It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Fires on Van Full of kids (Viral Video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

buddha
I Hate to say this,
but I am with the cops on this one.

and if you look at the cop who shoots.
you can see he is shooting at the wheel !

Yep, and if you look at expanded versions of the tape, the one who fired was trying to angle it so that he DIDN"T hit the w indow.

Many stars for you if I could because your view is seemingly few and far between.

There is a local vid. that shows he was trying to aim for the tire on the back drivers side and the OP's version has a huge gap in the edit.

Star for you and thanks for pointing that out

edit on 17-11-2013 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Yes, a lot of idiocy to go around but only the cop shooting into the van and the cop using his club to break the window were endangering anyone's life until the driver fled and began driving dangerously and erratically; however, given that pigs were shooting at her and her children, I don't blame her for trying to drive somewhere where there would be more people to act as witnesses to protect them from being killed by the pigs.

In any case the pig who fire the shots should be charged with attempted murder.

edit on 17-11-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

sageturkey
She's an idiot for doing 71 in a 55, she's an idiot for pulling away from the traffic stop. Her son is an idiot for getting out and trying to start a fight with the cops. The cop who fired on the vehicle is an idiot for using deadly force where none was warranted.
Stupidity Abounds...

Perfectly stated right here.

Cops WANT to shoot. They are itching for some action, no matter who provides it; little kid, 100 pound woman, old lady, anybody.

Why did that Dick cop need to shoot? Cuz ACTION TIME!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

opethPA
I try and stay in the middle on all clips like this and write just off the information presented..

To me the mother is the only person responsible for this scenario.

1. She was speeding
2. The officer was trying to talk with her and the point when he says" Im returning to my car please shut yours off" and she decides to pull off? Yah , that is about as dumb a move as you can do and at that point she is putting her whole family at risk.
3. The cop could have easily pulled his gun when the 14 year old came at him and he didn't.
4. The cop that showed up at the end clearly didn't have all the info because the original cop had multiple chances and would have been warranted in at least drawing his weapon but didn't. The last cop shows up and all he sees is a van speeding off so he opens fire. That cop should have tried to get an assessment from the other but it is much easier to sit here behind my keyboard and say that vs being on scene.

I am all for pointing out when police respond incorrectly but I am also for holding people accountable for their actions and it this case the mother failed and failed horribly.
edit on 2013pAmerica/Chicago3010pam by opethPA because: (no reason given)

14 year old was unarmed, though might throw a mean punch to the face. That does not warrant possible bullets. Tazer? yeah sure, zap the kid, i wouldn't want to get punched in the face either. No need to give the cop credit for not drawing his gun. At all.

The van was speeding off, not speeding towards them. You think that warrants some bullets for the perps inside? Or do you pull up that utility belt, get to the cruiser, chase them down and PIT them? If the cops struck the mom or one of the kids in the back of the head, that would be justified? Even though they were trying to run, and not actively kill them?

Oh, i know what your gonna say. "They were putting other People in danger, they could have hit a pedestrian, or even worse, another cop."

I do agree that the shooty cop probably did not know of the other kids on the car.

If someone takes off on foot trying to escape,does that warrant cops blasting away? According to your wards here, i guess so.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Whats with all the pig comments?? Seriously WTF, the cop who fired was measured and with the first STATE TROOPER, how was he supposed to know that the people in the van wasn't armed?.

If the dashcam was recording audio, then I am sure that cop number three knew there were kids in the van before he shot at the tires.

Seriously, how do you THINK they got the audio.....had someone standing next to the squad car with a mike?!

edit on 17-11-2013 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

Are you being serious or just plain snarky?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
There is another video where you can clearly see sparks by left rear tire where cop was shooting, may have actually hit tire. Stupid woman.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Yes, I am pretty sure if the officer was trying to hit the passengers in the van, that back window would have shattered first shot. This isn't a Hollywood movie.

(post by verylowfrequency removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

bigman88
14 year old was unarmed, though might throw a mean punch to the face. That does not warrant possible bullets. Tazer? yeah sure, zap the kid, i wouldn't want to get punched in the face either. No need to give the cop credit for not drawing his gun. At all.

Did he tazer the kid, nope.
Did anyone shoot at the kid, nope.
You think a 14 year old or an 87 year old can't kill or hurt someone ?
If the original officer would have pulled his gun the anti-cop faction here would have been all over him for pulling his gun on a the "victim 14 year old child"

bigman88
The van was speeding off, not speeding towards them. You think that warrants some bullets for the perps inside? Or do you pull up that utility belt, get to the cruiser, chase them down and PIT them? If the cops struck the mom or one of the kids in the back of the head, that would be justified? Even though they were trying to run, and not actively kill them?

Multiple threads here people saying things like "shoot out the tires" or "shoot them in the leg"
So the cops try that and they are shooting into the van.

bigman88
If someone takes off on foot trying to escape,does that warrant cops blasting away? According to your wards here, i guess so.

The cops didn't blast away, 1 cop tried to shoot out the tires.

Still have not seen you or the rest of the internet tough guys with their pig term blaming the only person that caused this problem.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is what happens when irrational people are all that the state can afford to hire. Clearly this was an issue that could have gotten a lot worse than the outcome, but what if this officer chose to attempt to deescalate the situation with the mother things could have been a lot better. The officer wasn't prepared for this scenario and should have been. An officer should be their to protect and serve and that's not the mentality the population see's going on. They are out of control and its only getting worse.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

palmalBlue2
reply to post by bigman88

Are you being serious or just plain snarky?

Sending bullets at fleeing suspects when not needed? No snarkiness here.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

I have no mixed emotions about this, the woman is black and was most likely scared of this white cop (we have all seen how this goes down, even if your white in many cases).
Factor in she had 5 kids with her that she felt she had to protect obviously. The son jumped out because that is his mother, I would have done the same! She went to a public place where she then felt safe to pull over.
Furthermore, the cop knew there were kids in that van, yet he didn't stop the other officer from firing into the back of the vehicle. They should all be fired for that alone! Innocent children were involved here.
That's my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Wow just wow... I didn't think there was anything left that would surprise me when it came to trigger happy cops but this just takes the biscuit and sets a new level of incompetence and ridiculousness!
edit on 18-11-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

On Oct. 28, Ferrell was pulled over on a state highway south of Taos. According to court documents, she was allegedly driving 71 mph in a 55 mph zone.

When the officer attempted to issue a citation for driving in excess of the speed limit, she allegedly argued with him over the $126 fine and sped off in her Kia Sedona.

She had five children in her minivan, aged 6 to 18, police said.

During Ferrell's arraignment in Taos Magistrate Court last week, her attorney, Alan Maestas, said the New Mexico State Police officers who were involved in the incident are the ones at fault.

"She was flat-out scared that something was going to happen to her children. We ought to talk about the stupidity and recklessness of shooting at a car that has five children in it," Maestas told the court, according to The Taos News.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I understand the lady should of never drove off in the first place after she was pulled over.
I understand the cop was pissed, I mean evading an officer, that's like saying he's got a small one..
When he pulls the mother out of the car, she should of just let them arrest her.
Her son getting into the mess is only 14, he didn't want to see his mom get hurt, but you can't
go around hitting cops no matter what..

The crazy thing here I see is when the lady is evading the second time they open fire on the back of the van
while its pulling away from them.. It's not coming at them, she's going forward.. This would be like shooting someone in the back after a fight and the other guy is walking off..
The officer should be terminated.. Over zealous cops, trigger happy.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I was going to say cue the police apologists, like on the other thread about this.

But it would appear they are already here.

I think its time for citizens to march on their local city halls in a peaceful manner to DEMAND change under threat of refusing to pay their taxes. I cant see too many peaceful ways to turn this decent into police brutality back in the right direction.
And people wonder why black people and other minorities fear the police.
Today its the minorities, tomorrow its everybody. Please dont let that become a reality.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
first off im making this crystal clear..
i dont like cops and what le has become in the last decade so do not dare call me a police apologist..i do have a reasonable amount of common sense though
now having said that, the woman is an idiot.
the police officer who shot did so without knowing the full situation/information/facts and shot at a vehicle driving away(no immediat threat)..which really goes back to firing without all the info, situations can escalate very quickly..lots of blame for all involved but the woman is really the one who shoulders the larger burden of blame here.
its no secret to the general population that you probably should not screw around with le as them boys do not mess around for sure..right wrong or indifferent
edit on 18-11-2013 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

vonclod
i dont like cops and what le has become in the last decade so do not dare call me a police apologist..i do have a reasonable amount of common sense though
the police officer who shot did so without knowing the full situation/information/facts and shot at a vehicle driving away(no immediat threat)..which really goes back to firing without all the info, situations can escalate very quickly..lots of blame for all involved but the woman is really the one who shoulders the larger burden of blame here.
its no secret to the general population that you probably should not screw around with le as them boys do not mess around for sure..right wrong or indifferent

Indeed, what the lady did is very stupid(as many emotional responses are, especially those of a mother wishing to protect her children). But then so was the officer discharging his firearm.
He could have killed one of the children, it would have been a different story if he did.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Evading the cops is a bad idea. Resisting arrest is a bad idea.
The cop might've thought that she was mentally unhinged, and was a danger to her kids, so he fired to try and disable her before she could hurt them or anyone else? It's not like he walked up to her window the second he pulled her over and started firing at her. If you disobey a cop, be ready for the consequences. Only an idiot would do what she did.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

OneManArmy

vonclod

Indeed, what the lady did is very stupid(as many emotional responses are, especially those of a mother wishing to protect her children). But then so was the officer discharging his firearm.
He could have killed one of the children, it would have been a different story if he did.

they are indeed both very lucky that didnt happen as both would of contributed to it, i agree the cop didnt need to fire..he acted without the info but we know situations can unravel in milliseconds and someone makes a call..it was not the right one and lucky no one got shot. as for the woman and emotional responces..if she cant keep it together while getting pulled over perhaps she has no business behind the wheel?.she got a ticket what was the big deal/fear?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join