It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German railway deploys surveillance drones

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yeah I know but my problem is that we're stuck in the middle of these "oblivionated" (new word) fools and will be sucked up right along with the rest if we're not careful.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Biigs

lacrimoniousfinale
reply to post by Skyfloating

Why is using a drone to catch criminal activity any different to using a human to do it?

Because the human would rather be nice and warm in a soft chair miles away sipping coffee.

Why say that like it is a bad thing, or in any way meaningful?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Skyfloating
This is the worst of dystopian science-fiction coming true. I dont like Graffiti, but I like flying spy-drones even less. This sets the precedent for more of the same throughout the world. And its not going to stop at spying on Graffiti Sprayers. Im reminded of a sci-fi story I read as a kid, where the Government had imposed a curfew that was enforced by flying and weaponized drones. Now that its technically possible, its only a matter of time...

We should send a predator or several predators down to mexico that would cut down the drugs. This is not shoe boy archie bunker singing deeper than the holler a country song. Password is stink and the stink is the thugs and the companies running around putting drones up in the sky to spy and surveillance and wire tap. This technology is getting to their bullocks and if this was Britain that we could say bullocks and eat some fish and chips and soak our dentures in espson salt and say that the world is good.
edit on 22-11-2013 by MarkScheppy because: af

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well, big in the news this week was that Amazon would also like to start delivering with drones. I guess nothing is stopping this from becoming real. Its not enough to see what we do online, there also needs to be eyes in the skies to see what we do offline.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Germany and surveillance? no way! why does that sound familiar? oh yeah, there was some dude with a moustache like 70 years ago.

seriously though, i can see the usefulness of (unarmed) drones, but i can also see the threat they convey, whether armed or not. well, it's worse if they're armed of course, but bad enough if they're unarmed. still waiting for the first big case all over the media where they catch some evil mass murderer/terrorist or something with the help of drones.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join