It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Fires on Van Full of kids (Viral Video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It's obvious now that cops can shoot at and/or kill anyone, anytime. If not, the nation would know it by all the protesting that is happening due to it. Chances are you won't be the one abused, right.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

palmalBlue2

One of the charges is also possession of drug paraphernalia [found in the van]

BINGO!!! A Cookie for you Sir! She should lose her children, and go to jail for wreckless endangerment of her children what 5 counts there, and 3 counts on the officers. That should net her a cool 20 yrs. What mother puts her children at risk with drugs and fleeing officers? The kind who cares more about herself than their safety!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

palmalBlue2

One of the charges is also possession of drug paraphernalia [found in the van]

Haha I knew it! You just don't take off like that without having something to hide.
Still doesn't justify what happened next though...
edit on 17-11-2013 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
pretty sure this woman is gonan get the book thrown at her and loose her kids for her stupidity,guess we will have to wait for the investigation of the officer who fired to find out if any one else is gonna get charged with anything but im going with the police officers for this one as this was pretty much text book what you dont do in a pull over situation

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yep, a cop should be able to roll up and start shooting at a vehicle. Why should the police care if a kid get shot.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't agree with the actions the shooting officer took, however, maybe there is an explanation?

Maybe the "fleeing felon rule" is the reason?
en.wikipedia.org...

As soon as the 14 year old (which I'm sure the police didn't know the age or capability of) attacked the officer, he became a felon. Someone willing to attack and harm an officer, and another person willing to run away in a van (a deadly weapon if need be), is a dangerous thing to have running around town. It's possible the shooting officer feared they would harm another officer or person as they ran away, or during pursuit, and they figured it was best to stop them immediately.
edit on 17-11-2013 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
That's the type of reasoning that keeps this messing growing.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The woman in this video caused this by making dumb choices at multiple locations.
The kid is 14 or is right about at the age where consequence for actions needs to set in but you can somewhat give him a pass based on age.
The original arresting cop did it right.
The cop that fired looks like he is firing at the tires but also should have paused a few seconds to assess this situation.

In the end, one person is to blame for this and that is the woman and that seems pretty clear.
edit on 2013pAmerica/Chicago3005ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'll say that cop gave her many chances, for some reason the law doesn't apply to her. Do I think they should fire on a mini van full of kids? No. It wasn't the cop that knew who/what was in the van. I'm gonna put a lot of responsibility on the parent driving. Somehow I fell like she will walk away with a purse full of cash, that helps no one.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Well this IDIOT at least has the sense to watch what played out in the video, and if I must be an idiot in order to have an opinion of my own then so be it. Wait! Doesn't the government react the same way as you? If you don't have the same opinion as us there is something with you. Hmmmm....Very curious. Very curious indeed.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Dying to hear her express concerns for her children's safety from the "Gestah-PO-PO". Whilst I wait for that, I'll wager her and the Innanet Lynchmob Legion of ImmaHaxville Doxurass Anti-Policeforce Force (ILLIDAPF) will adopt a passive position on her need for speed (as she was going 70+ in a 55) and scream F*** The Police in unison. Yes, I totes believe shes concerned enough about the certain firey-tumble of despair she'd bring upon her family.

And the dashcam video? It shows officer friendly arriving late on the scene, discharging his weapon on a bad judgement call. That's a grey area, really.

Why is this even viral? The circus was in town that day with each their own idiocy to display, now the promoters inciting postshow finger-pointing entertainment for "Americas Top Idiot", and guess what? They're all contestants. Did WSHH vanish? Hello?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Help me out here, but I recall a video where the police were shooting at a man on a bus, a question was posed on why they did not shoot to injure the man instead of pointing it center mass and killing the man?

The response was that he may miss and hit innocent bystanders.

So, there is a van full of kids, and he is trying to shoot tires and directly ahead and below the kids and the same danger does not exist?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

jacobe001
Help me out here, but I recall a video where the police were shooting at a man on a bus, a question was posed on why they did not shoot to injure the man instead of pointing it center mass and killing the man?

The response was that he may miss and hit innocent bystanders.

So, there is a van full of kids, and he is trying to shoot tires and directly ahead and below the kids and the same danger does not exist?

Did you actually watch the video?

The cop that does the shooting shows up at the end and I would be willing to be had no idea their were kids in the van with tinted windows. All he sees is a van that now pulled away 2x when being pulled over is speeding off.

You are concerned with that and not the multiple horribly dumb choices the woman made?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

opethPA

Did you actually watch the video?

The cop that does the shooting shows up at the end and I would be willing to be had no idea their were kids in the van with tinted windows. All he sees is a van that now pulled away 2x when being pulled over is speeding off.

You are concerned with that and not the multiple horribly dumb choices the woman made?

He had to radio in for backup and state the nature of the situation before leaving his car correct?
The other police would have been monitoring the radio as well and know what is going on?

The woman made some stupid decisions as did the officer.
He only escalated the situation and made it worse.

If I don't do my job properly at work, I am at fault as well regardless of the excuses I proffer to my Boss.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

jacobe001
He had to radio in for backup and state the nature of the situation before leaving his car correct?
The other police would have been monitoring the radio as well and know what is going on?

The woman made some stupid decisions as did the officer.
He only escalated the situation and made it worse.

If I don't do my job properly at work, I am at fault as well regardless of the excuses I proffer to my Boss.

As much as I am assuming the cop that shot didn't know their were kids in there you are assuming that the arresting officer said their were when he called in.

1 person is responsible for this, 1 person caused it, 1 person escalated it and that is the woman.
You can make a case that the cop showing up late should have assessed before shooting at the tires.
I don't see how a few people here are saying the original cop escalated.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Sorry OpethPA, but that is not how the real world works.
Anytime there is more than one person involved in any dispute or action, there are responsibilities resting on all shoulders involved.

As a Micro example, two people got into an argument at work and one of them threw a punch. They were both let go even though only one escalated it to physical violence. They both shared in the responsibility.

As a Macro Example, Wall Street Bankers created cheap and easy credit loans in the mortgage industry with their crony politicians because they could not get enough of those toxic derivatives. There were people that should not have been buying the expensive houses that they could not afford, but the prices would never have been as high as they were, if it were not for the bankers and politicians.

Unfortunately, wrt Wall Street, only the homeowners and tax payers suffered while Wall Street got bailed out.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

jacobe001
reply to post by opethPA

Sorry OpethPA, but that is not how the real world works.

Except none of the scenarios you mentioned related to fluid situations with multiple life threatening variables like pulling someone over or combat or surgery or fighting a fire in a burning building.

If you want to blame the cop for shooting at the tires , fair enough he shouldn't have without knowing the scenario better.

Ill blame the person that caused the problem , the one that broke multiple laws, the one that pulled away 2 times after being pulled over, the one that endangered her kids multiple times.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

thanks for your posts. A voice of sanity in the madness.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I can't see where the state trooper was wrong in his actions. Not sure why MOST comments felt sorry for the woman and viled the police in this. [from all the 'comment sections' I read on various sites] Ok, sorry, most comments said she was an idiot too, but sided with her on the fear factor.

And a huge WTF to the judge if in fact he let the kid 'walk'.

Seriously what does that say to our youth? You can 'dis a cop, try to hurt them by protecting your mama and its OK?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I Hate to say this,
but I am with the cops on this one.

and if you look at the cop who shoots.
you can see he is shooting at the wheel !

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join