It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Stone Disc, Plus Ultra and Who Knows What Else - Need Indiana Jones For This One

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It's been about 2 years since one of my friends sent me some strange photos showing a disc-shaped stone he took during one expedition in the area of Miculla, Tacna (Peru). Sadly, I lost the photos forever when my previous PC got damaged.

Recently, the same friend sent me a video and asked me not to share it, other people took part in that video and we don't have their permission to share it. I'll use the snipping tool to take a photo of the possible relevant information.

Today I decided to make this thread because I found another photo of the disc-shaped stone in Google Earth, believe it or not. Here it is :

I walked this vast area many times, unfortunately never found it, but my lucky friend did it. The stone is there.

Here is the twist. This extense area is covered with beautiful petroglyphs representing animals, hunting scenes, ceremonies with dancers and musicians, besides other mystical and mysterious figures...really interesting. Between all those carvings, they found one very particular, probably made by the spaniard conquistadors. You can see in the carving the words "PLUS ULTRA". That is an old spanish motto.

Plus ultra (pronounced: [plus ˈultɾa], Latin for "further beyond"; in Spanish, más allá) is the national motto of Spain. It is adopted from the personal motto of Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor (and King of Spain as Charles I) and is a Latin translation from Plus Oultre, his original motto in Old French (Charles's native language).

The carving also shows an arrow pointing to one of the higher hills in the area, that happens to be where the disc-shaped stone is located, according to my friend. Every tiem I see that photo, it looks to me like someone performed a clean cut in the base of an structure (like a pillar?). With that in mind, read the next block :

The motto was used to encourage Spanish explorers to go beyond the Pillars of Hercules and on to the New World. Today the inscription, along with the Pillars of Hercules,

Isn't it Interesting? Ever heard about the spanish dollar?

Notice the pillars and the motto on the coin.

The Spanish dollar was the coin upon which the original United States dollar was based,

There were 2 well known spanish expedition who crossed the area. The first one was leaded by Diego de Almagro and the second by Pedro de Valdivia.

Valdivia crossed the lands of Moquegua and Tacna, on his way to what we know as Chile today. It perfectly matches with this investigation.

Maybe I am starting a treasure hunt.

en.wikipedia.org...
historiabarriga.blogspot.com...
en.wikipedia.org...(motto)
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 17-11-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

That rock with the down pointing arrow is kind of neat. Notice I said down pointing? Has anyone thought to dig underneath it?

The "disc shaped" rock just looks like an eroded underground lava tube, but would also serve as a landscape marker, I guess. I love the idea of buried treasure. I'm a dumpster diver. Its Christmas every day.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I'm searching on the web for examples of "eroded underground lava tubes", in order to compare. I couldn't find a match.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
No doubt about it. A quick google image search shows the area has a lot of glyphs. A very active area at one time. Haven't found the disc shaped rock yet, but it's very uniform. It could be artificial.
Glyphs

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Trueman
reply to post by intrptr

I'm searching on the web for examples of "eroded underground lava tubes", in order to compare. I couldn't find a match.

Ermm… that wouldn't be a good descriptive for a search. Lava "tubes" are usually underground and hollow. I don''t know what they call em when they fill up.

There are examples of eroded mountains that display their volcanic cores. The lava is usually harder than the surrounding rock so it erodes at a slower rate. Google Devil's Tower and Monument Valley.

Since your example is round and sticking out of the surrounding landscape, it looked volcanic in origin to me.

What do you think it is?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Klassified
No doubt about it. A quick google image search shows the area has a lot of glyphs. A very active area at one time. Haven't found the disc shaped rock yet, but it's very uniform. It could be artificial.
Glyphs

Hi Klass, certainly the "cut" looks artificial.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

intrptr

Trueman
reply to post by intrptr

Ermm… that wouldn't be a good descriptive for a search. Lava "tubes" are usually underground and hollow. I don''t know what they call em when they fill up.

There are examples of eroded mountains that display their volcanic cores. The lava is usually harder than the surrounding rock so it erodes at a slower rate. Google Devil's Tower and Monument Valley.

Since your example is round and sticking out of the surrounding landscape, it looked volcanic in origin to me.

What do you think it is?

Devil's Tower and Monument Valley are pretty cool places but going by the size, they won't match with this one. I remember the photos my friend sent and I lost, it looks no bigger that one or one and half meters diameter. Also the cut seems really perfect but just eroded with the years.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It just means 'nothing (worth going to see) beyond this point.'

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
A very interesting search... Indiana Jones need!
S&F.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Interesting.
basing on the corodinates provided in the photo in the OP, we get the coordinates

70 5 24W, 17 51S

Search for these coordinates on Google earth and tick the panoramio photo option ON.

You get the photo of the stone disk with the title "Extraña piedra circular en cerros de Miculla" wich essentially means "Strange circular stone on Miculla hills" (thanks to google translate)

Then Off to Googling again for Miculla Hills, which landed me at a photo album for the Miculla petroglyphs
which erroneously states

" 22 Km/30 minute drive from Tacna city, if you feel like Indiana Jones, cross the bridge to explore hundreds of petrogliphs (sic) dated 1,500BC in near by surrounding hills. "

1500 BC????

Off again googling and i got

The San Francisco de Miculla petroglyphs, commonly known as the Miculla petroglyphs, are petroglyphs located 22 kilometres (14 mi) from Tacna, Peru.[1] They are carved in low relief in the rocks, and depict people fighting, dancing and hunting animals.[2] They are believed by many to be around 1500 years old, although various people date them from as wide a time period as 500 AD to 1445 AD.[2]

There is a big difference between 1500 years old and 1500 BC.

Now, coming to the PLUS ULTRA Inscription, googling "Miculla Hills + PLUS ULTRA" gives the below link to a pdf

horizon.documentation.ird.fr...

In pages 283, 284, 285 it says that

Una inscripci6n citando el lema de Espafia "Plus ultra" [636] confirma la visita dei sitio en época colonial O republicana (p 283)

An inscription with the Spanish motto "Plus ultra" [636], confirms a visit to the site in the Colonial or Republican period. (p 284)

Une inscription portant la devise de l'Espagne [636] confirme la visite du site durant l'époque coloniale ou républicaine. (p 285).

Google translation of the text on p 285 :
An inscription on the currency of Spain [636] confirms visit site during the colonial and republican periods.

The pic from the pdf

so far so good.

Indy, lead on, Google Holmes..right behind!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Great post my friend !

Thanks. Seems to confirm the spanish made that carving.

Noticed the tilt on the "T" arrow, like trying to point the hill.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Cool find. But I have what may be a stupid question:

Between all those carvings, they found one very particular, probably made by the spaniard conquistadors. You can see in the carving the words "PLUS ULTRA". That is an old spanish motto.

If the carving was made by the Spanish conquistadors, why would the carving be in Latin vs. Spanish?

I admit I don't know very much about this, so if the conquistadors spoke and wrote latin more frequently than their own native tongue, apologies in advance.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Latin was used in Europe in those days, besides their own language. Anyway, let me repost this link for you

en.wikipedia.org...(motto)

Plus ultra (pronounced: [plus ˈultɾa], Latin for "further beyond"; in Spanish, más allá) is the national motto of Spain. It is adopted from the personal motto of Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor (and King of Spain as Charles I) and is a Latin translation from Plus Oultre, his original motto in Old French (Charles's native language).

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
From the same video I mentioned in the initial post, there is another old spanish carving, it shows a man and the initials " A. S."

Now, from the list of the people who took part of Valdivia's expedition :

Alonso de Salguero,
Alonso Sánchez,

es.wikipedia.org...

From those 2 names, Alonso Sanchez called my attention. There was another Alonso Sanchez, but this one wasn't part of the expedition. Just read :

Alonso Sánchez (also known as Alonso Sánchez de Huelva) was a fifteenth-century mariner and merchant born in Huelva, Spain, on Andalusia's Atlantic coast. Legend has it that he was a mariner who reached America several years before Christopher Columbus did.

Just an interesting coincidence right?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

How shall we put a correct date on them, if, to quote your googling,

believed by many to be around

and

although various people date them from as wide a time period as

?
I could just as well give my 'google search' results (without links, as you did):

The age of the petroglyphs is a point of debate

I'm sorry, not criticizing you or giving an opinion, it's just... you see what I did there?

And yes, I realise you just wanted to point out that 1500 BC is far out ...
My point is that there's no consensus about the date. Although estimates go from 500AD 'till 1445AD.

edit on 17/11/13 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Movhisattva

How shall we put a correct date on them, if, to quote your googling,

believed by many to be around

and

although various people date them from as wide a time period as

?
I could just as well give my 'google search' results (without links, as you did):

The age of the petroglyphs is a point of debate

I'm sorry, not criticizing you or giving an opinion, it's just... you see what I did there?

And yes, I realise you just wanted to point out that 1500 BC is far out ...
My point is that there's no consensus about the date. Although estimates go from 500AD 'till 1445AD.

edit on 17/11/13 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

Go and nit pick with Google and Wikipedia my friend, not me.
I just followed a logical trail.

my post was just describing a trail - searching, just like in mind maps - that one thought/data leads to another. confirming what Trueman said. it was nice being a Internet Indy/Holmes.

BUT, What exactly is the purpose of your post???
to nitpick on my post???
Oh my.
Other than that has it contributed to the discussion?

I did see what you "did" there.
You were bored. You were reading ATS. You read about someone doing a google trail. you got an itch because of some awful bloody goddamn reason which i don't know of. You decided to post a commentary that is noncontributing to the discussion. Period!
edit on 17/11/13 by coredrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Arne Sacnussem. The disc is the door to the center of the earth.

Journey to the Center of the Earth

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Now would Indy .oops Trueman jones or Trueman Gates (National Treasure of course!) rotate that damn big stone disc clockwise 3 times and after you hear a click, rotate the disc counter clockwise.

May be a parth will open to Cibola!!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

You're right, I should have not replyed.
At the risk of again writing an uncontributing post, I hereby excuse myself. It was not my intention to get you upset.
My only point was that its date is, apparently, subject of debate. Nothing personal.

I like this find and thread, I'll keep it by that.
And, thank you for your trailing efforts.

edit on 18/11/13 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

coredrill
Now would Indy .oops Trueman jones or Trueman Gates (National Treasure of course!) rotate that damn big stone disc clockwise 3 times and after you hear a click, rotate the disc counter clockwise.

May be a parth will open to Cibola!!

Haha....good one

Now seriously...., I contacted my friend in that area again. Seems like there is another mountain close to that area with "walls". The access is very difficult so it's been observed from certain distance only. I'm trying to convince him to go there. Maybe this thread will have a part 2.

new topics

top topics

join