It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Collect .....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I collect a bit too much of everything....

favourites are late 80's /early 90's ford rangers (jacked up or lowered but most are not running), , high end bellydance costumes, boots (sexy and fugly) , craft supplies or anything shiny.

And plants to the extent I bring them home preferably not flowering and hide them in the landscape for future surprise effect on others and much less guilt on my part

And as much glorious poultry as my neighbours can stand.

Oh and very large rocks... have three huge basalt columns laying about in the front yard awaiting a light gravity day to be positioned upright.

Love collecting stuff.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I collect stone balls & pyramids.....and vintage calculators.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have hoarder genes so try to control my collecting, but I collect pencils, sea glass, and since I am a quilter - of course I collect fabric - I have boxes and boxes of fabric.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I collect jars, little jars for salves and salts and other goodies and mason jars for canning. I was given some antique mason jars this summer. Some with the glass flip top lids, some regular style, some blue. They all have the distortions and big air bubbles that you see in old glass. Those imperfections weaken the glass though so none of them will ever see the pressure cooker. Instead they hold dried herbs and dehydrated veggies and fruits.

I also collect rocks of all kinds. My favorites are my amethyst clusters. I used to collect frogs too. I still have them, but really haven't sought any out in a long time.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I collect bears. Old teddy bears and also old clockwork ones. I just like them. There are dozens of bears sitting in the living room -- they have two chairs for themselves -- and they like to watch TV (even when it's swtiched off). The mechanical ones lurk in the display cabinets and at least a couple of times a year I wind them all up and them them run awhile to keep the mechanisms in oder.

The bed in the spare bedroom is also covered in bears and there are a couple that sleep in the main bed all the time as well.

The only problem is when I leave any chocolate lying around. It always gets eaten and as I couldn't be that greedy, it must be the bears that ate it all!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
So I got an early Christmas gift from my husband. It's a large pin collectors case.
It's red mahogany wood with a pretty glass door. On sale from $120 to $50. (Yes, I checked)
I"m putting all my pins in it .... even my military pins and ribbons. And I have
enough room in it that I can put my husbands military pins and ribbons as well.
(I was Army, and he was Airforce).

I"m happy.

My next pins .. I want to add some Dr. Who pins if I can find them.
Daleks ... maybe a U.N.I.T. pin ....
Perhaps at Comic-con next summer I'll find some.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I love seeing what people collect!!

My Nana collected pins as well. My mom has most of them. I have a few of hers as well. She also made pins. She was an artist and painted pins. They were scenes of flowers, houses or whatever she wanted to paint on it.

I was told that back in the day companies handed out pins for advertising. One of the bookstores I go to has a big pin collection and the owner is the one who told me that about businesses and pins. Not sure if it's true but it was interesting.

What do I collect?

I collect Eiffel Towers or anything from France. I have been slightly
obsessed with France since I was little. No idea why or where it comes from. I"m convinced I was French in a past life, makes sense. lol My bedroom is European in theme, mostly French and so is my bathroom. The Eiffel Towers are subtle. I don't like in your face collections. Everyone knows i collect Eiffel Towers and I have so many from people all over. I have had people I haven't seen or talked to in years send me stuff. A teacher I worked with over 10yrs ago gave my mom an Eiffel Tower she found and thought of me. I hadn't seen this woman in almost 10yrs. I thought it was sweet she still thought of me. I know where each one came from and from who.

I love journals or decorative/fancy notebooks. I have a ton and honestly half have never been written in.

I also collect old French dictionaries and any print of Shakespeare books pre 1950. I had a huge collection of both at one point but during a move they got misplaced and are now someone else's.
I really loved my Shakespeare book collection. I had about 30 books. Guess I'll have to look again for a new collection and start over.

I also like to collect handmade cookbooks. The ones you see a church or community put out of their local recipes. I find the best foods in there. I think there are many that are far better than the "popular/celebrity" type chefs and their cookbooks. I find them usually at second hand stores. I love the older ones before everyone used instant ingredients. These are some true "from scratch" meals. I love it.

I think that is all I collect...but if you asked my husband he'd say I collect clothes, shoes and handbags lol.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I haven't read the thread but do you ever go to Etsy? You could probably find a lot of cool pins on there. I LOVE Etsy for vintage or hard to find items.

Here is a link to "pins" searching under "vintage" on Etsy.
Pins Etsy

I want to get into jewelry making for Etsy. I love taking old pieces and making something new out of them. I love the vintage jewelry. It was made better compared to todays stuff and you can find huge lots of it on Etsy for about 20+. I can take those left over pieces and make new pieces.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I collect everything I find interesting on every beach I visit. Shells,stones,driftwood,starfish,bits of rope,fishing nets. I display them all over the house with my collection of model lighthouses. Seems to be an east coast thing I acquired.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I used to collect comic books when I was young.

Now I'm collecting knowledge.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Some items I enjoy collecting are vintage and designer and artist (signed) scarves (see scarves in pic below), little bottles of all colors and decades (the one with the horse & rider is Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon Sample Bottle (Kentucky, U.S.) 46 1/2% alcohol, perfume bottles such as the curious cat and fish bowl, which is Avon (1979). There are two Boy Scouts of Canada boxes (badge box and compass box) to the right (early 60's), as well as an assortment of boxes from the 50's onwards. This is only a small sample my collections, I also enjoy collecting unusual coffee mugs during my travels.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Check out the Hard Rock pin I just found.
It's the Philadelphia Experiment! Awesome find!!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Pearls! Cultured or Natural (or the stock of the latter is declining fast and farming them is not so good for the Sea bed so) Cultured Pearls!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

SGC50
Pearls! Cultured or Natural (or the stock of the latter is declining fast and farming them is not so good for the Sea bed so) Cultured Pearls!

This sweet little selection from Mesenso are particular favourites of mine.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
FF.. this is specifically for you and Mblah
These arent all of them or all of the memorabilia, and I still have to put the crown molding on the room and etc, but here is what I put up for now. The Apollo/Nasa collection. They each have specific pins, some with coordinating patches, and 2 are groups of ALL mission pins.
All real and not "collectors" pins or patches that are for the public

Yes, my camera is giving up the ghost and I need a new one.. couldnt be operator error.. right ?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

OMG ... my husband will LOVE that when I show it to him.
We have some NASA/SPACE pins .. but not even close to your collection.
WOW ....

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

FlyersFan

OMG ... my husband will LOVE that when I show it to him.
We have some NASA/SPACE pins .. but not even close to your collection.
WOW ....

the really cool ones are the old Apollo pins
I had to resize so I could upload these and getting a close up was impossible with my camera skills.. and the frame glass... but if you can, check out those apollo mission pins and patches.. cool!!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

OMG!!!!

I am soooo jealous!! What a collection! Where did you get all these?! I have a small collection of space memorabilia but that is it. This is awesome!!! I will be linking this post to my hubby so he can see it as well!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

SGC50

Oh how I love pearls!!! Pearls are my favorite piece of jewelry. I have a ton of pearl pieces. I found this girl on Etsy who lives in Hawaii and makes her own jewelry and she uses a lot of pearls. I would say most of my collection recently has come from her. I love her stuff.

I like black pearls which are my favorite. I prefer natural. I like the varying shapes of the pearls. It is their natural form. I have some cultured but I prefer the natural ones.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

SGC50

SGC50

This sweet little selection from Mesenso are particular favourites of mine.

OHHHH what a lovely site! Can you purchase from them? I can only click on the side bars that give descriptions. I can't seem to find where to purchase.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join