It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you discovered there was life after death?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Having read the thread about life after death being proved by Quantum physics, I started thinking about what changes it would have on my own life, if suddenly life after death was confirmed.

I guess you would try to be a tad more pious, but thinking about it, I don't know if it would change life as we know it completely.

What say you fellow ATSers? Would it change your outlook on life?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It has changed me.

I'm not afraid of dying anymore, just worried about those that I would leave behind now.

In the last 9 months , my wife has lost her father,her aunt, and just the other day her uncle.
They were in there 60's and all of them do to various illnesses.

What has transpired in these 9 months made me a total believer in the afterlife.
The conversations, the dreams, all of it has been amazing.

Everything will be ok.

Peace,
K

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I have suffered loss this year. My Father-In-Law passed in late June. Then recently my son fell from quite a height whilst in work, but got away lightly.

Life does throw curve balls from time to time, but it's all part of life's journey.

I'm not afraid to die, I am not worried one bit, but thanks for the reassurance.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Fear of death, is i think probably the most successful brainwashing technique we have received in this realm.

It is a bit like fear of getting old, there is nothing we can do about it.

I like the saying in game of thrones, where arya stark goes to learn how to sword fight, and the teacher says.
Death is my god, and what do i say to death.

"not today death"

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Didn't really need quantum physics to tell me that.. always knew there was.. after my brother died a psychic toldme his unborn child would be born with a birth mark in her eye (among other things) and she was.. had 2 different colour.. you just can't guess that stuff.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Indisputable proof of a life after this one would almost certainly change the way most people behave I suspect. There is another question which I think if the answer were known would really change everything. Is it an afterlife in which (as those who believe tell us) all will answer to and be punished for their earthly transgressions. I often think that the idea of complete oblivion after death is more comforting than an afterlife of that sort. These thoughts usually occur to me when I hear those who believe claiming that their faith is a comfort to them, and make me think that those who don't believe should feel more comforted by the thought of nothingness after the end of the physical form.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
i,m on other page from kdog,i used to believe that after we died then that wasn,t it but i,m now on the side when u go then your gone.

think watching a documentary one night changed my view on things,some scientist said just think when you don,t remember dreaming,what was there from the moment you fell asleep till the moment you woke up? and the answer is nothing,not even awareness.

now if your brain is still active when your sleeping and you can wake up and remember nothing from you shutting your eyes till you open them then why should there be anything after you shut them for good?

what if its just the same,no awareness, no soul going to the afterlife,just nothing.it got me thinking to the point that i,m now swinging to the side of lights out and goodnight,thats it period.

edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Evening,

If I found out there was life after death it would probably be because I died...so it really wouldn't effect my life at all.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

In many ways that sounds blissful, in others asking what it's all about?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Eryiedes
Evening,

If I found out there was life after death it would probably be because I died...so it really wouldn't effect my life at all.

-Peace-

Good evening

Ha ha, indeed. I was pertaining to the fact that it was proved, prior to death, but that certainly made me laugh.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have had proof of life after death; as I've written here before, my father 'bonked' into my head at the moment of his death 20 miles away, declaring, 'WHEEEE, this is FUN!' And no, he didn't usually talk like that. He'd been in a coma for 10 days after a stroke and I'm sure the release from the physical body was quite a relief.

After months of soul-searching (heh), wondering whether I was crazy, hallucinating, wishful thinking and every other 'if' you can imagine, I finally decided he'd given me one helluva going away present.

As far as it changing things, no, not really. I'm not the most sinful person in the world and most of my 'sins' as the Catholic Church would define them, were committed quite some time ago, and I don't believe in sin in any event. There's bad things and violent behaviors, but not sin. More like long-term learning experiences, which is what I feel life on this planet is.

I *do* feel that I've been able to solve one of life's big puzzles, though, and that's a biggie for me. I like solving big puzzles...

As an atheist who feels they have proof of life after death, I think I'm in a pretty rare demographic

The most extraordinary part of this whole experience was that the entity or soul or spirit that hit my head and then went right through my skull had actual mass, it seemed to have the force of a small marble and sort of stunned me when it hit.

edit on 1517711pmSaturdayf17Sat, 16 Nov 2013 19:17:15 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: (no reason given)

edit on 5418711pmSaturdayf18Sat, 16 Nov 2013 19:18:54 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

I did die, had a massive heart attack on my bedroom floor, got up wandered around a bit, then came back into my body and fell down a spiral, then got spat out back into my bedroom.

It convinced me that no matter what we are energy, and although the body may die, the consciousness doesn't.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Interesting. May I volley w/a question? I dis-like answering a question w/a question, especially when I type w/each index finger. (even for big letters)

Do You know the game of Poker? How long would the game be fun if You knew Your cards, other player's cards and the cards that are to be dealt?
I'm certain the answer will reveal itself.

Perhaps that is why some folks fear death? That they will have to pay for their sins, and their worrying about dying, takes them from living. How long can One stew? I drove My car through a tree and "died" in 1995 and in 2004 I moved 3,000 miles away from family and friends because of 2 different cancers. Now I AM in perfect health and no more PTSD, no more cancers (one skin and one on lungs due to meth labs pre OSHA)

namaste

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

iamea

I did die, had a massive heart attack on my bedroom floor, got up wandered around a bit, then came back into my body and fell down a spiral, then got spat out back into my bedroom.

It convinced me that no matter what we are energy, and although the body may die, the consciousness doesn't.

So why did your consciousness only exist from the time of your birth on earth? If it did before, why do you not recall it? And where was it for the billions of years before being born?

And why, if you were to suffer massive brain trauma, would your consciousness change into someone else? You could quite simply be a foreigner to everyone you know and love.

... I don't know what happened to you or the countless others who claim this. But I have my ideas. And they involve a little molecule.

Perform a frontal lobotomy. Tell me you are the same person. This a mild change compared to the cessation of the functioning of your entire body and brain. It is entirely impossible for me to believe that you, as YOU, continue after death.

You simply had a 'dream'. The brain is an amazing story teller. Because we are brilliant listeners.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

iamea

I am leaning towards the "hypoxia" explaination myself.
I am sure once the brain begins to rot, your conciousness has long fled the scene of the crime.
Don't get me wrong, I am not going to flat out deny what you went through, because I wasn't there.
I am suggesting there's a far better explaination for it and "god" isn't it.

-Peace-

edit on 17-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

aha, well I did not continue as the person I was before this experience.

It is possible that this experience was merely the death of the ego, and the realization that We are not our bodies.

The healing that came from this experience was really huge, I learned from this experience to love it all, good/bad.

new topics

top topics

join