It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mel's Hole from Art Bell is revisited by the News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It seems that they are very close to locating mells hole , and this video containes a picture of the hole that I have never seen before.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Always thought this story was nonsense.. a deep hole, fair enough but bringing animals back from the dead..?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

This is an old video i recall seeing it at least 2 years ago.
How about you tell those of us that dont know about mels hole what exactly it is and what about it

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Very cool. I love the story of Mel's Hole. Most likely the files from the library were lifted by either researchers or possibly the government. There's a lot of military close by in Yakima.

I really would like to see it professionally explored by spelunkers.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Some good stuff here: www.melshole.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Forum

I Guess they gave up looking for it back in 2007
edit on 16-11-2013 by Ivar_Karlsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

The video does a good job of explaining it , but the story started when a caller called into the art bell show to talk about a very deep hole that he had on his property.
He use to toss the trash in there and never heard anything hit the bottom.
One day he let a lead weight down on some fishing line ,and eventually let down 80,000 feet he claimed.
This picture is as he described the hole.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I always thought the mystery of Mel's hole
Was that it was a pet nickname for Mel's wife

;-)

🔚⌛⏰🔱

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Cito
I always thought the mystery of Mel's hole
Was that it was a pet nickname for Mel's wife

;-)

🔚⌛⏰🔱

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

One day he let a lead weight down on some fishing line ,and eventually let down 80,000 feet he claimed.

I don't believe either of those facts.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

roadgravel

I don't believe either of those facts.

Dunno, it's possible. Would take about 8 spools of fishing line from the tackle shop. The kind the shops use to refill peoples reels.

If I found a hole that appeared bottomless with spooky stories around it I might have tried myself.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I don't think that is the Oregon Mel's hole. I believe it is a picture of the Nevada Basque hole. The one where the strange seal like creature emerged.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Found This Website that deals with this topic and 2 other deep holes. Fascinating stuff...

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

bluemooone2
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

80,000 feet of fishing line !

i'd guess the first 400 yards would need to be weighted... but i would think that after 1,200 feet of either monofilament (cat-gut line) or the heavier Nylon fishing line....
Eventually just the weight of the line itself would cause the reel to continue to unwind and the fishing line to pile up in a heap at the bottom...

i am pretty sure that 'Mel' did not reel in or retrieve that 80,000 feet of line to even see if the line was wet or dirty

now lets calculate the spools he needed to have to get down some 2,6666666 yards...
WHOA 26666 yards now that signals to me the term Hoax !
~even using 10 lb test plastic line, 1,000 Yd spools would require Mel to acquire 2600 spools at some 'discount price'...it would take a small fortune to sink a van full of fishing line spools down a hole
edit on 17-11-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I would think that lowering a weight in open air would be felt, and if it hit bottom, it would be felt.

80,000 feet is 26,666 yards. Fishing line comes in 2,360 yard spools for about $7, so he would need 12 spools, so around a $100 investment. This sounds reasonable.

However, without some group going out to confirm this hole, I find little reason to believe the tale.

No Mel has ever been found, and neither has any such hole.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
This is AWESOME I went to CWU and lived in Eburg for years and we NEVER heard of this crazy shiz or we would have definitely gone on some drunken expeditions to it!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Was Mel the same guy that heard machinery noises from underground?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm starting to believe that Mels Hole is one of those numerous Sink Hole's popping up all around the World.

top topics

join