It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Lied About Number Of Uninsured To Sell Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

BrianFlanders
No. It's called ideology.

Now you haven't a foot to stand on.
Ideology is a toxic poison to the human condition.
It rewards the brain identical to the way a heroine fix lights up specific parts of a junkie's brain.
The proponents of ideology are addicts and the only thing an addict wants is his next fix.
(I would supply you with full documentation on this but it would be a 100% thread derailment. I am sure you will not ask but contact me if you want the links.)
Ideology whether political or religious is harmful to the human psyche.
The medical data on this does not lie.
In your attempt to give your arguement credence, you have instead presented a false dichotomy.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Libertygal
I pointed out that any person facing an emergency that went to the emergency room would immediately be placed into the Emergency Medicaid coverage. This is done by Social Services as soon as the person arrives at the hospital. It is their JOB.

The hospital wants to get paid something, and their goal is to assure that. Anyone that fits into any form of emergency healthcare is placed into the program immediately. This follows them home and into their life and healthcare afterwards if deemed necessary. This is the whole point behind Case Management and Social Services in hospital networks.

I can confirm that. I got shot with a 12ga. in the neck and chest and when I woke up in Surgical ICU after 2 trauma surgeries I was magically on Medicaid. My family told me they got all the info they needed from them. I had 23 major surgeries in all and they paid for every one. I am glad it existed because there was no way I could afford the bills that came afterward. I spoke to the lady at some point when she came in and told me that in the event of something like this, that I could be put back on it if I ever needed it. I was kind of surprised at the whole affair.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Eryiedes

BrianFlanders
No. It's called ideology.

Now you haven't a foot to stand on.
Ideology is a toxic poison to the human condition.
It rewards the brain identical to the way a heroine fix lights up specific parts of a junkie's brain.
The proponents of ideology are addicts and the only thing an addict wants is his next fix.
(I would supply you with full documentation on this but it would be a 100% thread derailment. I am sure you will not ask but contact me if you want the links.)
Ideology whether political or religious is harmful to the human psyche.
The medical data on this does not lie.
In your attempt to give your arguement credence, you have instead presented a false dichotomy.

Regardless, it's part of the First Amendment to the US Constitution. If you consider the First Amendment to be poisonous, you're the last person I'm going to listen to. You can say anything you like but I don't have to believe you and that is what this country was intended to be about.

What is poisonous is this attempt to deprive people of their First Amendment rights.

I was not trying to derail the thread. I was just pointing out that people have a right to believe whatever they want and this idea that you're crazy if you disagree with somebody will play right into the hands of the people responsible for things like Obamacare. They have people who get paid to fabricate "facts" that support their predetermined conclusions.
edit on 16-11-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

BrianFlanders

Eryiedes

Having an opinion is fine.
Keeping said opinion IN SPITE of mountains of facts and evidence on a given subject IS a sign of mental distress.

No. It's called ideology. It's in the First Amendment. You have a right to believe whatever you want to believe even if it doesn't interface with reality. You only run afoul of the First Amendment when you try to use the law to force others to believe what you believe.

Just being contrary isn't a crime. There are plenty of instances where it is preferable to ignore evidence because the opposing side has ulterior motives and is abusing the evidence to further a bad agenda. That isn't what's happening here but it can happen. We need to retain the right to disagree even in the face of what will be called indisputable fact.
OUCH that hurt but I believe that stove is not hot! OUCH that hurt but I believe that stove is not hot! OUCH that hurt but I believe that stove is not hot!.................... This is not a sign of mental illness?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

BrianFlanders
What is poisonous is this attempt to deprive people of their First Amendment rights.

No.
What's poisonous is when the victem begins to make excuses for the criminal.
What's poisonous is when insanity can't be pointed out for what it is and is instead wrapped in patriotism and held up as a virtue.
You want to believe the ACA is good?
I won't stop you.
You want to believe no one else will point out the truth?
Seems someone doesn't really know what the first amendment stands for.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

colddeadhands

BrianFlanders

Eryiedes

Having an opinion is fine.
Keeping said opinion IN SPITE of mountains of facts and evidence on a given subject IS a sign of mental distress.

No. It's called ideology. It's in the First Amendment. You have a right to believe whatever you want to believe even if it doesn't interface with reality. You only run afoul of the First Amendment when you try to use the law to force others to believe what you believe.

Just being contrary isn't a crime. There are plenty of instances where it is preferable to ignore evidence because the opposing side has ulterior motives and is abusing the evidence to further a bad agenda. That isn't what's happening here but it can happen. We need to retain the right to disagree even in the face of what will be called indisputable fact.
OUCH that hurt but I believe that stove is not hot! OUCH that hurt but I believe that stove is not hot! OUCH that hurt but I believe that stove is not hot!.................... This is not a sign of mental illness?

Can you say straw man?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Eryiedes

BrianFlanders

No.
What's poisonous is when the victem begins to make excuses for the criminal.

So now it's criminal to have an opinion?

You want to believe the ACA is good?
I won't stop you.

You might want to have a look at my posting history. Just because I believe people have a right to their opinion and religion doesn't mean I'm with them in their opinions.

You want to believe no one else will point out the truth?

You can point out the truth without calling someone a lunatic. It's easy. It's tempting but it's the political equivalent of kicking your opponent in the nuts just because it's easier than arguing with them.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

BrianFlanders
So now it's criminal to have an opinion?

That's ex-post facto reasoning and you already know that was not my intent.

You can point out the truth without calling someone a lunatic.

Not if the truth is they're a lunatic it's not.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This article is full of holes. First they don't use a current CBO report but rather one from 2003 why? And here is another misleading statement.

According to the Census Bureau's latest report, more than 27% of those between 19 and 34 are uninsured, compared with 16% of those 45 to 64.

It's 27% for those aged 19 to 25 and another 27% for those aged 26 to 34 and 17% those aged 35 to 64. This guy needs to learn how to read a graph.

What's more, the official number of uninsured is exaggerated.

No it wasn't.

A record number of adults 18–64 years old are uninsured

edit on 16-11-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join