It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hungary sets up new special force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

As a result of a defence review the hungarian defence ministry is going to set up a special forces batalion. The battalion with a 400 strong table of establishment is to be based upon the 34th Bercsenyi Laszlo reconn battalion
[/quote)

I't will be intresting to see this unit in action maybe it will help us in Iraq who knows?

honvedelem.hu

[edit on 17-11-2004 by blue cell]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
doubt they will help in iraq, most probably home turf stuff.
400 strong huh hmm wonder who they will train off?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well congratulations to Hungary. Any idea what they will do in particular. If they're counter-terror than it would be a good idea to base them off of British or Australian SAS or Delta Force. For anything else I'd base it off of Spetsnaz, those guys are tough but not to good at reducing civilian casualties. Since there new I doubt that they will fight in Iraq, unless they're trying to gain expirience and glory.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Sorry the server must be slow so I had some weird double post. For some reason I posted, it didn't appear so I retyped my reply. Once I made this reply (which I'm editing) I saw my first post appeared. Stupid low bandwith, sorry everybody.

[edit on 11/17/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Any idea what they will do in particular.

just check the link it tells.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ooops, I feel like an idiot.
I'd probably base my training around SAS if I were them. From the sound of it they might be worried about being attacked by terrorists or something. In todays world a force like this is nessesary to survive.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Its okay we all have all slipp ups. And hay the more ats points for me the better. LOL

[Edited on 18-11-2004 by blue cell]

top topics

join