It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth May Have Been Terraformed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

JayinAR
I'm glad this was moved to skunk works...it takes my evidence (aliens watching our development without interacting) as granted.

Thanks guys!

so what does that mean, skunk works....

the bot

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Skunk Works is the forum for random ideas.
I put this in Aliens and UFOs because I was seeking to establish a hypothesis that fits with ALL of the evidence we see, including a legit external phenomena that seems interested in us as a species, but doesn't seem to want to interact with us directly (Aliens and UFOs).

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

What about them?

This isn't a Douglas Adams reference perchance?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The movie Prometheus delves into some of these questions.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

FlyingFox
The movie Prometheus delves into some of these questions.

I bought Prometheus awhile back.

I guess I need to watch it again. Haha

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

The professionals (NASA etc.) are essentially now openly stating the obvious..if Humanity is to ensure it's survival, we must drive to become a multi-planet species..i agree with that for the reasons they give.

Now imagine another species, way out there somewhere in the cosmos...far ahead of our own technology having the same thought.

How would they accomplish their own survival, given they have high technology at their disposal?

Would they travel to their local planets and systems and set up colonies...probably to start with they would.

What then if a system wide calamity happened? Something like a major disturbance in their equivalent of the Oort cloud, could potentially dislodge massive and civilisation destroying, even planet destroying rocks, some hundreds of miles in size.

A colony on another planet within their own system would be as much in the firing line as their home world, and in the case of a system wide and massive battering, would not ensure their species' survival.

What else could they do?

Seeds. They stand a much better chance of their genetics continuing, if they spread it as far and as wide around the Galaxy / Universe as possible.

This may be how life on Earth began. No, it's not an original idea, it's been explored in many books, theories and movies...but the reason it's a popular idea, is because it makes a whole lot of sense.

It's probably what we'll end up doing ourselves one day, if we get that far.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Since we are in skunk works Ill take a crack at this. Many believe life came from meteors/astroids, and since the dinos were wiped out by such, and some that have hit greatly altered the Earth's atmosphere, let's say a massive rock aimed at Earth was an attempt at long term terraforming. But alas, out humans popped from the goo, and our long distant cousins never intended such a thing.

So now they fly by in the distance, ever so often anal probing a cow, or a texan with alcoholism, and they cannot use the land they terraformed. Merely observe the grotesque family tree they sprouted.

edit on 16-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

If one starts from the hypothesis of Earth being a terraformed planet, what would be some evidence we should expect to find?

Short of walking up too the nearest alien & asking them ,,ya might look for

evidence that the planet was unnaturally moved into its current habitable zone orbit,,(possibly with help of the Moon)
We have a plan for moving the Earth

evidence of unnatural microscopic life that would of done most of the work in changing the atmosphere

Alien life found living in Earth's atmosphere, claims scientist

Mystery deepens around 'alien' bacteria

But ya gotta believe ,,given the billions of planets in the universe,,the earth must of atleast been somewhat habitable to begin with or there was no other viable options for unknown reasons ....Are we really Martians
edit on 16-11-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

IDK, fossil fuels show the path we are on currently but do not exhibit the path we will be on in say another hundred years providing we do not blow our selves up or more aptly, contaminate ourselves with spent nuclear waste. I do agree with you on earth being terraformed by forces outside the understanding of the average person. I still think you are onto a powerful train of thought and intuition about earth being terraformed, could it be from life in another dimension or the lower astral's need for hell on earth as they punch through to this dimension? To create ones own reality would imply that as the lowers enter this reality another dimension opens to a higher or less chaotic realm for some. When people discuss having experienced different realities such as a famous person once dead who pops up alive again or even something as simple as a deja vous, couldn't these be signs that the individual has slipped from a known dimension into a new one? How often do we all make these changes in one lifetime?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If the experiment was done in a lab, and punching into another dimension through something like the Hadron Collider was possible, the average person would never be the wiser and this whole existence as we know it could be passed into an infinite number of realities or dimensions until we get the desired outcome.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

boncho
Since we are in skunk works Ill take a crack at this. Many believe life came from meteors/astroids, and since the dinos were wiped out by such, and some that have hit greatly altered the Earth's atmosphere, let's say a massive rock aimed at Earth was an attempt at long term terraforming. But alas, out humans popped from the goo, and our long distant cousins never intended such a thing.

So now they fly by in the distance, ever so often anal probing a cow, or a texan with alcoholism, and they cannot use the land they terraformed. Merely observe the grotesque family tree they sprouted.

Why do you people always state it like, "a Texan with alcoholism"?
I know you think its cute and funny, but all it does is slander the position. It doesn't drive discussion forward at all.
I guess I shouldn't expect more.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

boncho

I know you think its cute and funny, but all it does is slander the position. It doesn't drive discussion forward at all.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

JayinAR

boncho

Can you name a member of congress who believes they were abducted? Aren't the Hill's the most reliable claimants of abduction? What's it matter. I might be light hearted in my reply but there is no reason you can't role with it seriously.

I'm out. Good luck with the thread, and keeping everyone within the confines of what you consider "serious discussion". -slander

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well it looks like there's been recognisable life on Earth for at least 3,500,000,000 years

www.sciencedaily.com...

When was it terraformed again?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

A member of Congress? No.
But I read awhile back about some mayor of a town in Britain who believes he is a contactee. In fact, he believes he has been having a sexual affair with an alien for years. Says it puts strain on his marriage. Funny thing is that otherwise he is a fine mayor.

Since when did Congress become the model of integrity anyways??

Fact is it happens to loads of folks. I'm torn as to whether the phenomena is legit, psychological, or Gov conducted. But to call "experiencers" alcoholics and leave it at that is...well, see ya!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

A long time ago, if it was.
Our star system is still young.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Oh well, this was a fun exercise in keeping the imagination open and free form in thinking. I guess I will bow out. I do think that life on earth is being terraformed for some unknown reason be it alien life forms from another planet or by altering the dimensions to accept different evolutionary processes of human beings. To me it it is not so far fetched and worthy of consideration and discussion for the possibilities. If you try to do a search on the subject you pretty much come up with cutting edge discoveries on how we can terraform other worlds to accommodate humans in case we need to leave the planet, I guess that is acceptable to think in terms of us being ground zero of this concept, but to think about earth being terraformed is just crazy talk...

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ooooohhhh...I like this. *rubs hands together*

My first thought was also of the Prometheus, especially the opening scene. (don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it, but it involves seeding a planet with DNA)

I am also pulled back to a show I just watched recently for the second time. It was on the Discovery channel, about ancient aliens. (I know, I know...it's a bit hokey, but there was some interesting stuff) Most fascinating was the evidence of advanced machine work.(pyramids, etc) On Malta, there are buildings dating back to 5,000 BC (before the wheel) that are built with precision, and a subterranean chamber three levels deep with advanced acoustics for communicating. I think that would all tie in quite nicely with this theory.

Assuming there was already water on the planet, than I think the oceans or other sources (ice) would be prime targets for terraforming. (the release of gasses into the atmosphere to make it livable). Therefore, I would think that any leftover machinery would most likely be either on the ocean floor, or under the ice. There have been some interesting formations discovered on Google earth and also by divers in recent time involving the ocean. So who knows?

If this is the case (terraforming) than I am inclined to believe that we are the result of an 'alien' race (not of this world) that either expanded or HAD to move. I do NOT believe in macro evolution. Our DNA is waaaaaayyyyyy to advanced to have happened randomly. I DO believe in God, but I feel that to say that, than I would also have to believe God created all life in the universe so to toy with the idea that we aren't originally from earth is not (IMO) sacrilegious.

I believe that there is enough evidence to suggest an advanced civilization thousands of years ago. For whatever reason, it was lost (massive flood? Apocalytptic event?) and we are what rose from those ashes.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

JayinAR
reply to post by AndyMayhew

A long time ago, if it was.
Our star system is still young.

Not really. Earth as we know it is in late middle age now. Only 2 billion years to go ....

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The sci-fi idea of planets like Earth being "terraformed" by aliens to ensure they are suitable for life is certainly a possibility. But assuming current estimations on planets in the galaxy are correct, it seems quite unnecessary since out of the billions of other planets, there must be quite a few similar to Earth? So why make work when nature has done the job for you?

www.theguardian.com...

If habitable planets (as we know it) were rare in the galaxy, then the terraforming idea becomes, perhaps. more likely.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join