It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I hear electricity? Tell me if you hear the ring!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I have an extremely paranoid problem with the humming. Late at night, when my house should be silent, other than the ringing, I hear the ring go up, then down, and it sounds like someone just stepped in front of a fan of noise, like its muffled. So, due to that, I end up walking around an empty house in the middle of the night a lot, looking for whats causing the noise.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViriiGuy

But hearing electricity, does NOT make you perceptive or special in anyway.
You hear the electricity because it makes an audible hum as it vibrates.
Electrical current pulses which creates a vibration. This much is fact.

Hearing it is not special, and anyone who will listen can here it.
There is nothing super-natural about electricity. There is scientific fact and
reasoning to explain the noises your are hearing.

ViriiGuy

I dont think anyone is trying to say that it is magic or supernatural... merely that some are more keen to those frequencys than others... and that my friend is also proven... (many times based upon hearing accuity)

on another note of electrical sensitivity:
Anyone else wonder what they will do about mobile phones, since they seem to ruin any music that is being played within 15 feet... (the unusual humm, and beep on your computer speakers, that signals a phone call is coming before your cell phone rings)...

I have noticed that amplified speakers will also pick up this cell phone disruption from quite a distance... thereby making the playing of clear and undistorted music impossible in this day and age...

I personally would be very pissed, if I spent 10,000 on a "acuostically perfect" stereo, and had a constant buzz in the speakers, due to my neighbors cell habits...
it's enough to send an audiophile to his grave...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
not only can u heazr it but you can feel it to one of the main cause of
illness in man is his inexperience with our own systems i believe that it is not healthy to have this much electricity around us at all times.many of peoples anxiety problems and such come from the effect of how weve forced ourselves into such a state of constant energy exchanges.i am a very sensual person so to speak and. even artificial light can hurt my head.
many people in cities are extremely agitated for the more we disassociate ourselves with nature in its true form and not these concrete walls lined with power the more we become unhealthy.
just my opinoin

If you believe in evolution weve been getting to this point for a long time
and to just abruptly change almost every single aspect of the way we live in just a few hundred years is to ask for disaster...........

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
i thought everyone heard that XD

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
What you are hearing is called:

[size=20]TRANSFORMER HUM

Transformer noise is caused by a phenomenon called magnetostriction. In very simple terms this means that if a piece of magnetic sheet steel is magnetized it will extend itself. When the magnetization is taken away. I goes back to its original condition. A transformer is magnetically excited by an alternating voltage and current so that it becomes extended and contracted twice during a full cycle of magnetization.

This extension and contraction is not uniform, consequently the extension and contraction varies all over a sheet.
A transformer core is made from many sheets of special steel. It is made this way to reduce losses and to reduce the consequent heating effect. If the extensions and contractions described above are taking place erratically all over a sheet, and each sheet is behaving erratically with respect to its neighbor, then you can get a picture of a moving, writhing construction when it is excited. Of course, these extensions are only small dimensionally, and therefore cannot usually be seen by the naked eye. They are, however, sufficient to cause a vibration, and as a result noise.
The act of magnetization by applying a voltage to a transformer produces a flux, or magnetic lines of force in the core. The degree of flux will determine the amount of magnetostriction (extensions and contractions) and hence, the noise level.
The obvious question is why not reduce the noise in the core by reducing the amount of flux. Why? Because it is not that simple.
Transformer voltages are fixed by system requirements, and the amount of magnetization, by the ratio of these voltages to the number of turns in the winding. The decision on what this ratio of voltage to turns will be, is made for reasons, mainly economic. It means that the amount of flux at the normal voltage is invariably fixed, thus setting the noise and vibration level. Also, increasing (or decreasing) magnetization does not increase or decrease the magnetostriction by the same amount. In technical terms the relationship is not linear. Therefore, when we are asked, as we invariably are,– “can you reduce the noise level at the source?” – the answer is that it can be done, at a cost and for not much improvement in noise level.

www.federalpacific.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I hear it..........no joke.
I can stop way outside of LasVegas and can put on a blindfold and spin all around and I can point straight at Vegas....I can HEAR its high buzzy sound.

I can hear a City way before I get close to it, but it sounds just like a power station, or transformer station......a high pitch 'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE' sound. I can mes up wether its some kind of power station or a city. A TV set has a weird sound being on all its own....when walking down the street I can hear who has a TV on or not by this sound....I kind of can FEEL it in my skull.

I seem to have a weird effect on electricity to....I do not know if this is why I can hear it or not, or if its even connected somehow.

Look up on this site the many threads on S.L.I.D.E.R.S (street light sumpin sumpin) Its about people who have an effect on electrical things. They CAN usually hear it to. Your not crazy and your NOT alone.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
When You walk down the street,do street lights go on and off?
Because that can happen too,depending on the person.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
White noise or static.

Its like a broadcasting system as all noise gathers to make one distinct hiss or ping. I think its possible to tune into things in this way much like a radio. To be honest I had a scary one a few days ago, it was too load and made me feel horrible.

Just think of what mobile phones do to you when you put them to your head! i don't know much about it but we're all electromagnetic and emit waves some appliances mess with that in my opinon.

Emotion = Energy. Wave forms emitted and absorbed by others - empathy.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i can hear when tvs are left on mute, like when theyre not making any sound from a tv show or sumthing.. But id walk up the stairs and just hear a very faint, high pitched ringing. Id know where its comi nfrom and what it is immediatly. no idea what it is.. somethinto do with magnetic waves?
no idea what imtalking about

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FunkyBassist0010
i can hear when tvs are left on mute, like when theyre not making any sound from a tv show or sumthing.. But id walk up the stairs and just hear a very faint, high pitched ringing. Id know where its comi nfrom and what it is immediatly. no idea what it is.. somethinto do with magnetic waves?
no idea what imtalking about

Its transformer hum.

All transofrmers make noise.

See my post above....

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
What you are talking about is the physical aspect of this,

These people(as well as I )feel the buzzing in the head that's something different (but also physical except sience hasn't the tools to measure this sort of energy(psychic etc.)).

remember (if you read the whole thread?) countfranklin with the electric lightning orb experience.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by Dhaerma]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
When you are about to fall asleep and the pitch of the noise changes.....and you're mood changes, it's intrusively annoying!
I came across this thread and thought that this experience of mine applies.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I dont think anyone is trying to say that it is magic or supernatural... merely that some are more keen to those frequencys than others... and that my friend is also proven... (many times based upon hearing accuity)

True. I also am sensitive to these things. When a television is on in my house I can feel the hum in the air, no matter where it is or how loud it is I can just tell if its on.
Also, the only time I ever feel that my house is quiet is when theres a power cut and no electricity is coming into the house.

It isn't paranormal, its just like how some people are double jointed and some aren't.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Electronics make high pitched hums, well, atleast some of them. I am an overclocker. I mainly overclock my video card, this draws 3d things, however overclocking generates more heat.

When I increased my fan speed to get rid of the excess heat, my PWM frequency got all screwed up then the computer case would emit a ultra high pitched sound. I sometimes get that noise for no reason. Strange.

The noise I hear it REALLY REALLY REALLY high pitched, not a low pitched hum. I am under a flight path though, and many Dash 8 turboprop planes fly above me almost reaching cruise altitude. Them planes generate a low pitched humming sound, which can sound really strange if you don't no what it is. Of course planes aren't always above my head, but I still do hear them maybe, every hour for about 5 minutes each.

I honestly think the thing your hearing is something electrical or magnetic. Perhaps TVs or the Earths magnetic field, while sometimes it could just be a plane flying overhead. Many computers emit transformer hum, though as I call it, transistor whine.

[edit on 9-10-2006 by PisTonZOR]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Ever since I started sound engineering I have heard it.

Training my ear also meant hearing alot of stuff none of your friends can here. Humans can hear from 20hz - 20,000khz. Unfortunatley the untrained ear only focuses on the stuff around 70hz-16,000khz. If someone says "Can you hear that" for something around 18,000 people usually go "HEY YEAH!" but don't notice it.

I had to sell away by surround sound system because it gave out a faint 19,000khz ring that drove me insane. My mate bought it because he couldn't hear it lol.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the post... Ive often sat and heard this high pitch ring, and Im like someone just turned on a TV in the other room or what not.. I have been able to hear this stuff since I was a kid.. I think most of us all tuned into this..
As there is a light hum within our minds all the time...
If you have expermented with things, you can here the WAH WAH, energy that makes up our thoughts and mind.. Each second is an electical impulse.. If you are open minded, and know about this you will hear it all the time, and it can drive you nuts if you dont block it out at times... I have many sleepless nights due to this hum.. Then agin IM not like most folks, I have done many things which expand a mind.. And then some would say, your a burnout man...
But for me, its personal level in which I have devloped my mental state.. I can still function and act normal when I need to.. But the most time I am the deepest person I know and sometimes have trouble holding a normal conversation.. I always tend to get a little deep about anything I talk about..

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I've noticed a lot of electrical appliances make noises and the high pitched noises are especially irratating. I try to avoid that. Sometimes it seems like it's in the broadcast signal but I've been lucky enough not to hear that for a while.

When a room is very dry, I've also been able to hear the snap, crackle, pop sounds of all the static electricity in the air. That rarely happens except I do remember easily hearing it one day in a very dry room with a really bad static electricity problem. It was weird too.

I was getting charged just sitting on my dorm room bed sitting still. Then I could continously zap the cinder block wall with each finger. It was fun but I wouldn't want that every day. When I say fun, that was with precautions, my roomate and I learned to grab the metal part of a screwdriver blade before we slid off of our dorm beds and touched anything. The static discharge after doing so was very painful without using a screwdriver to discharge first.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I can hear electricity and always havebeen able to, I only seem to hear it when its being used ( I can't hear it in wires) it also seems that the less electricity the appliance uses the less I hear it. It sounds similar to a high pitch hum, almost a whistle, with a crackling noise and a hiss (cliché I know). I've kinda learnt to block it out so to speak but I've had it for as long as I can remember. I remember one time when I was 8 I was invited int the cockpit on an airplane, almost immediately I got a headache, similar to migrane level, just from the noise. At first I thought everyone could but no one else seems to, or at least not to my intensity, any advice?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Im not sure if its the same thing as hearing electricity, but sometimes, just in random places and times, I hear a loud ringing in my ear, not sure what it is, and I dont think i will ever find out

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here are a couple of other threads that deal with this topic.
Same topic
And this one.
Same topic 2004

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join