It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of the Box {Nov 2013}

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I can only tell you my story and let you form your own conclusions.I don't know how else to make you understand what it was like.

I always wanted to live out side the box..you know? I wanted to be free to shine in every way possible. "Oh you're so beautiful" they said,

people will flock to lay gifts at your feet.

Well it didnt turn out that way. I spent most of my time alone. Then one night I heard her whisper , "when I met you...angels tiptoed in and

hung christmas lights around my heart". I wanted to cry. If you were close to me you might be shocked if I cried. I've never been the

crying type. I myself had always hoped to feel special. Her whisperings stunned me and made me think. Its true that sometimes choices

had to be made between food and medicine. Mostly the money went for bills like heating the cold winter nights. I guess I just expected more.

On christmas there were no gifts. No one could afford gifts. Some how though she made me feel so special." Look at the christmas tree lights",

she said.

One day I may not be here for christmas anymore. Promise me you will always remember that I told you how angels hung christmas lights around

my heart when I met you." I will always love you", she said." Now and forever beyond death.... promise me you will always light the lights and

think of me and how I loved you". I heard every word. However she wasnt speaking to me. She was speaking to her beloved. I only over heard from my

corner in the room. I realize now that gifts at me feet really don't matter. Love is what matters. I only wish I knew love. I guess I will

spend the rest of my life just being proud that I can shine a light on her love.

You see......I am the last christmas tree. Im small but I have beautiful lights. Im still living in the box most of the time , but I can wait

more patiently now. I am the last christmas tree they will ever share. I will shine on which ever one of them is left and hope that I help

them to remember..................

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It was a beautiful story, very to the point.

However, if I may offer a suggestion, the way you cut your sentences and put the other half on the next paragraph makes it a bit confusing. Since I'm a non-writer, is it really a literal style, or is it how you write?

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by starheart

Thank you Starheart for your comment. No This is not my style of writing. Its a new computer and word pad that I'm trying to get used too. I have been missing from ATS for a time due to illness and a dead old computer. I'm still trying to learn this one.

I'm over 60 ( not telling) and every day someone updates and changes windows and every other program which is confusing to some of us old birds.

If you have ever read any of my previous stories you would see a much different type of entry.

I was inspired to write this story because of my age and I found it challenging to try to see things from a non human perspective. This is also a VERY short story. But that's my personality to just say the facts and not sugar things up. In other words I don't talk just to hear myself talk.

Thank you again.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Oh, okay. I know the feeling; I myself used to use a Window; but now, Apple does the same anyway, so...
But good job!

top topics

join