It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you'll be able watch ison in real time right here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

courtesy of slooh

ison tracker tool

I started this new thread so everyone interested can know about this.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Thanx for the share....

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Good looks

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Good, a front row seat. Thanks! Shhhhh, please turn off your cell phones.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Thanks.

Standing By.

Still standing by...

Um....

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

reject

ison tracker tool

This is a nice "tool"! I'm enjoying it in another window so I can switch back and forth. It's not an actual image of ISON, but it really helps in tracking it's path!

Thanks reject! S&F!!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

IrishCream

reject

ison tracker tool

This is a nice "tool"! I'm enjoying it in another window so I can switch back and forth. It's not an actual image of ISON, but it really helps in tracking it's path!

Thanks reject! S&F!!

That makes one of us...

I've been in "Please Stand By" mode for over an hour...

Wonder why?...

ETA - Giving up. May try again later
edit on 11/16/2013 by Riffrafter because: surrender

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Riffrafter

IrishCream

reject

ison tracker tool

Thanks reject! S&F!!

That makes one of us...

Wonder why?...

The youtube live stream will be active in a day in a half so we'll have to wait for that. The other link is the ISON tracker, which is pretty cool.

Looking forward to the live feed!!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Thanks for the info and also for not including any Blue Star Kachina end of the world crap and just keeping it real.

S&F

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Pretty cool! But...Standing by...

The video is counting down from an hour or so, I will be at work then

Stilll neat! thanks OP!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

I'm sitting by. I guess maybe if I stand then it might start working?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

iamhobo

Riffrafter

IrishCream

reject

ison tracker tool

Thanks reject! S&F!!

That makes one of us...

Wonder why?...

The youtube live stream will be active in a day in a half so we'll have to wait for that. The other link is the ISON tracker, which is pretty cool.

Looking forward to the live feed!!

Thanks.

And btw - ATS really needs a facepalm icon...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
well, they said the observatory was under the clouds last midnight so they just had some presentation.

I don't know when they'll have the live feed going.

Something interesting I picked up from it is astronomers actually withhold information from the public when they feel it might be too much for them to handle.

The presenter showed a slide where it shows a rather close formation of a row of lights behind comet ison which he swears are just stars but which boffins decided was not for public circulation because "conspiracy boys" might misconstrue it as something else.

I had to laugh because of that.

Anyway, if there's anyone here knowledgeable about constellations, would you please verify if it really was just stars?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

I noticed the cover-up too, very interesting.
We can't have Joe Public looking at the "science" before it's been approved now, can we?

This appears to me to be a classic case of a scientist who boosts his own self-importance by the possession of "superior knowledge", which puts him (and it usually is a "him" ) in a superior position, thereby rendering him somewhat superior.
Restricting this knowledge to a select elite serves to reinforce a cultural divide which is self-perpetuating, and wider with each successive deception. "Conspiracy BOYS" is a revealing phrase, lifting the lid on a dismal scene.
Such a small incident, yet so eloquent of science's inability to function with an open mind, and morbid fear of scrutiny lest it be seen to make a mistake.

Whoever is paying for this very expensive science, is apparently in favour of this very unscientific approach.

Would I be right in thinking the image of the group of "stars" was obtained, not from Earth, but from a space station, or satellite?
If it was, then the stars, viewed from an arbitrary point in space, would bear no resemblance to the usual patterns and constellations seen from Earth.
So how would he be able to check them, as he claimed?
Maybe it's a stupid question, there are precedents.
Here's another -
If it all started with a Big Bang, we should all be hurtling outwards from a central point, and travelling in the same general direction as our surroundings.
So how is it that these comets come careering across our path, moving against all the rules, when they should be describing a similar trajectory to our planet?

mistersmith.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Nice one, I am liking the link a lot.
On the link, if you click on the ephemerides tab then it shows you the position of Ison in the sky in relation to the constellations, which is handy. Think it is somewhere just past the position of Spica in the Virgo constellation at the moment.

Ok so it's hard to make anything out in that picture, but I tried!
Take a look yourself, I find it a good way to fix the position, going to dust off the binoculars maybe.
Thanks again, nice links.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

I think it was taken from an observatory. I think satellites still see the same formations.

Anyway, I was just out again this morning and I couldn't make out anything with a tail.

The brightest object other than the moon was almost directly overhead and I think it was Venus.
edit on 19-11-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Anyway, here's the picture in question, image 13, that appears around 8:24.

Its not supposed to be for public circulation.

Can anyone knowledgeable about astronomy here on ats say with certainty its just a bunch of stars?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
HOLY $HIT!!!!!

Almost a whole entire page about ison without a cheesey comment??

What has this ATS world come to?? Love ya cheesey, but pretty pathetic when that is what I expect to come and read about in an ISON thread...

Great Job OP! I will be following....

ETA: So here I am thinking about it and I am the a$$hole that brought cheesey up.....My oh my, now I feel like "that guy"....Sorry!
edit on 11/19/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Well circulated!

It was the previous trio of lights seen from the Hubble which caused the initial trubble, and reference to conspiracies, and there was no mention of their origin.

As you say, the other pic is from Earth, so is apparently intelligible to our astronomers generally.
Here's hoping your question gets answered -- someone certainly appears to be getting their ducks in a row up there ...

Personally I think that anything which encourages us to think together as a planet, even the threat of danger, can have a positive side. There are many standpoints from which these events can be viewed, like a selection of magnifying glasses each giving an apparently different picture.
If the comet proves more interesting than usual, our theories may need to be revised -- always a painful process.

mistersmith.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reject
reply to post by reject

Anyway, here's the picture in question, image 13, that appears around 8:24.

Its not supposed to be for public circulation.

Can anyone knowledgeable about astronomy here on ats say with certainty its just a bunch of stars?

Not for public circulation?

Do you know what that means? Or why someone would deem it thusly?...

<<   2 >>

join