It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agnostic About Agnosticism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Money has power over the government. Read Romans 13 for me and tell me it isn't a tool for those in power to make us complacent.

The Bible does not teach that Jesus will come back and fix everything.

After that, Jesus comes to fix everything.

So the bible doesn't teach that but it does because you believe it? Not sure what to say to that honestly.

"Why try to fix things when Jesus is coming back to do it for us?" This is the reasoning the bible promotes, we see today what that reasoning has led to, complacency.
edit on 16-11-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Money has power over the government. Read Romans 13 for me and tell me it isn't a tool for those in power to make us complacent.

The Bible does not teach that Jesus will come back and fix everything.

After that, Jesus comes to fix everything.

So the bible doesn't teach that but it does because you believe it? Not sure what to say to that honestly.

"Why try to fix things when Jesus is coming back to do it for us?" This is the reasoning the bible promotes, we see today what that reasoning has led to, nothing good.

I should have said the Bible does not teach that Jesus comes back to fix everything before God's Wrath has been unleashed on the Earth. I've read Romans 13, and all it says is to obey the law and respect authority. That is not a bad thing in my opinion. The only exception to this is when Man's law goes against God's law.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

But the bible still teaches that Jesus will come back to fix it for you, that was my point.

Romans 13 also says that all authorities are established by god and that they are agents for YOUR good. It says that rulers do not bear the sword for no reason and that they only bear it against wrongdoers. It says to rebel against the government and rulers is to bring judgement upon yourself.

Sounds like an ad for those in power if you ask me, especially since it claims that those in power are god's agents for our good. Obviously that is not true. It also does not say anything about making any exceptions.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

But the bible still teaches that Jesus will come back to fix it for you, that was my point.

Romans 13 also says that all authorities are established by god and that they are agents for YOUR good. It says that rulers do not bear the sword for no reason and that they only bear it against wrongdoers. It says to rebel against the government and rulers is to bring judgement upon yourself.

Sounds like an ad for those in power if you ask me, especially since it claims that those in power are god's agents for our good. Obviously that is not true. It also does not say anything about making any exceptions.

It doesn't say it verbatim, but it is there within the text I really dont feel like looking up the references atm you can believe me or not. Yeah, but I feel like with knowledge of the Scripture one would expect the Government to get more and more corrupt as Daniel's 70th week nears.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Multiplying zeros by zeros.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

I agree. There are no true agnostics; only people who are too stubborn to come to a conclusion.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

God is within everything and IS everything, the force behind the creation of the universe was in front of me all along, I was just psychologically blinded to it. The light of God is that spark called life, and everything that comes with it. The universe is too complex and perfect for it just to be an "accident" in my opinion.

Ah yes, Spinoza's God. The most accessible version of God in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You're missing the point of Romans 13 imo. Jesus loved the Romans since he taught to love thy neighbor, committing to be pacifist. I believe Romans 13 is simply elaborating on that idea.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

I think you're missing my point. Paul says that rulers are agents of god for our good. That is not true in any way. That is more apparent today than ever before.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

So you have nothing to say about how Paul calls rulers agents of god for our good?

Are our rulers today god's agents and do they work for our good? If not, Romans 13 is false and the bible is not infallible.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

So you have nothing to say about how Paul calls rulers agents of god for our good?

Are our rulers today god's agents and do they work for our good? If not, Romans 13 is false and the bible is not infallible.

I would say in a way they work for the good of all without knowing it. They are paving the way for the final stages of the 2nd coming. However I believe Romans thirteen is really elaborating on Love thy neighbor.

For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason.

I think the verse above is letting you know that God can and does use the Government to fulfill his Word at times whether it be for god or to bring his wrath(Ex. Destruction of Tyre)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

It says that rulers bring wrath upon the "wrongdoer" and that they commend those that do right. This obviously isn't true in today's world. The rulers of today bring wrath upon those who do right and commend the wrongdoers, they do the exact opposite of what Romans 13 says they do.

If you can't see that then you are thoroughly blinded by indoctrination and fear.
edit on 17-11-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

It says that rulers bring wrath upon the "wrongdoer" and that they commend those that do right. This obviously isn't true in today's world. The rulers of today bring wrath upon those who do right and commend the wrongdoers, they do the exact opposite of what Romans 13 says they do.

If you can't see that then you are thoroughly blinded by indoctrination and fear.
edit on 17-11-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Please remember that I said with knowledge of the Bible one would expect the government to become more and more corrupt, remember during the tribulation the antichrist will be at the head of a global government...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

So you're telling me this passage does not apply to today? The bible says that god doesn't change, neither does his word. If god's word doesn't change, this passage SHOULD apply today just as it did back then.

What did the Christians do to deserve the Roman rulers bearing the sword against them at the time of Romans being written? As Paul was writing this letter, the rulers were throwing Christians to the lions and burning them alive on the stake. Were those Christians wrongdoers in Paul's opinion? Because his writings in Romans 13 says that they were. Not only does the passage not apply to today's world, it didn't even apply at the time of it being written!

"They are god's agents to bring wrath upon the wrongdoer", that implies those Christians who believed and spread the truth were doing wrong because the rulers brought wrath upon them by persecuting them. In fact, the Roman rulers beheaded Paul himself, so Romans 13 is complete and utter BS.
edit on 18-11-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join