.

You can "join the call" here as well.

And now everyone is going to think I'm an Obama shill... he is the president, this is a public speech.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

Well your post seemed a little rude tbh.
Thanks for the info, No thanks though.

edit on 17-11-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

from the quote in the op.

making sure every American can get affordable, quality health care

that's all fine and dandy, but making me buy something that i might not want or need at this time, is unacceptable.
and besides that, obamacare does nothing to address the real reasons medical care is so expensive.

i understand profit, but when someone charge 20 bucks for one aspirin, when you can buy three bottles of fifty of the same product. is not addressing the problem.

edit on 17-11-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hey OP, dunno if you think $75.00 a month for insurance to $319.00 for a family of 3 is 'affordable'...

My name is Ashley Dionne and I'm a 26-year-old recent graduate from Michigan.
...I went back to school and got a second degree and finally found work at a gym. I work nights and only get 32 hours a week for eight dollars an hour. I'm unable to find a second job at this time.
I have asthma, ulcers, and mild cerebral palsy. Obamacare takes my monthly rate from $75 a month for full coverage on my "Young Adult Plan," to $319 a month. After $6,000 in deductibles, of course.
Liberals claimed this law would help the poor. I am the poor, the working poor, and I can't afford to support myself, let alone older generations and people not willing to work at all. This law has raped my future. It will keep me and kids my age from having a future at all. This is the real face of Obamacare and it isn't pretty.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

"he is the president, this is a public speech."
I tell people this line a lot, if nothing else show respect the office. I do not have to hold respect for his policies or even the man. However, he is still the President.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by freakshowfatty

you can either listen live, or never hear about it. I doubt it will receive much news coverage whilst Miley Cyrus is still in heat.

I feel like I invited a bunch of people I wasn't supposed to to a party and the host might get mad at me because they don't like the people I invited; but it really doesn't matter because the people I invited wouldn't be caught dead showing up ): poor host ):
edit on 17-11-2013 by teachtaire because: lulz

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

freakshowfatty

"he is the president, this is a public speech."
I tell people this line a lot, if nothing else show respect the office. I do not have to hold respect for his policies or even the man. However, he is still the President.

There's so much I could say. But I think "respect for the office? Are you kidding me??" and "President? No. I consider him the 'current resident of the White House'" should be sufficient....

edit on 11/17/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join