It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I hear electricity? Tell me if you hear the ring!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'd always thought it was common to hear electrical devices operating. If you sit in a quiet room and have something like a lava lamp on, you can definately hear the buzzing/ringing noise.

Personally when I meditate I can hear it very strongly so I have to turn everything off around me or I'll get a headache.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
ive always had bad hearing...you could say somethign perfectly clear and I will go WHAT!?...and im always talkin loud....but one thing I can hear EXTREMLY well is like tv's and computers...and well any electronic thats liek a tv...mostly its things with a screen ....i remember once i got behind a tv to hook up the cable cord and it felt liek my ears were going to explode it was so loud....but I cannot STAND this ring...but have learned to live with it.....but you kno going into rooms and sayin "the tv is on" gets on my moms nerves and im always gettin yelled at...well....i wish i could do away with it but for some reason i have a strong urge to say the tv is on

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Can I hear Electricity?
Well next time you have a power outage, just go outside and tell me what
you can hear.

Nothing! So yes I believe you can hear electricity

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
(the first post) - I have the same exact thing happen to me. I can hear the sharp high pitched twinge of the TV turning on. And when it's on sometimes it gives me a real headache. I haven't paid attention to lights before. Sometimes I get really sensitive to the sound of the TV though, and switching channels really literally hurts when that happens. Also when the screen flashes white there are spikes in the pitch. Good to know other people hear this. An engineer explained it to me once, something about a box in the TV set that emits a high pitch squeal that shouldn't be heard but that some people can hear. Just another source of cancer probably.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Do any of you who are experiencing this, live in or near Taos.N.M?
There is a line that runs from Taos east, we know not how far as it is a military project? and it sometimes causes a humming in one ear, especially around electrical items.
I had it some time back, but some who have it, it never goes away.
It is referred to as the Taos hum..
Just a suggestion,,

Here is one of many links relating to it.

www.eskimo.com...

[edit on 26-4-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
No where near it.

However, I did see a Dateline special or something about that sound, and how the government claimed there was no actual noise and the people in the area just must be crazy or something. Really pissed me off. Like, I know people are crazy, but it's usually a little more random than all that.
If I had to live with a hum that didn't come from something I could turn off I'd go freaking nuts.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incognita
No where near it.

However, I did see a Dateline special or something about that sound, and how the government claimed there was no actual noise and the people in the area just must be crazy or something. Really pissed me off. Like, I know people are crazy, but it's usually a little more random than all that.
If I had to live with a hum that didn't come from something I could turn off I'd go freaking nuts.

Well, I live in the South, far away,,it almost drove me NUTS!
The only way I got rid of it was to take 3 times the recommended dose of Antivert, I am not recommending that, but it was the only thing left for me after spending lots on ear doctors..

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
When left alone in a sound proof room, one will go mad from the sound of the electrical current of your nervous system, it will be the only thing you can hear.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I hadn't thought about this for years...but yes, I could "hear" the high pitched whine of a TV set starting up...but the newer ones not so much...and the LCD'S , not at all. [ but since my youth, I've had some hearing damage, concerts and high explosives...so I've lost the "edge" I once had.

I never tried to test myself , but I know I could have "heard" whether or not, any TV was on while blidfolded. [ up to age 17 ]

as far as the OOBE , I hadn't thought of that...I guess it is possible. I know I did that many many many times as a kid [ the OOBE ], but I never talked about it. I suppose that after I got up, I was more interested in having breakfast and playing outside as opposed to a discussion of my sleep state/ dream state. and no one ever asked or talked about it, til after I had stopped doing it...oh , about 9 -10 yo or so.

Uma

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well of course you can hear electricity, or more likely you can hear it move air or interact with objects in your environment.

You can also feel it, since the electrons do triger a nerve response.

You can see it too, i.e. lightening, sparks, etc.

All of this is provided that you have functioning senses of sight, hearing and touch.

Now, if you can smell or taste electricty, you've got something new.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
I think I have tinnitus. Constant ringing in your ears. But Im used to it. The thing is, all of a sudden I sometimes get a sudden ring in an ear above the normal tinnitus ring and my ear goes slightly deaf...but it goes away pretty soon after and returns to normal. I have read theories that those with ringing in their ears are sensitive to other dimensional plains blah blah, and stuff about aliens blah blah...but nothing cool has ever happened to me yet.

Maybe it's coming though...

and all this time I thought it was a brain tumor

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Heck yeah!!!

It's the Electrical, Magnetic and possibly Mystical energies clashing with yours.

Since a kid I could here this, it drives me nuts though. I cant sleep sometime. As an adult I can do it with humans. You know if your back is turned and someone walks in the room,.... that funny feeling you have before looking over your shoulder most likely follwed their magnetic field getting close to yours. The funny feeling was the ring, your spidey sense.

Seems as though there may be a correlation between this energy and an individuals mystical energy. Ive channeled this energy before by accident via emotions. Maybe those who cant hear it or just hear certain appliance s still have to grow mentally.

Definately something Ill be looking into when time allows.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
I hadn't thought about this for years...but yes, I could "hear" the high pitched whine of a TV set starting up...but the newer ones not so much...and the LCD'S , not at all.

Yeah, same here. LCD's don't give it to me. Their nice and cool, for some reason I get a cooling sensation from them, whatever that means. Atleast in comparison to the way I feel around other monitors. New TV's bother me far more than the old tube sets for some reason, we have both in our house and I've noticed that the tube set doesn't give off the pitch that the new ones do. But LCD's are different, quiet, from what I've been able to tell so far.

[edit on 28-4-2005 by Incognita]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Here is an interesting link to those of you interested in this subject.

www.astronomycafe.net...

I have worked as a robotics engineer, lighting technician and electrician for many years now. I recall hearing the hum of mains power sub-stations, the ring of high voltage power lines, the wail of valves in old style televsions and random high pitched ringing in my ears. Some of these can possibly be explained as "tinitus" or perhaps some other psychological phenomena. Most sounds that you hear (especially the hum of sub-station transformers and the high pitched noises associated with older electronics and high voltage power transmission can be explained by "Resonance."

Here is a neat link to a scientific explanation of that noise.

www.aip.org...

The scream of a CD or DVD player is actually the sound of the disc physically spinning up to speed. However, it is perfectly possible to hear the "effects" of electricity.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
it is not just hearing it that your body is doing... you are feeling it. It is RADIATION... we consider electromagnetic radiation normal in the 1st world, so sad. I live under transmission lines so I understand. Most of what you are hearing is what is called coronal discharge, though the hum of an electric motor is something different. Too small a gauge wire... or just barely big enough as industry provides... with too high a current causes energy to radiate from the lines to the moisture in the air and eventually to you.

Get away from the grid.

Yours,

Sri Oracle... stuck in a square town, on a square block, with a square lot, and a square house in the middle of the humming grid.... (just like everyone else). We can thank our city planning masonic brothers for that one. *Jab*

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
it's not only in Taos. People in Kokomo, Indiana have been reporting this phenomemon since about 1999. I've been there, but haven't heard anything. (big shocker)

A little light verse from Scott Emmons

[url=http://www.wordchowder.com/Weirdbuttrue.html]>LINK

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
And they say that ELF doesn't cause any damage... HA

last weekend, i went to look at a newly renovated building. I was shown the electrical plant. the minute we walked into the room, i had to walk back out...

of course we are talking High voltage, but it was literally making my eyes stutter...
I feel sorry for people that have to live around high voltage lines and stations...
they have got to be affected by it.

I personally can sense electrical fields also, but not as easily as some...
I am not bothered by incandesents, but flouresent lights have a very audible buzzing... as well as computer monitors, and some other higher voltage items...

one thing that helps me, beleive it or not, is having the TV on... it seems to put a soothing "white noise" over any other bothersome noise/sense.
much like turning on a shower to drown out a leaky faucet...

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I had a music professor in college who was very into acoustical science as well as biological and musical crossroads. Anyway, he once told a story of how he was invited to a lab in Texas where they had created an absolute sound proof environment.

The only thing that people could hear was their own body - including the noise of the nervous system. Normally these would be filtered out due to everything else in the world that's going on.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I hear TVs when I walk down a quiet street, not the actual speaker noise but I hear the "HUM" of electronic frequencies running through transistors and form into electrons on the screen... unlike the hum I hear from the spinning disc in the computer harddrive next to me... its a static blanket that surrounds us "western society folk" we've been subject to it since birth so our mind blanks it out, but to someone whose never been in a 1,000 TVs per square inch Country they would complain about the noise whether its a ring or a hum, ringing it from higher frequencies while the hum is from lower ones obviously.. its good your noticing whats going on inside you... lol

[edit on 9/12/05 by dnero6911]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Ok,
Now I am an open minded educated man. I believe in aliens, ghosts, spirits
and even demons.

But hearing electricity, does NOT make you perceptive or special in anyway.
You hear the electricity because it makes an audible hum as it vibrates.
Electrical current pulses which creates a vibration. This much is fact.

Hearing it is not special, and anyone who will listen can here it.
There is nothing super-natural about electricity. There is scientific fact and
reasoning to explain the noises your are hearing.

ViriiGuy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join