It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone sold their soul to the devil? (some questions)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Who is the devil however? It could be any negative being/AI/black op/Et imperonating. We don't know. I imagine if there was a real general of the annanuki of that type, he'd be rounded up by now or hiding out somewhere trying to escape capture.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

And yes, Ronnie James Dio was a Satanist

It's all very well believing what you say because you said it but it just aint true , here it is from the man himself , like me he is a none believer.

Doesn't make much sense him worshipping Satan if he doesn't believe in him does it .

edit on 17-11-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

WII,

I understand you know more about the history of religions than the average ATS er" and when you write of that you are in you element. It's detrimental when you makes statements of people you know nothing about.This is not a personal attack .

I grew up in the LA rock scene.If there were any closet satanist in the rock n roll scene they were very,very clever about it because many of those guys (just like the average guy) was into rock n roll to get laid ...to get rich and be famous....period.If that took being a "devil worshiper"..no problem.It's show bizzness.

As for Dio he never said he was a satanist. His public views of God were not even as radical (or well thought out) as the resident atheist Afterinfnity and hes' about as evil as the feral cats in my backyard.

I'm a songwriter and I can guarantee you most "rock" lyricist are very poor writers and if there is anything "evil" in the lyrics it is how poorly they are written and sensationalism.Dio's most famous "evil" song Heaven and Hell could easily be a Christian rock song lyric.

Dios "devil horn" means about as much as the middle finger..someone holding up their IQ number.I can understand why many could be offended by his music(I think it is overwrought pedestrian drivel) and yes I'm sure there were some that"thought" he was the messenger of the "devil"...it wouldn't be the first time a fan "read" into a "performers performance and knew NOTHING about the performer.

I've seen the same type of "worship" of Christian metal pioneers Stryper up close (and I know them). I've been to a "christian rocker" church and it was essentially like a meat market pickup club (a place to hook up) with "God" as the marketing tool.That is a billion times more evil than Dio.

Is satanism real....yes to those that practice it.Is there power of "satan" in it ..absolutely none.To believe it has power over someone is to not know God at all.This is Gods universe...satan...the adversary is a pimple on a pimple of a fleas ass.It is those that "give" the adversary power by fear that cause the problems.Paul had a very simple solution..resist the adversary and it will flee.No holy water necessary or prayer chants or incantations of "in the name of".Of course easier said than done however 100% true.

As long as people give credence to the adversary it is alive and destructive.Yahoshua clearly stated the adversary has been defeated yet those who claim to know him are it's biggest proponents and are in fear of it and keep it "alive".In their mind there's a demon behind every innuendo that is causing Gods Kingdom to collapse .It's a modern day crucible witch hunt...and to those that believe in it..it is true.

The fear of the monster under the bed is real but the monster isn't.I know this very well first hand and know this to be true.Those who want to believe in satan or "Satan" in any form.. will ...however it will be a very unpleasant outcome.

The OP will make a choice (and already has) and I guarantee it was a bad choice to even let the monster into the room.It doesn't go as easily as it comes.Is it real..yes..it will be VERY real to them...however the reality is God is the one in control but a man is accountable for the choices they make..If they choose to stick their hand in a fire they will be accountable for that choice and get burned and it will be proof that they are a colossal fool.

edit on 17-11-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Srsly, y'all need to do your research; there is no 'selling' of one's soul to Satan (I suppose you can try, but would look like a damn fool) - the very concept is a folk-tale, and has little basis is reality. The idea of selling one's soul comes from the myth that the incarnation one is living is but the single incarnation to be enjoyed by the soul (a Christian myth).

According to the Christian doctrine, most souls are destined to lives of general suffering (think Buddhism), and mitigation of this suffering is only administered within the possibility of but two avenues: the gateway of Christ (really, consisting more of the idea that, "Life sucks, but I'll bear the grudge anyway [yet sin like the Devil himself], cuz Jesus suffered at Golgotha WAY more than I can even imagine . . . but nonetheless, he did it for ME . . .); the other avenue being the shadowy, dark alley of the Devil (but to make this possibility of experience even remotely worthwhile, one must 'make a deal' with the High Prince . . . that is to say, most of us are going to Hell anyway, but if you want to make your ONE incarnation pleasurale and memorable, you could very well offer your god-given soul as a bargaining chip in service of the Lord of the Earth that He/She/It may take look with favor upon you, and at very least, make this temporal existance enjoyable, for an eternity in tormet but awaits). I really can't express the targeted subjective dialogue clearer than this, yet it remains central to modern, as well as historical, Christian doctrine (yes, both Catholic and Protestant).

Perhaps the truth remains expressed thus: that there may very likely be many incarnations of the 'soul expression' - that reincarnation is a real possibility. Even an hundred years ago, the proclamation of such an idea was subject to not only ridicule, but to very real physical threats (Hell, the racist jerk-offs where I live still have more of a good time beating people up because of the color of their skin rather than because of a person's beliefs). THIS IS NOT RIGHT! I digress. Reincarnation yet remains an avenue of possibility, and by its concept alone, divorces its integration from within Chrisian doctrine (this is why reincarnation has been disavowed by both Catholic and Protestant denominations - it uncovers a veil central to the perpetuation of the False Myth). However, the VERY concept that one's immortal soul could be haggled away in exchance for temporal material comfort is but a fantasy of Judeo-Christian propaganda. Again, do your research, cuz ATS ain't the place to be seeking qualified answers for metaphysical questions (wait, then why did I spend the time writing these three paragraphs that no one will read?!)

xox,
-kissy

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The great blues guitarist Robert Johnson went to a crossroads at midnight and was said to have sold his soul to the devil. He was gone for 1 year. When he returned...he had gone from a terribly untalented player and singer to a great King of the Delta Blues, and a phenomenal one-of-a-kind blues artist.

Within 2 years, he was dead on stage after taking a drink. Its believed the bar owner poisoned his drink when he learned Robert was having an affair with his wife.

For those 2 years...he became a legend, but was dead at 27 .*(ie: Hendrix-27, Joplin-27, Morrison-27).
The devil always comes to collect his due. Always.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Ay bro - listen to Dio's, 'Sacred Heart,' and then tell me that this he is in league with the forces of evil. I want you to look up the lyrics to this song as you listen. Please get back to me. Here's some help:

grooveshark.com...#!/album/The+Very+Beast+Of+Dio/2360353

xox

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Satan is God's adversary, not mine.

If I work with Satan then he/it is an ally.

Why would anyone choose Satan? Choosing God and God based spiritual ity didn't give the intended results. I don't want to be "one" with God. I have my own goals and desires in life and having them fulfilled brings personal happiness, not some "God" manipulating circumstances to control me.

If Satan Is the adversary to God who controls and eventuallyforce people to "oneness" with him, then Satan is a protector of Truth and Freedom, a Renegade against the controling one.

Satan does not force people to lower themselves like slaves as god does, working with Satan can bring Spirits.

Satan makes himself known yet hardly anyone sees God, yet they need to just have "faith".

If spiritual stuff happens, ill know Satan is there for me making himself known, unlike "God" who hides and secretly controls.

edit on 18-11-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you don't want to 'serve others', why ask if you can sell your soul to serve a fictional entity? That's a bit of a contradiction.
If you think inside any doctrine, you will end up with a dichotomy, so why the persistence to remain inside a Christian framework if you feel it doesn't suit you?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Go to a crossroads and play the fiddle.

Or Don't.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

Being under Satan means protected against God.

God controls but Satan sets you free.

This has nothing to do with Christianity. Many religions believe in God (s) and Devil (s), a force called "good" while the other labelled "evil"

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I hate to break it to you

There is no Satan
and there is no God

Its made up.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Good v. evil perhaps, but Satan is a specifically Christian concept.
I always understood 'selling your soul' to be a metaphor for worshipping the material over the spiritual: it's not literal!

I think that maybe, just maybe, you have a mischievous sense of humour!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Oh no! Look, you were right!

Apparently a company included a clause hidden in the small print which granted them the rights to their customers' soul. Check the small print

Looks like I need to rethink my entire philosophy!
edit on 18-11-2013 by beansidhe because: Why not?

edit on 18-11-2013 by beansidhe because: apostrophe catastrophe

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

Rex,

Sorry this is so late in reply. I don't know where everyone on ATS lives, but I live in Indiana and a tornado went through my town. Pray for those others who live in places that were struck with more damage. I live near Kokomo, but I am safe, my town was not hit as severely. But maybe a lot of ATSers were impacted, so let's remember them today.

But on topic

You and I both know that whatever one lends their members to, that is the master over them. Now whether or not there is a being called Satan as pop culture has defined, there are those who worship that pop culture icon.

But at the same time, there are people who are calling on an entity from the dark energy or force, whatever you want to call it, with the theatrics and everything included. But no one can say there has not been an influence of this music on people who would rather choose to embrace the message of the messenger. Whether or not Dio claimed to be a Satanist, doesn't really matter in the big picture, it is what people believed in the messages Dio represented. And you could not say Dio was a Christian by any means, but he did represent something that had meaning to people.

I do believe Richard Ramirez claimed some sort of affiliation with Satanism, but it was some form from Mexico. As theatrical as his trial was, with a lot of charges of Satanism, he really played it up. And he claimed to have gotten his inspiration from AC/DC and Night Stalker, which is the name he seemed to identity with himself. So it's more than just listening to music, it's how one allows the music to influence them.

I listen to all kinds of music, I have edited short films, so I know how music influences people's emotions in a film, and it does cause an emotional reaction. And isn't that what rock concerts do, they "pump people up"? But in that pumping up, aren't they doing this to get people to a state of mind that the spiritual effect takes place?

One cannot say that if you listen to Binaural rhythms, and it is designed to cause an effect, then dismiss all other types of music as having the same effect. Theatrics aside, your emotions are evoked through music. You are a musician, you know this.

I am a filmmaker, I know this as well. But we can't say we have no impact whatsoever on a spiritual level, because we do. Music is a spiritual tool and has a spiritual impact. I know the impact my short film had on people, I won a film festival award for a four minute, MOS, short, that people still comment to me today about, because it made them think. But the music told the story, along with the visuals. I know that I must be careful in the message that I am delivering, because film and music do reach into a deep spiritual place. That's why people cry at Ol' Yeller.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

No arpgme, Satan is nowhere in the Bible called the adversary of God. In fact, Jesus said "Your adversary, the Devil". Satan is not the adversary of God, because God kicked him out.

But Jesus also called Peter as Satan, then said Judas had Satan in him, and to go do what he had to do. If you want to appeal to Christian scripture to make your argument from, then know what Christian scripture says. And we see many instances in the Bible, which is Judaic to begin with, understand that Satan is used as a metaphor in some places, but a very real entity in others. Job records an incident with an evil entity. Even Saul, had David play music, because he was being provoked by an evil spirit. Then Saul goes to the witch of Endor to have her raise up Samuel to know the outcome of the battle.

So if the concept of raising people forth is older than Christianity, then you can't accuse Christians of making this up. You can when it comes to the Medieval image of the red suited, pitchfork waving, horned being. But even the horned image is older than Christianity.

One should not think that the belief in evil entities began with Christianity, as Zoroastrianism also had it in the Avestas, and the Asuras of Hinduism are older as well. Demons in Hinduism

Call them mythical if you wish, but consider this, worship of these beings, or entities, have been around longer than the Christian naming of Satan. But we didn't invent the concept of evil beings.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
arpgme
reply to post by vethumanbeing

arpgme
I don't believe in the red god with horns, either - satan / pan.
My soul really loves the idea of freedom and learning so maybe I am more luciferian in nature. People tell me there is something dark, but it seems enlightening and very familiar. I saw him in a dream. It was a land where nature and technology blends .

He was angelic (wings?) and was a renegade that was denounced for his disobeyance of protocal (Im doing this 'giving freewill to the human' without authority or a boardroom meeting). Your soul resonates with the 'freedom giver' and Lucifer has gotten such a bad rap; he is not Satan and hates being aligned with such; "Water/air born diseased piece of amoebic scum" Lucifer is more an 'uptown guy' Satan lives in the gutters with the rats. There is nothing 'dark' about Lucifer, his name means "The EnLIGHTener". Why and who has the power to mesmerize the human to believe differently is certainly a good manipulator of false thoughts; why that would be the human. Not that any of these beings are real anyway (in a physical in your face sense). I find it odd that fairy tales can be percieved as real, because if enough believe them they will "POP" into existance (not only within our consciousness) but become actual entities. Never talked to Satan (its a coward) so he's still a scribble on someones stage play script as far as Im concerned.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
mysterioustranger
reply to post by arpgme

mysterioustranger
The great blues guitarist Robert Johnson went to a crossroads at midnight and was said to have sold his soul to the devil. He was gone for 1 year. When he returned...he had gone from a terribly untalented player and singer to a great King of the Delta Blues, and a phenomenal one-of-a-kind blues artist.
Within 2 years, he was dead on stage after taking a drink. Its believed the bar owner poisoned his drink when he learned Robert was having an affair with his wife.
For those 2 years...he became a legend, but was dead at 27 .*(ie: Hendrix-27, Joplin-27, Morrison-27).
The devil always comes to collect his due. Always.

You forgot about Hank Williams Senior. Rose to fame lightning strike wise, was a heroin addict, died at 29 from an overdose; Roy Orbison, sacrificed his twin boys in a house fire in Vegas to acheive fame, died in his 50s? of drug addiction and alcohol. He had an eye problem as well MD? Finally, Elvis; and every philanthropic deed he did to help communities (THESE WERE HUGE GESTURES of generosity) could not get him out of his contract with the devil. Hed probably wished not having died on his toilet throne full of drugs. OH heres another: Michael Jackson, TIMES UP!; forgot the contract ended when he turned 50 (and just restarting his career from being a shop-aholic to creating dance move and music greatness).
edit on 18-11-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Oh God how pathetic.. (eyeroll).

It's not worth it. We are here for but a moment, heaven or hell are forever. Are you willing to trade worldly riches now for eternal darkness, you can't be serious.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
AthlonSavage

AthlonSavage
I hate to break it to you
There is no Satan
and there is no God
Its made up.

I want to enlighten you in the way you say
Is your truth; and not asuaged
Your truth is a distance noted regailed
Satan a thoughtform only imagined

God (as human) allows all things
Including ideas of selfdome/diety
What else Is there to be remembered
(A God forgotten by my own SELVES born).

edit on 18-11-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I want to enlighten you in the way you say
Is your truth; and not asuaged
Your truth is a distance noted regailed
Satan a thoughtform only imagined

God (as human) allows all things
Including ideas of selfdome/diety
What else Is there to be remembered
(A God forgotten by my own SELVES born).

Jesus wept because he realised there was no God.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join