It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poisoning the Future: "Epa Will Use Poor Kids As Guinea Pigs" (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The EPA wishes to conduct a study entitled, Children�s Environmental Exposure Research Study--which involves using known toxic chemicals that can cause long term damage--on babies on up to 3 year olds, recruiting from health clinics and hospitals from Jacksonville, FL and apparently from low income families.

www.organicconsumers.org
For taking part in these studies, each family will receive $970, a free video camera, a T-shirt, and a framed certificate of appreciation.

In October, the EPA received $2.1 million to do the study from the American Chemistry Council, a chemical industry front group that includes members such as Dow, Exxon, and Monsanto (see full list of members on sidebar of this page). Critics of the research, including some EPA scientists, claim the study's funders guarantee the results will be biased in favor of the chemical industry, at the expense of the health of the impoverished children serving as test subjects.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't understand why it would be necessary to test known harmful chemicals upon children. Muchless picking that particular part of the country, which makes me wonder if the EPA would had even thought to recruit from a pre-dominately white, upper-class city.

And what also confuses me is why a story such as this has to be found on a website, instead of being plastered on the front page of newspapers or being a topstory on news channels.

Something such as this reminds me of the syphilis experiments done on black soldiers from 1932 to 1972. The government hasn't hesitated to commit such atrocities upon the less important minorities, why would a government agency hesitate today?...

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It was a proposed study and has been suspended:
newstandardnews.net...

Horrible idea. I'm glad it's not going through.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
I don't understand why it would be necessary to test known harmful chemicals upon children.

Known harmful chemicals I can't answer. However this from of comensation is normal for the parent's willingness to use their child (often 18 months and under) for controled substance product testing. There are groups within drug companies that actually go out and tempt these obviously twisted parents to fill their quota for the 'studies'.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
newstandardnews.net...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
newstandardnews.net...

Suspended until early 2005...

new topics

top topics

join