It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not leave America?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This question has been brought up in my personal conversations a number of times over the years. Especially after hearing yet another questionable practice that the US government has committed, or an up-to-date listing of; unemployment, standard of education in comparison to other first world countries, etc.

I live in Canada, so I am not directly exposed to what may or may not be reality within our southern relatives, but if what the statistical evaluation of numerous studies says is in fact true, then why not leave America?

I'm not suggesting to leave, nor suggesting that any other country in particular doesn't share similar issues or is at all better. Although, if we look at some of the studies regarding the aforementioned variables, America is - in some cases - far from the top compared to other first world countries.

From viewing the number of topics within this board we tend to see staggering numbers of American-Government based conspiracies in which directly lie to or mislead their own citizens into an otherwise obvious scare tactic or veil from transparency for an undisclosed reason. These issues aren't new to America either.

Although - to a degree - speculative, and from a completely personal opinion, it would very well appear that the fabric of America is being disintegrated by numerous factors. I see from a number of posts and topics here that many of you agree with that observation.

So my question is, for those that also feel this way, why not leave America?

For those who do not feel this why, what is your reason for staying?
edit on 17/11/13 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

My problem.....is there a better alternative?......and that isn't a joke, is there really a better country to live in.....only real option would be off grid in some desolately isolated area no one would ever think of looking for you.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

My reason for staying and probably most desperate people's reason for staying is that you can't just simply leave the U.S. on a whim and live where you want. Aside from marrying a European it's very difficult to emigrate to other countries. Also tie in the fact that many people who would like to leave are broke and sometimes ill without medical care because of the health insurance scam, sometimes it's just not possible.

I'd move if I had the money and a work visa in a European country.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I would first like to say, "Why should I be forced to leave my country because of a corrupt government?"!

Secondly, if anyone across this planet thinks that when the US finally collapses financially, that it won't have a drastic effect on the rest of the world, they are badly mistaken.

There will be no where to hide for anyone at that point! This is nothing more than a well designed plan for FORCED globalization, where us little folk will have only two choices. One will be to fight and the other? Use your imagination...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

My ancestors left Europe to get away from the politics, tax, wars, disease, burdensome regulatory government laws. Then they fought to keep that from following them here.

Now the differences between the two are evaporating, again.

Real Americans, the kind that left Europe and fought to keep independent are still around. Their spirit is still here.

Besides, go where? Everywhere is occupied nowadays. The government vice keeps tightening and the pressure keeps building. One day, something has to give.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

For the best possible situation, yes, I would agree with you. An area where your whole being was completely unknown about, would be the most ideal. However, from a realistic standpoint, this possibility is difficult to acquire and sustain for the vast majority of individuals.

Even then, there seems to be quite an instability within America, and this scares me personally due to the fact the we (Canada) are border to border with the USA. Whether it be due to an opposing nation who is more unstable (North Korea), A country that appears to mislead or cover up vital health issues (such as that which may eventually or may already be occurring through Fukushima radiation), or even a natural cause (such as the possible eruption of Yosemite, in which where I currently live will be directly effected). Even if an individual were to "disappear" into the wilderness, external factors could affect that individual.

So the question still resides, why not leave America?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Simple answer is I can't afford it.

If things go totally TU I'd probably head into the wilderness of the Olympic National Forests and completely disappear.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Bassago

Simple answer is I can't afford it.

If things go totally TU I'd probably head into the wilderness of the Olympic National Forests and completely disappear.

That's my general response to this question for those who ask me why some American's wouldn't leave. Ironically, if whatever happens in the future has an affect on where I live, I too would respond in the very same fashion as yourself.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm not leavin Texas.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Only a coward would leave and let them win. All we can do is hold the constitution in hand and try and preserve our values and beliefs. The roaches will eventually get their comeuppance. I would rather hang around and expose them and their agendas. They will leave eventually when all they do is fail every time. Hopefully there will be a revolution.

Since you're Canadian; Why do I see so many Canadians out on the highway? What you guys doing down here so much??

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

The problem is 98% of the conspiracies are complete and total garbage. Now we have a pile of bologna conspiracies that people use to validate more fabrications.

The bad times in America means its only 5 times better instead of 10 times better than anywhere else. That's why your not seeing a mass exodus and the exact opposite which is the mass immigration.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Coward??

And what happens after the so called "patriots" take over? My bet is just a different kind of tyranny. I don't trust them anymore than I trust tptb as they have some kind of corrupted theology mentality as well.

I take my chances on some Greek Isle, or beach in Brazil. I'm blessed to have the skill and ability to make a fine living anywhere there is a connection to the www.

I have traveled a bit and as much as I love America and the free enterprise system; I don't want to be around to see the blood in the streets; because what I see isn't a revolution but a race war. I hope I'm wrong.

edit on 17-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I've often considered leaving. I'm routinely disgusted by what occurs in areas of US leadership.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Why not leave Canada?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The 'Merican Dream isn't dead, One just needs to travel abroad to obtain it. If this continues, I'm en route to Uruguay at a current 20-1 exchange rate. The "pros" are stacking up. Way up.

namaste

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

goou111
Why not leave Canada?

If it gets bad here, hopefully there will be somewhere affordable to go to.

So far, it's not broken up here.

If Canada breaks, or goes into the crapper, maybe it'll be time to check out Iceland......

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I've lived abroad for much of my adult life. Back home in Texas, probably for keeps.

I like freedom. I like living where bribery is almost unknown. It seriously sucks to do business where bribery is so routine that it has a ritualized formula to it. Where I live, the cops are so clean they wouldn't take the hint if you tried to bribe them, and wouldn't know what to do with the cash, without getting caught themselves.

Outside of the urban inner cities, crime in much of America is remote. My experience in Europe may not have been typical, but the amount of thieving was truly shocking. Thieves don't fear the police, and don't fear getting caught. And you can't even shoot them. Which is why there are any, when you think about it.

There is also a technology gap in the rest of the world. I mean, like large areas still using dial up. Hospitals in England (just visiting), looked like they were equipped from the hospitals of my childhood memories. Beds that only had manual adjustments. Wards of beds in one room. That kind of thing.

Then there's gas. Or petrol. Which is basically $8 a gallon in most places, even the Middle East. And both cars and roads suck. I'm not talking about crowded streets in the old city, I mean the middle class suburbs, where you have to drive a roller skate because the street is only 8 ft. wide.

Or like in Germany, where you have to register with the police when you rent an apartment, and you have to surrender your passport every 5 minutes, and you'll get it back in maybe a few hours.

Or hunting. Archery hunting isn't even legal AT ALL in much of Europe. And the only hunting you can do legally is a canned, guided hunt that is basically a golf course with shotguns and pheasants.

Where I hunt the limit is 2 bucks and up to 3 does. Does that even exist outside of US, CAN & MEX?

Yes, the US (for my money) is the best intersection of high stability, high tech, high liberty, and cheap prices.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

If Canada breaks, or goes into the crapper, maybe it'll be time to check out Iceland......

You mean like when politicians smoke crack. or cops shoot unarmed kids on buses?

You Canadians always think you can separate yourself from "big bad evil America", when your government is just as bad..

Hell it's basically a state...
edit on 17-11-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Ghost147
This question has been brought up in my personal conversations a number of times over the years. Especially after hearing yet another questionable practice that the US government has committed, or an up-to-date listing of; unemployment, standard of education in comparison to other first world countries, etc.

I live in Canada, so I am not directly exposed to what may or may not be reality within our southern relatives, but if what the statistical evaluation of numerous studies says is in fact true, then why not leave America?

I'm not suggesting to leave, nor suggesting that any other country in particular doesn't share similar issues or is at all better. Although, if we look at some of the studies regarding the aforementioned variables, America is - in some cases - far from the top compared to other first world countries.

From viewing the number of topics within this board we tend to see staggering numbers of American-Government based conspiracies in which directly lie to or mislead their own citizens into an otherwise obvious scare tactic or veil from transparency for an undisclosed reason. These issues aren't new to America either.

Although - to a degree - speculative, and from a completely personal opinion, it would very well appear that the fabric of America is being disintegrated by numerous factors. I see from a number of posts and topics here that many of you agree with that observation.

So my question is, for those that also feel this way, why not leave America?

For those who do not feel this why, what is your reason for staying?
edit on 17/11/13 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

I did in 1977.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

But what I'm saying is that the people/taxpayers should be involved and vote on everything, not have a bunch of bought & paid for politicians voting on it. Say that people in US congress wants to sanction Iran; The American people should cast the vote. Should illegals be arrested on site and deported? Let the American people vote on it. The people need to be part of everything. It would work. No one group or special interest could gain a foothold and corrupt everything the way it is now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join