It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Lied About Number Of Uninsured To Sell Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
At one point Obama was claiming that over 46 million Americans were uninsured. But even the White House later admitted that at its highest point the number was more like 30 million.

Now examine these figures... 25% of the uninsured have incomes greater than $50,000. 6 million of the uninsured actually are eligible for medicaid but never enrolled. And nearly 10 million aren't US citizens. This brings us up to about 24 million out of 30 million. So all of this effort and hardship is for only about 6 million low income people!

According to the Congressional Budget Office projections, 30 million will be uninsured by the year 2023 even with Obamacare in effect.. So after reading this article the only conclusion I could make is that after Obamacre is through and done, the number of Americans without insurance will be the same as before.

Now for some interesting facts. 56% of the uninsured oppose Obamacare and just 22% of the uninsured said that they will buy Obamacre plans on the exchange. So overall, the uninsured are not very interested in this.

So, may I ask why Obama has sold America his pipe dream when it had little chance of doing much good? Was this just to swell his ego and make him a "great president"? Or does he think that he knows what is best for us even if it really isn't? Us Americans have been sold a lemon and now for reasons that don't even exist.

Obama:
We are not a nation that accepts nearly 46 million uninsured," he said in a June 2009 speech before the American Medical Association. Later that year at a town hall, he promised that "if you're one of the nearly 46 million people who don't have health insurance, you will finally have quality, affordable options."

Obama Misled Public About Number Of Uninsured Too

edit on 16-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I don't think there is much argument anymore over Obamacare.

Sure, you'll have the few remaining synchophants singing its praise. But that's about it.

Obama & dems lied about so many things concerning ACA/Obamacare that it's become a joke.

This is all about wealth redistribution. Not about healthcare.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
saying obama lied about obamacare is like saying the sun is hot, anyone with eyes to see can tell he's lied about virtually every aspect of it. At this point I'd be more suprised if you told me he was telling the truth about anypart of the program.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I click on quite a few obamacare/obama threads these days. (There are a lot!) The one thing that strikes me is not the content of the thread but the participants.

All of the obama/obamacare supporters have dug a hole and stuck their head in it. I used to see a few (I won't say any names) that threw their hat in the ring to blame bush here or play the race card there or carry obamas water regarding obamacare. Nope, not anymore. Embarrassment is a b!tch!

Now I only see one person from France (go figure) trying to force people to respect the throne obama sits in, as if obama has respected America in any way.

You have to earn respect!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I remember addressing this issue in another thread, most of the bulk of the uninsured were within the poor and needy that could not afford it, that is the reason why Medicaid need it to be enforced.

Then most of the bulk of the pre existing conditions were within the again poor and needy and also the older people already under Medicare.

The government only needy to force insurance to cover the people with pre existing conditions that was all, but the insurance companies would not have it without the working class serve in a silver platter to them by mandate.

Yes it was a lie to sell ACA.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Morning,

I'm sorry but at this point, anyone who still supports the ACA is clinically insane.
What more can be said?

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by elouina

Sure, you'll have the few remaining synchophants singing its praise. But that's about it.

Like my mother. She still thinks that the ACA is a great idea. (Paraphrasing here) "They botched the roll out and I am disappointed about that, but any adjustment is hard, and they will fix it".

She then proceeded to tell me that healthcare costs have gone down in the last three years, and when I disputed this, she told me to "Look it up". So I did while we were still talking and found several sources that said that the cost of healthcare has gone up every year, in 2011 as much as 6% compared to the year before. She got mad and said (This is a direct quote) "I'm not going to argue about this anymore. I believe in my President".

beezzer
reply to post by elouina

This is all about wealth redistribution. Not about healthcare.

Exactly. As far as I can see, the ones profiting the most from this fiasco are the insurance companies, but I'm sure plenty more will come out of the mud as the ACA continues to grind its way to its inevitable conclusion.
edit on 16-11-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Obamacare was written by members of the insurance industry. They helped themselves to America's pocket book with the collusion of the President and Congress. It is does not provide affordable care for the uninsured. You cannot make medical care more affordable by giving the insurance companies a blank check. You have to decrease the costs of medical procedures to make medical care more affordable.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

redhorse
She got mad and said (This is a direct quote) "I'm not going to argue about this anymore. I believe in my President".

blind patriotism isn't patriotic, its stupid.

With a little less blind patriotism in the world we'd have a whole lot less problems

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
IMHO, after this screw up, they may try forcing the wepons ban a little harder. Now that they have ticked off the majority of the nation. You know that hole revolution thing and all.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I tried several times to argue this point, and it fell on deaf ears, to be argued into oblivion by ##SNIPPED##, that I was mistaken, wrong, racist.

They were always insured. Always. I even made a perfect example of this during the Aurora, Co. Shootings when the sad-sob story came out about the young man who was shot in the theater that was paralyzed and deemed never able to work again. He was "uninsured", and the "taxpayer would be required to foot the bill" as his desperate family raked in hundreds of thousands in donations for this poor fellow.

I pointed out that any person facing an emergency that went to the emergency room would immediately be placed into the Emergency Medicaid coverage. This is done by Social Services as soon as the person arrives at the hospital. It is their JOB.

The hospital wants to get paid something, and their goal is to assure that. Anyone that fits into any form of emergency healthcare is placed into the program immediately. This follows them home and into their life and healthcare afterwards if deemed necessary. This is the whole point behind Case Management and Social Services in hospital networks.

In fact, after the sad-sob story came out in the media, the next story within a day or two was about how the young man got placed into the Colorado Medicaid system, and his financial demise was greatly exagerrated. But, like anything else, once the story is out there, it is sensational, and no one cares about the follow up story where the tragedy is .. well.. not so much.

Fact is, all of these "uninsured" poor were insured the moment they walked into any emergency room. Emergency Medicaid, or if elderly, Medicare, kicked in, and the taxpayer footed the bill, ANYWAY..

It makes no difference if you apply today, or the day you get hit by, or become, the drunk driver. The coverage, and the cost to the taxpayer is the same. No one is turned away for healthcare in our emergency rooms, ever.

It was all hokum, and to this day, remains hokum. In fact, the largest healthcare enrollment numbers are those that always had availability to enroll in Medicaid. It was always there. It didn't magically just become available to them, they are just enrolling now, as opposed to before they get to the Emergency Room, out of fear of penalty.

Now, the question to ask, honestly, is this going to affect the cost of healthcare? Likely only slightly. The typical Medicaid enrollee is unfortunately part of a large, stereotypical group.

They will have a tendency to be non-compliant with their health disorders. They will still likely over-use emergency rooms as health clinics, as this is how their lifestyle is. They don't take time to make appointments, to see physicians, and to tend to illnesses before they become serious, or, abuse the system by using emergency rooms as clinics because it is easier. Few, and only few, have trouble finding a doctor that accepts Medicaid. Thanks to Obamacare, that just got worse. Thanks to Obamacare, the load on emergency rooms will likely WORSEN as a result of unavailability of Medicaid physicians.

The big lie was always the uninsured poor. The big lie was always taxpayers having to foot the bill. None if that changed. None of it.

Now, with enrollment numbers for Medicaid nearing 50 million, are you beginning to see the real truth, that you and I have been paying for this all along.

They are just trying to force healthy young people to enroll into the exchanges to recoup the losses for this burden, because the Medicaid and Medicare support by taxpayers has become unsustainable.

Simples.

edit on 16-11-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Nov 16 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Exactly, anybody that walks into an emergency room will receive care regardless and the bill goes to the tax payer, what have changed under Obamacare? nothing, the poor will still be seen and the bill will still be footed to the tax payer. But the working productive class will be forced to be the cows of insurance businesses.

The whole ACA was nothing but a bailout.

How do I know that emergency rooms take uninsured anyway? because my daughter is a emergency room nurse and the bulk of the people coming in are uninsured.

Does ACA makes insurance affordable? only if you are poor and needy on Medicaid, you get care free.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
“So, may I ask why Obama has sold America his pipe dream when it had little chance of doing much good?”

For the exact same reason so many people oppose any healthcare reform: that same fistful of dollars. The only difference is that Obama benefited from pushing it... others benefit from opposing it. This was never meant to be true healthcare reform (which is desperately needed), only health insurance reform. It was a naked power grab, benefiting the few at the expense of the many. (And no, I’m not talking about the few who might actually get affordable quality healthcare as those who “benefited.” There’s definitely wealth redistribution going on, but it’s from the middle class into the pockets of the politicians and lobbyists and corporations. And the health redistribution as a new class of losers is created is even more reprehensible). None of the root causes of our out-of-control health care costs were addressed; only who would pay those costs.

But he got away with it because he successfully pitted us against each other, blaming our fellow Americans first, getting us to argue over who deserves healthcare and completely ignoring the details of his craptastic Obamacare package. Obama coldly pretended to put people before profits... while his opposition coldly put profits before people... and the people believed his lies because the only other option was unconscionable and unacceptable. As a society, we’ve rightly determined that people do indeed have a right to healthcare, especially as it pertains to staying alive, as in our right to life. And because most of us find it cruel and despicable to allow people to suffer and/or die just because they don’t have the money to pay for grossly inflated life-saving medical care. Even if that’s just one person, it’s too many. As the number soars, the simple law of supply-and-demand will prevail as people with this demand (but no supply) will impact both society and the market in negative ways. It’s not a matter of “if” the system needs to be fixed, nor is it a matter of “who” or “how many” deserves to have healthcare, it’s a matter of HOW to fix the system for the greatest good of ALL.

The federal government (using our taxpayer dollars) spends billions on healthcare in many many different ways. If our dollars are going to be spent to benefit anyone, then those dollars must benefit everyone, in the most efficient way possible. This is not it. Nor was what we had pre-Obamacare. There is no good reason for anyone to go without healthcare, and we already spend more than enough to take care of everyone – but it needs to be done more fairly, effectively and efficiently.

How? What would you recommend? I like the Australian model, which comprises a public and a private option, working side-by-side. Perhaps the public/private could work together, much like school vouchers. We need a system that gives people the greatest responsibility and control over their own healthcare choices, the greatest number of options, and the widest availability. The free-market definitely has its virtues, and therefore a place in the market. Insurance can also serve us well, but it has its limitations. There will always be those who “fall through the cracks,” thus requiring a public option, especially for catastrophic care.

We can do better. We’ve got some of the brightest and most creative minds in the world. We can figure this out and then we’ll truly have the greatest healthcare system in the world.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Obamascare is all about DA LAW, penalization, monitoring and enforcement. EVERYONE will get a flu shot or everyone will get shot. Your RFID nanobots will relocate from your backside or arm to your Head or your Right Hand. YOU WILL HAVE A CHOICE! See this is Amerika, land of the free (phones, food, and funny money) home of the crave.
Just keep paying those taxes Pookie!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Right. It always has been paid by the taxpayers. All this is was a new tax levied upon us to support a failing system because the government raided the coffers of Medicare, and never had any real funds set aside from what they deducted from our checks every week. They spend and spend and spend, with no regards to actually saving those funds.

It is a new taxation, hotly denied by Obama and Reid and Pelosi, et al, and until the Supremes ruled, and called it what is was, a tax, did it really become real.

The whole issue is, and was, the out of control spending of the taxes already levied upon us for these costs, that were not appropriated properly. The outrage for this died long ago, when people forgot to be pissed that the government misappropriated our taxes and spent those funds on earmarks for VOTES.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Eryiedes
Morning,

I'm sorry but at this point, anyone who still supports the ACA is clinically insane.
What more can be said?

Sorry but I have a problem with calling people crazy for having an opinion. We shouldn't stoop to that. I don't mind calling them stupid but insane is a whole other kind of accusation.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is the result of what happens when people vote liars into office and others who don't have a clue and say things like they don't even know what is in the bill, Pelosi said they had to pass it to see what was in it. Please remove all idiots and liars from offices next time.

I'm hoping I still have health insurance by the time Obama leaves office. The whole ACA act was designed to put private insurers out of business I read and reallocate people's money. Of course reallocation always means givernment gets a big cut. Expect higher taxes, much less benefits.
I know I'm paying more for a whole lot less now. My new insurance plan only kicks in after a deductible over $3000. Thanks to everyone who voted for this. I just hope I can continue not hardly ever going to a doctor because it will cost me a lot more now.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
only reason they wrote this crap is because people with insurance said they had to pay more because the poor didn't have it and used emergency rooms. Its a hate law, it has nothing to do with "helping the poor" or being the "right thing to do" or even being the "christian thing to do." Oh dont forget about the extra tax money, cant forget about the billions they probably thought they could make off it every year if they forced everyone in the US to buy insurance.
edit on 16-11-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

BrianFlanders
Sorry but I have a problem with calling people crazy for having an opinion.

Having an opinion is fine.
Keeping said opinion IN SPITE of mountains of facts and evidence on a given subject IS a sign of mental distress. So is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result. So is trusting known and proven liars implicitly. So is thinking you can get something for nothing.
I'm sorry, but clinically insane is as dead-on as you're gonna get.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Eryiedes

Having an opinion is fine.
Keeping said opinion IN SPITE of mountains of facts and evidence on a given subject IS a sign of mental distress.

No. It's called ideology. It's in the First Amendment. You have a right to believe whatever you want to believe even if it doesn't interface with reality. You only run afoul of the First Amendment when you try to use the law to force others to believe what you believe.

Just being contrary isn't a crime. There are plenty of instances where it is preferable to ignore evidence because the opposing side has ulterior motives and is abusing the evidence to further a bad agenda. That isn't what's happening here but it can happen. We need to retain the right to disagree even in the face of what will be called indisputable fact.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join