It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway discussion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Over the past few years, western mainstream media has put out a string of, to me, very unusual stories about unusual events in Norway. This morning I read another one and thought I would start a thread and ask ATSers if you all see some sort of relationship (hidden) between these events. Do these events seem normal? There also seems to be, to me, some sort of progression in these events - a sort of larger than life intimidation directed at Norway in order to get Norway to act in a certain way.

Here are the stories that struck me in chronological order:

A "Nobel Torsion Message" Over Norway?

On the eve of the President of the United States, Barack Obama, receiving the Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo, Norway ... a remarkable, almost unbelievable appartition appeared over Norway's northern skies--

According to early news reports coming out of Norway, just hours ago ... a vast, rapidly expanding "spiral" suddenly appeared in the pre-dawn skies over its northern-most town, a fishing center called "Tromso" (above). Moments later, a corkscrewing "blue beam" seemed to emmanate from the exact center of the spiral toward the ground .... Then, as rapidly as this "glowing spiral" and central "beam" appeared ... the bright core of this rapidly rotating spiral abruptly disappeared ... to be immediately replaced by what could only be described as -- A pitch black, rapidly enlarging circle (below) -- looking eerily like "an expanding black hole ..."

Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

OSLO — The announcement drew gasps of surprise and cries of too much, too soon. Yet President Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday because the judges found his promise of disarmament and diplomacy too good to ignore.

At Least 80 Dead in Norway Shooting

OSLO — A lone political extremist bombed the government center here on Friday, killing 7 people, the police said, before heading to an island summer camp for young members of the governing Labor Party and killing at least 80 people.

This is the story I read today which prompted this thread:

Bill Gates to Oil-Rich Norway: Don't Be Stingy, Help Fix Sub-Saharan Africa

Microsoft cofounder and philanthropist Bill Gates wants Norway to use its massive $800 billion oil fund to invest in the infrastructure of sub-Saharan Africa and Asia, bringing rails, roads, and power to developing regions.

According to Reuters, the Scandinavian nation's considerable oil income—which has become the world's biggest wealth fund—has been amassed through saving surplus oil revenues and spending only its returns. As a result, the country of 5.1 million people will see its funds exceed $1 trillion in this decade.

Norway had a change of government in the past few months and that explains why Gates had to go there and re-negotiate (for vaccine money). Norway has also consistently and firmly refused EU membership and because of that, some say, has flourished.

There are other stories which I won't put up here except to just mention that Norway is rich in some substances that today's advanced technologies think they require.

There's not a lot of speculation I can add and I'm hoping that the substantial intellectual and international community of ATS will enlighten me.

So basically: do you see a push by the Powers That Be toward Norway?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm not convinced. The majority of TPTB can now be found in China.

Although the activity in Norway could potentially be related to the 'Viking apocalypse horn' being blown?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

We have a bad ass storm going on here, other than that, business as usual.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The shooting of the children of the political elite of Norway at the island resort occurred shortly after Norway had voted at the UN to recognize a Palestinian State. It was punishment. Breivik was a Golum.

obama's Peace Prize is so ridiculous, it is difficult to interpret why it was made.

The "Nominators" for the Peace prize are different than the committee:
These nominators are:

Members of national assemblies and governments and members of the Inter-Parliamentary Union
Members of the Permanent Court of Arbitration and the International Court of Justice at the Hague
Members of Institut de Droit International
University professors of history, social sciences, philosophy, law and theology, university presidents and directors of peace research and international affairs institutes
Former recipients, including board members of organizations that have previously received the prize
Present and past members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee
Former permanent advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Institute

edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

Breivik had planned that for years, it had nothing to do With any political issue at that time.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Cobaltic1978
I'm not convinced. The majority of TPTB can now be found in China.

Although the activity in Norway could potentially be related to the 'Viking apocalypse horn' being blown?

I had a dream some years ago wherein there was to be a transition to a different vibration for the world. All nations and cultures were invited to a poetry contest. Each nation recited its' poetry and was judged as to how it would be included within the new vibration. An Asian country was not invited to read at all.

Are you saying that there is a karmic (viking) element to these events unrelated to TPTB goals?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

Thank you, Tusks, for your reply. Had no idea, really, of the international diversity involved in selecting the Peace Prize recipients. A glimmer of understanding begins to dawn. The intimidating spiral could then have been just to silence objection and present a unified front where there may not have been one.

On the Palestinian question...the targeting and killing of children - the horror of it...it just seems like more was involved. I realize that a message of "we'll get you where it hurts the most" was sent. But, as a retaliation, it just seems overboard particularly since the deed was already done (recognition of Palestine). Unless there was a threat beforehand and this was just the fulfillment.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Norway is a very special nation of great geographical and historical significance. One of the last few bastions of freedom, and there are many who would like to see that change. Neutrality poses a threat to those who would prefer they were more easily corrupted. They have been getting rather greedy in the last few years, and that is not a good sign.

I doubt TPTB wants them to ever become fully autonomous. Case in point, there is a large shipment of munitions on fire as we speak in the north sea.

gcaptain.com...

Just an accident, like so many maritime accidents involving weaponry of late.

AX
FTNWO

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Another issue is the seed-vault being set up on the island of Svalbard, also named "doom"-vault by many conspirators. Why was Norway, Svalbard chosen for this? I know many says its the climate in Svalbard, makes the vault works in perfect condition. Still...I dont know if I really believe this...there is something more...

Look at the violence, crime and robbery within Oslo, capital city of Norway. It has exploded the last months...
Most of these crimes are done by illigal immigrants...often caught with fake ID`s. Now as today, Oslo is the most unsafe city in Scandinavia, even surpass Stockholm and Copenhagen. And why did crime explode, just after the newly elected government came to be.

And why is Norway the number 1 country in Europe to implement EU regulations, even tho its citizens has turned down elections of Norway being a member of EU. Yes, this is true. I kid you not...

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaExray

Thank you for your enlightening reply. I know very little about Norway and that is what prompted this thread. I thought I saw a country fighting for its' autonomy against a global conglomerate. I know a little bit about freedom because I am an American. And so because, we, in America, the small persons, fight against the dying light, it becomes easier to recognize someone else fighting against the same thing.

I'm with you...on the "accident". In this current world - I find it hard to believe in coincidence or accident.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaExray

Neutrality poses a threat to those who would prefer they were more easily corrupted. They have been getting rather greedy in the last few years, and that is not a good sign.

I`m not sure what you mean by neutrality. Norway is a member of NATO, and one of US closest allies...

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CryonicAngel

Thank you, CryonicAngel, for your contribution to this thread. Unfortunately, or fortunately, in putting up this thread, I had no agenda other than seeking information and input from the ATS community. This you have supplied and opened the door to understanding.

Had completely forgotten about the seed vault. Perhaps in quantum computing a model exists wherein Norway will survive coming upheavals...and that leads to your bringing up the immigration question.

There was some humanitarian furor over Norway accepting immigrants. This sort of media convicting has gone on in a number of countries for a number of different reasons. Each accused of crimes that exist only in the media.

"The Powers That Be" are composed of criminal elements with self-serving motivations. An influx of these elements to a geographical location deemed survivable would explain exploding crime.

Clearly, electronic voting (the EU question), has not yet hit Norway.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Ivar_Karlsen

We have a bad ass storm going on here, other than that, business as usual.

Didn't mean to ignore your reply...was just blown away by the responses in this thread. More than I had hoped for and an affirmation of my continued loyalty to ATS.

So...business as usual...bad for the small persons (me) and good for "The Powers That Be."

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Thank you, Luxordelphi, for putting up this thread. Myself, I am living in Norway, born and raised...So I hope to state some understanding what maybe going on in this beautiful country. If you have some questions I hope I can provide it for you.

Your last statement about electronic voting, is correct. We still vote "the old fashion" way, but there has been discussion about to wether or not to use electronic voting, in some degree, in elections to come. Or atleast to try it out in some communities...Myself, I hope that day never comes...

I know that outside media was abit hard on norwegians, after last government election. I even read some articles about "how norwegians could elect a party(Progression party), the very party Anders B. Breivik, was a member of." When i read those articles, I saw how manipulative and twisted media can make the truth to public...

Most conspiracies comes from the US, big or small
We do have some even in this small country, I hope I can make a thread about one or two of the biggest conspiracies, some day in the future...

My english isnt perfect, but I hope I make myself reasonable understandable.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
the oil fund is but a trickle in global finances. it is money to spend which is rare.
they are investing it for norways benefit and abroad, green projects and poorer countries.
that might change and they might spend more at home.
in a way they serve as a good model that the west works, self sustaining, good living, good education, fair.
they are trying to position themselves away from the oil which is smart.
they need to keep learning from the wests mistakes such as laziness with over production, greed and waste.
very safe environment for the kids. Money can buy these things but they also have it in their culture.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I have some questions but before I get into those let me just loosely (very very loosely) quote Dylan Thomas and advise you and yours to "rage, rage against the dying of the light" when it comes to electronic voting. Electronic voting has ruined America. Our "elected" officials are no longer elected by us, the American population. The are "elected" by "The Powers That Be". With horrific consequences.

Second, before my questions, your English is so good that it puts ours to shame. I applaud you for your English because without your conscientiousness in this, I would be unable to learn from you about Norway. I look forward to your threads and hope that you will send me a private message at their start so that I may be alerted to join in the discussion.

Here, then, are my questions:

1. Why do you suppose that other countries in the world don't come to Norway asking for mentorship in how to be fiscally responsible?

2. What does the new government mean as far as ecological concerns?

3. Do you feel that membership in the EU, or not, is the basis for contentious global media articles about Norway?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by guidetube

Thank you, guidetube, for your contribution. Please accept my continued appreciation for my education within this thread...though not unfamiliar with Norland hopes and wishes; sometimes lacking in on the ground perceptions.

You've struck at the heart of what attacks by "The Powers That Be" would take against Norway.

very safe environment for the kids. Money can buy these things but they also have it in their culture.

Airspace laws, nascent, regarding drones. Drone laws, nascent, regarding hobbyists. Sleepers, like Breivik, long on planning and short on execution. Not really sustainable. Immigrant drone hobbyists - something to question.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Interesting questions. I will try to answer best I can, but remember this is from my point of view

1. By definition of fiscally responsible: Fiscal means financial or pertaining to the treasury or revenue parts of the government. Responsibility is having a legal or moral obligation to or being accountable for something or someone.
I think Norway has some advantage then most countries, due to income from oil and naturalgas. During the economic crisis, still going strong, in EU, Norway was actually visited by both high officials and economic experts from different parts of Europe. They wanted to learn what the reason "why wasnt Norway that heavily affected by the crisis". So I believe atleast they tried to figure out why.
One answer to the why could be that the Norwegian government is committed to the 2001 guidelines for fiscal policy, and will pursue a prudent fiscal policy within the confines of fiscal policy guidelines, called the budgetary rule.
From wikipedia:

The rule states that a maximum of 4% of the fund's value should be allocated to the yearly government budget. Disregarding the future petroleum income, the fund will still remain an important budgetary source of revenue. As of today, with the value of the pension fund increasing every year, the rule will secure even better conditions for today's and future generations. A broad majority of the political parties in Norway have agreed to comply with this fixed percentual usage. The rule was partially intended to avoid a state of "Dutch disease".

Norway doesnt have any foreign debt, and the fact that the Oil fund, as today, is that high, have a look(its in norwegian) link, makes its unique position in the world. (1US$=6,15NOK(norwegian kroner))

2. I believe that there will not be many(maybe some small) changes in the policies regarding climate and the environment, by the new government. If they did, I think the outside and ofcourse opponents inside norwegian politics, would protest and kinda put them in a bad spotlight. And from the bugdet for 2014, I dont see any big difference anyhow. Atleast from what I have read so far( budget was done yesterday)

3. Both yes and no. This topic is a topic I believe could be a conspiracy. We all know not to trust the MSM, but the fact remains that as I stated before, in previous replypost. Norway is nr 1 country in Europe to implement EU regulations, even tho we are not a member of EU! I believe Norway is being "groomed" for membership, wether we like it or not. Unfortunately...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I have learned a lot from you and the other posters in this thread. In recent years I have had the good fortune to speak with many people suffering in one way or another from EU rules. Each of our countries is so charmingly different but the EU, somehow, it seems to me, wants to make us all the same. The price fixing and mandates to farmers on what to grow and what is forbidden and the required use of gmo and the black markets that spring up when prices are fixed are the complaints I hear the most.

Some countries have joined the EU, it seems, for safety...so that history will not repeat and so that there will be an acknowledged alliance with the west. Kind of like a necessary evil.

I had to look up the "Dutch Disease" and I understand now about the relentless outsourcing practiced by the UK.

Thank you for your participation in this discussion. Looking forward to your threads and to hearing about how Norway continues to sail in murky waters.

top topics

join