It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uninvited Home Entry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by colddeadhands

Because he kicked the door in holding a loaded, (with one in the chamber) Mossberg Shotgun. That was a sure give away he was'nt there to share joyful stories of our youth. You violate my abode, you suffer the consequences. Waiting to assertain WHY the person has entered your home un-invited can and will get you harmed or killed. Giving the advice your giving is gonna get some innocent home owner hurt. Call 911 and protect yourself & your family. A ruse is a ruse, knocking on a door and asking for help is one of the oldest ruse's in the book. I'll stick with the shoot first mentality, it works for me. The opinion I have of myself is no more different than the one you have for yourself. Difference being.... been there, done that.
edit on 16-11-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I agree 100% totally. protecting yourself is what is the most important thing.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by eManym

It is a reaction moment and non of us know what we are going to do, training and rational as well as reason and logic fly out of the window, not the same situation but as example of training and common sense flying out the door is a situation I was in many years ago, at the time I was working in retail security and would always give them the choice to pay but one day I had a heroin addict whom I later found had been on a conditional release from prison for an armed robbery against a cash delivery van, He had stacked a large bag with a lot of latest release console games and I apprehended him at the exit to the store, he then pulled a knife on my and slashed at my stomach which I dodged but though my training (in the uk security are not rent a cops and are not insured to put themselves in danger) told me to let it go and simply gather intel for the police as the insurance would cover it I lost my reason but moreover I felt he was a danger to the public and took off after the guy, as a result he was nearly killed running in front of an express train trying to get away from me.
So if someone came into my house I would defend it and more my family but the level of force I would hope would be reasonable (you kill only when and if you fear for your life or someone elses life, you restrain if safe to do so but more over if not one is on danger you simply leave it to the police though from what I have read it sounds as if in the states the intruder would be shot anyway, still if he was ranting and raving I would suspect a mental problem such as paranoid schizophrenia.).

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Don't open the door if you don't know who it is.

Shout through the door (the person will hear you).

Call the police if you aren't satisfied, or if the person says they need help (even if they want someone besides the popo.)

play zone defense. Train your children to get out of the area, so they are not underfoot if there is trouble. IF you do open the door, have someone behind you that is trustworthy with a weapon if need be. Do not open the door at all if you are alone, regardless of how safe you feel.

But, don't open the door. There really is no reason to. You can call them a cab, an ambulance or a cop without opening the door. The more they ask you to, the more danger you are in.

On the other hand, DO speak to them, by shouting through the door or using an intercom. DO NOT let them think the home is unoccupied-- they may try to break in if they think no one is home.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

LABTECH767
reply to post by eManym

It is a reaction moment and non of us know what we are going to do, training and rational as well as reason and logic fly out of the window,...

Actually, you're training doesn't completely leave---but you regress down to the point at which you last had total mastery.

I was the victim of a home invasion. I didn't completely lose it, but I did revert to the last part I remember.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

eManym
If someone entered you house ranting, and speaking incoherently. What would be your response? Deploy the weapon and shoot to kill? Find out what the commotion was about? What would you do?
edit on 16-11-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

this did actually happen to me and my ex and daughter back in the 90's !!

a friend of my ex's family, who was seriously mentally ill, had shouldered the door in and made himself at home. My ex (wife at the time), mentioned as we drove up to the apt said.."odd I don't remember pulling the drapes.." As we pulled in I noticed the living room light wasn't on but thought it had burned out..

As I turned back to get the other car seat, I remembered it was back at grandma's house so I said.. "let me go get it.." Dropped them off and then when I got to their house which was 5 mins away .. or less, thank God!, as I walked in and grabbed the car seat grandma said..

"WHAT~!!!!......get the frack out of there.. .NOW" over the phone.. and then said.. get over to the apt... Tracie is there ...he shouldered in the door .. !!"

This mentally ill person has always had a thing for my wife, and attempted to rape her before we knew each other and if it wasn't for her dog snarling in his face centimeters from shear death, he would have. He is/was 6'6" 278lbs of shear muscle ..

I jump out of the car and the front door was open and there he sat on my couch .. and said.. "Hi (my name") the door was open so I walked in and used your razor and had a bite to eat..."

I told him he wasn't welcomed and told him the cops were on their way .. which they weren't but wanted him out of the house, he left .... THEN i called the cops

and no i didn't have a hand gun but I knew where the chef knives were
and was backing up into the kitchen as I was talking to him ..

For the all the bad cops out there these days, I will have to say that this is one time the response time and shear attitude to to keep the public safe shined like the sun at mid-day! I had closed the door behind him and put a chair under the door knob .. seconds later .. no less than a minute, staying on the phone with 911, said there's a officer at the door .. as I opened the door, an officer stand beside the building, peeking their head out a bit said" are you ok .." I replied yes.. and looked that parking lot to which I saw no less than 5 cops at a mere glance, 2 on either side of the hedge and a cop car with 3 others behind that .. no sirens were ever on.

there were another 4 on either side of the building ready to take down after she gave the all clear ..

edit on 24-11-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Here in Texas we call that "Suicide by breaking and entering"

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

muse7
Here in Texas we call that "Suicide by breaking and entering"

I can tell you for sure ..

that if I had a gun that night, and he made a move at any one of us.. I would have emptied my clip right there.. at 6'6" and big as Hulk Hogan himself.. a force to be reckoned with..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join