It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Months Ago Today... I Quit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

If you buy a cheap one you may want to consider buying 2 , the batteries only last for 2-3 hours of use before needing a recharge .

VMAX with big ass 18650 3400mah 3.7v, no more 3 hours… Lasts at least 8-9 hours with pretty heavy vaping. (5-10 minute session twice an hour.)

And you can buy a few and just charge them in an outside charger like regular recharge batteries.

I've burned 9mls of juice in a day on a single charge. Not sure how my heart & liver felt about that one… but it works!
edit on 16-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thanks for the info boncho , I'm ready to move up and will be getting a new unit for Christmas so am on the hunt for what to get , I will check into the ones you mentioned

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Congrats to you and stay strong! I started at 14 and quit when cigarettes reached the ungodly price of two dollars a carton. It seems like a long time ago now, but I still think how good it would taste to light one up when I have a cup of coffee.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

BTW - I like your avatar. I study it each time it pops up.

Thanks, I have no idea if it's real, but it's neato!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Fantastic! I quit in 1998 for good. The one thing that kept me from ever picking up another is the reality that I NEVER wanted to go through quitting again. It was the hardest thing I ever did. But once you realize you can do that, accomplishing other things is so much easier.

Keep it up.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

reply to post by gortex

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.
I had tried the cheap Blu things, they're awful.
I can spend whatever I need to get something good that I will use and I just like a good regular smoke like Marlboro Red or how they used to taste before all the recent fireproofing additives. Cost is irrelevant, we are talking about smoking here, lol.
Fireproof cigarettes, my God our world is so messed up.
If someone could point out a kit that would be great.
Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Awesome!!

I started vaping 3.5 months ago, and havent looked back at my nasty 15 year cig habit.

I too started with wasting money on cheap e-cig crap, and have some good advice to others wanting to avoid wasting tons of money on this awesome hobby...

STAY AWAY FROM GAS STATION E-CIGS, THEY ALL SUCK AND MOST ARE OWNED BY BIG TOBACCO. Notably BLU brand, which deserves its own thread IMO. Look it up.

Get yourself the iTazte MVP v2, it lasts me 2 days of full vaping... I go through about 7 ML of liquid per day. It has variable voltage, and variable wattage, which wattage is the newest style people are looking for. It makes a very consistant vape when you switch out the "tanks" which hold the juice.

Mount Baker Vapor is like the best online vendor for vaping... Their liquid/juice is the cheapest price you will find, and its very tasty, and hundreds, yes HUNDREDS of flavors to pick from... and they make it custom to your liking... I have tried over 75 flavors from there.

I know this sounds like an ad for them, but they are just that awesome!

I started with 18 MG nic levels, and have moved down to 12 or less, as I have gotten into DIY which is making my own juice and flavors.

Some of my favorite flavors from MBV: Berry Creamy, Thug Juice, Wintergreen, Cinnamon Roll, Blue Moo, White Out, Solar Flare

They have the MVP v2 on their website for $60, but it comes with everything you will need. Charger(which the MVP also can work as a bank to charge most cell phones, it has that much life in it), it has a tank to put the juice in, and comes with a 15ml bottle of juice...(use code save10now for 10% off your order)

The tanks I vape out of anymore are either EVOD, or iClear 16.(It comes with an iClear 30 which is awesome too, but expensive). I tried all the CE4, CE5, and they suck. Vivi nova are ok, I have only tried one, but it is good.

Seriously guys, do some research on youtube, its alot of information out there, but if you go with the MVP v2, you can get it for less that 60 bucks with the discount code, and its all you need, and your set for a week or 2 with the juice you get. No need for other batteries down the road, like I found when I started buying the ego style batteries. I coulda got the MVP long ago and saved that money... although I did give out my ego batteries to people to get them into vaping as well. but they were 30 bucks a pop, and I bought 4 of them lol. So heed my advice, if you think vaping might even be for you, just get the MVP and be set for a long time. And stay away from gas station garbage.

My one buddy told me, and I think this holds true... Think of this as an investment into your health!!

Seriously, I feel a ton better, in better mood, Food tastes good again!
edit on 16-11-2013 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
reply to post by boncho

reply to post by gortex

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.
I had tried the cheap Blu things, they're awful.
I can spend whatever I need to get something good that I will use and I just like a good regular smoke like Marlboro Red or how they used to taste before all the recent fireproofing additives. Cost is irrelevant, we are talking about smoking here, lol.
Fireproof cigarettes, my God our world is so messed up.
If someone could point out a kit that would be great.
Thanks again.

It says you are in VA? So the two best looking sites I could pull from that area are:

www.quantumvapor.com... and www.vapedojo.com...

From the first one I suggest: www.quantumvapor.com... and www.quantumvapor.com...

The first is great for out in public and the second has a large internal battery which is great for home use. Two good starters IMO.

From the second site (seems like it only really applies for buying juice, which you can buy from the first): www.vapedojo.com...

You can try out their juices, sometimes it's good to buy from two to see the differences. Pick a juice, if you are a heavy smoker start out around 24mg, and a 30ml bottle should last you a week. (for most.)

The first site looks like it has some pretty good juices though too. I would buy those first, if you are not happy maybe try the second site. Make sure you get a few flavours though… Cause some are crap no matter who makes them.

Some popular ones (may not have with your vendor):

Green Apple
Watermelon
Nectarine
Peaches

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Thank you grace. The feeling is more than mutual.
I do miss your old avatar though.

You know what? I missed him, too. So, here he is.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Congrats on quitting. But be careful because it only takes one to get you down the ugly road again. I quit for almost 4 years and in a weak moment about 6 months ago, I had one. You guessed it. Up to a pack a day again.

For anyone serious about quitting, this is how I did it. It's worked for lots of people and it worked for me....for a while.
www.theeasywaytostopsmoking.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

teslarocks

Congrats on quitting. But be careful because it only takes one to get you down the ugly road again. I quit for almost 4 years and in a weak moment about 6 months ago, I had one. You guessed it. Up to a pack a day again.

For anyone serious about quitting, this is how I did it. It's worked for lots of people and it worked for me....for a while.

That may not apply to vaping though...

Ive been vaping only for the past 3.5 months... About a month ago I actually had my first craving for a cig(even with people smoking in front of me often). It was so nasty!!! I only smoked half of the cig, and went right back to my favorite vape.

Check out my post above for people interested in trying vaping, and a reputable online vendor to purchase from.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Congratulations! Great job!
It is hard. I also quit about 3 months ago. I took the plunge myself and quit cold turkey because of a bout of nasty bronchitis. I am still fighting the damage done to my lungs.
Thanks for posting this! You are right about being accountable to others. I cheated a couple of times that first week or two and each time my 3 year old would get mad at me and tell me " but mom you can't smoke sigrits" and then he would tell my husband. He quit a couple of years ago himself. He would just chuckle at the little guy and ask what he did to make mama mad. It was hilarious really, it also made me more aware of my triggers, as well as who I was really quitting for. 👍

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
Congrats to you Kangareux!
I need to stop smoking myself but my situation makes it near impossible as I have too much time on my hands.
I have heard the e-cigs makes it easier and I'd like to try those but there's too many choices.
What exactly do you use? Could you link me?
Glad to hear you beat the addiction, it is a tough habit to break.

Tell your husband I told him to quit.
He needs to be there for you so you can both grow old together.
Cheers,
ATA

Thanks ATA!

I use a basic eGo system with a tank. They run pretty cheap (considering) and are something you can get to make sure you like it and want to continue. You can get a standard eGo ecig kit with 2 batteries, two clearomizers (the liquid goes in those), a charger, and a case for around $60.00 give or take. These are simple to charge, refill, and use. I used so many things before ecigs that I was scared to put out the money for anything more expensive until I was sure I could stick with it for more than a week.

I haven't gotten into using the higher priced mods yet. Some of those run up to $200 for one.
On those you can turn up your wattage, voltage, have a light saber fight, etc.
I am not sure I will move up to anything that grand as I am still happy with what I have.

I do use these guys on occasion. www.vaporkings.com...

I link to them so you can get an idea of maybe where to start. I have ordered extra batteries there that worked better than what I originally bought, but I am sure others carry the same things at different prices.

I use tanks like the kanger mini protank 2 and the mini davide instead of the clearomizers because they taste better and my ejuice doesn't crack them.

I really hope you can find something you like and can stick with. It makes a world of difference!! If you need advice on tanks... I have used A LOT of them.
I will be more than willing to help.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Congratulations, I have been a smoker for near 5 years now, I know it isn't all that long but I still fiend for a but at times. I am not suffering any major differences in my bod but I just know it is affecting me so from today I am gonna try quit myself!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Congratulations, I have been a smoker for near 5 years now, I know it isn't all that long but I still fiend for a but at times. I am not suffering any major differences in my bod but I just know it is affecting me so from today I am gonna try quit myself!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

groingrinder
Congrats to you and stay strong! I started at 14 and quit when cigarettes reached the ungodly price of two dollars a carton. It seems like a long time ago now, but I still think how good it would taste to light one up when I have a cup of coffee.

Thank you!! You were a smart one. I swore when they went to $10.00 a carton I would quit. By the time I did a carton was costing me (for generic) $35.00. We were going through a little over 2 cartons a week between us!!
It's crazy.

I do hear from others that indeed the craving sticks with you forever.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

graceunderpressure

Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Thank you grace. The feeling is more than mutual.
I do miss your old avatar though.

You know what? I missed him, too. So, here he is.

I must have missed him.
He's gone...

teslarocks

Thanks!
I have had failed so many times KNOWING that it only takes one. I always did it anyway. I am not even thinking of having "just one" this time... hopefully.

kangajack

You can do it!!! When you start feeling the negative effects it has done a lot of damage already. It comes on so slowly that you rarely feel it until it gets bad. I didn't start feeling (noticeably) bad until about 10 years in, then I blamed it on getting older. I have done damage that can't be reversed. But you can improve symptoms A LOT and you can prevent them from happening at all. It is worth it. In the long run it is more than worth it.

woodsmom

Congratulations! Great job!
It is hard. I also quit about 3 months ago. I took the plunge myself and quit cold turkey because of a bout of nasty bronchitis. I am still fighting the damage done to my lungs.
Thanks for posting this! You are right about being accountable to others. I cheated a couple of times that first week or two and each time my 3 year old would get mad at me and tell me " but mom you can't smoke sigrits" and then he would tell my husband. He quit a couple of years ago himself. He would just chuckle at the little guy and ask what he did to make mama mad. It was hilarious really, it also made me more aware of my triggers, as well as who I was really quitting for. 👍

Awesome for you!!! Kids help and hurt at times.
It does help to make you think twice though and if that is what keeps you cig free... we do what we must.
edit on 11/16/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

When they "fireproofed" cigarettes, they ruined them for good. If I smoked today, I would be growing my own tobacco.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It's nice to come onto ATS and see this wonderful thread amidst all the pessimism and negativity that flows through this website. I have a lot of respect for individuals who are able to overcome great addictions like this one.

My prayers are with you and wish you the best!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Congrats to the quitters!......and to me! Good Luck to those who are trying!

At 74, after 54 years of smoking (started at age 17, 1956, when it was 'fashionable), I quit cold turkey on Nov 17, 2010. Three years today and proud of it.

The after effects of cravings were not really with me: it was more like, "This is when I used to light up"!

When a doctor said I had a lung infection, my mind said "Quit smoking" and, almost simultaneously with her statement, my thought seemed 'fused' with it, at once, and that was it!

It can be done!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join