It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make-A-Wish Turns San Francisco Into BatKid's 'Gotham City'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What a waste of resources.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Maluhia
reply to post by OneFreeMan

You have piqued my curiosity - did they catch the real riddler?

SF = SZ5

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

I'm guessing you don't know or haven't spent time around many very sick kids.

But, thanks for stopping by

I know you're busy this time of year.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

They're a dime a dozen. There are thousands of sick adults out there too.

Municipal services waste enough time and money without this kind of crap.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Restricted
What a waste of resources.

The resources spent during WW2 alone could have ended world poverty 3 times over. The cost to fund America's foreign military each month could provide all Americans with free health care for a year.

People really need to get their priorities straight on what they consider to be a "waste of resources". But hey, that money could have been spent to build a new surveillance drone instead of trying to make the world a better place, right?

The best part about this article is how the boy is now in remission, this was the first day of the rest of his life, good luck son.

edit on 18-11-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

The numerous wish granting charities like the Make-A-Wish foundation highlighted here grant wishes for children who are not just sick but who are battling a life threatening condition. That means that for many of them that they don't survive and those that do can be left with long term physical side effects and complex emotional and psychological scars. Many of them don't even know what a life without illness feels like and never had a "childhood" and done normal things that even the most disadvantaged children can take for granted. Many can become totally isolated.....

I'm intrigued at the kind of language you use. You may view sick children as " a dime a dozen" but I'm pretty sure his family don't view this little boy as such. And also referring to the wish that was organised for the little boy and saying that enough resources are wasted " without this kind of crap" suggests that your objections, based on the language you use, go a little deeper than just objections about resources. I pity you....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join