It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Caesars Commercial and the Attitude that is Strangling America.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
No offense to this thread but who in their right mind uploads a LC commercial to You Tube?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

pavil
No offense to this thread but who in their right mind uploads a LC commercial to You Tube?

People upload EVERYTHING to the Youtubes. Period.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Wow... the punchline SHOULD have been something like: Dare To Think For YOURSELF, followed by the guy saying, "I'm gonna have a sub sandwich. You're welcome to join me... Just you, honey... not the rude neighbors."

Have advertisers forgotten the way to REALLY have your product noticed, is to step outside of the box AND relate to potential customers in a way that makes them feel GOOD about themselves?

*scratches head in dismay*

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

perhaps it's just coincidence, but the comedian Bill Hicks had that same joke in his set around the mid-late 80s haha. I haven't watched broadcast-TV regularly since I was 14, and never looked back haha. And when I see this kind of crap, it's just too obvious that they are REALLY targeting that part of *most* folks which is insecure and looking for a part of the world to "OWN"..
I say that if a company needs to go into my house to try and tempt me.. chances are their product isn't very good or it would sell itself haha..

think about how many ma-and-pa businesses that survive (perhaps don't THRIVE..) without ANY advertising whatsoever.. I wonder if it's connected with the fact that most independent businesses take PRIDE in their product, instead of relying on knowledge of psychology and manipulating the masses haha..

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

DISRAELI
reply to post by intrepid

The word "owning", in the current slang usage, is attitude-revealing in itself.
Using the word in that sense means siding with the victor.

come one get past the semantics.

the issue is the attitude of many .. "I beat you, take that".. about as classless and poor sportsmanship type attitude.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

It was Bill Hicks not Peter Jospeh. Though I think Peter Joseph used Bill Hick's routine a couple of times in Zeitgeist.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Yeah, that commercial sickened me, I only watch TV maybe an hour per day with my dad during dinner time or the occasional football game but I'm more than aware of the dumbing down of society.
It's also horribly prevalent in every other form of media as well, even video games such as Call of Duty. Everyone wants to fit in and humans were engineered that way I think but it's not impossible to break away at least a bit.

In school I was an outcast, I opened my ears instead of my mouth and never had many friends or enemies, I saw how people would do anything to fit in including giving up their self esteem or money. Those kids grow up to be tools and never achieve true happiness no matter how successful they are.

Then you have people like me who are never going to be successful and will get let go for "insubordination" half a dozen times in their life just for not liking to be bossed around. I always think about how society would work if people just used their own opinions and spoke their mind more often even if it is unpopular. I was fired from my last job for saying that "I don't care about school shootings as they don't relate to my life and the media just glorifies the killer promoting future incidences." during a lunch break and everyone just gasped at me and called me a monster.

Nobody even considered what I had to say. I was just owned I guess. Well not anymore as I'm collecting unemployment from them and enjoying life again.

Thanks for posting this topic, I feel very strongly about this issue, I get reminded every Sunday that I'm horrible for not going to church even though I live in a small town so it's expected of me so I have a lot of time to dwell on it.

People need to question the why of it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join