It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI warns of U.S. government breaches by Anonymous hackers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The FBI has issued a memo that outlines some government agency computers have been under hack attack for a year already.

Hackers from Anonymous apparently also left back doors open and returned later to steal sensitive info on government employees, contractors, and family members.

The memo warns that something should be done !!

So, we have somebody hacking and stealing and now they say somebody needs to do something long after the damage is done ?

Is the government *THAT* inept, incompetent, and lazy to allow this in the first place and then appear to drag their collective feet ?

Sounds pretty much normal these days eh?

(Reuters) - Activist hackers linked to the collective known as Anonymous have secretly accessed U.S. government computers in multiple agencies and stolen sensitive information in a campaign that began almost a year ago, the FBI warned this week.

The hackers exploited a flaw in Adobe Systems Inc's software to launch a rash of electronic break-ins that began last December, then left "back doors" to return to many of the machines as recently as last month, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said in a memo seen by Reuters.

The memo, distributed on Thursday, described the attacks as "a widespread problem that should be addressed." It said the breach affected the U.S. Army, Department of Energy, Department of Health and Human Services, and perhaps many more agencies.

story....
FBI warns of U.S. government breaches by Anonymous hackers

Shows we can't trust government at all ... right?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If the FBI is going after "hackers" for this, shouldn't they be arresting the NSA as well?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The timing of this report with the highly secretive TPP, Trans-Pacific Partnership is highly questionable. Seems to me they are trying to soften us up again, so that they can just take more of our freedoms away from us.....

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm sure the hackers are only conducting electronic surveillance to keep the world safe from terrorism. You'd be surprised how many potential terrorist suspects have contact with the US Government. If the government is doing nothing wrong, they should welcome this surveillance. It is for their own safety, after all.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

VictorVonDoom
I'm sure the hackers are only conducting electronic surveillance to keep the world safe from terrorism. You'd be surprised how many potential terrorist suspects have contact with the US Government. If the government is doing nothing wrong, they should welcome this surveillance. It is for their own safety, after all.

I love what you did here. Just had to say it because, well, a star just wasn't enough for the epic humor in your post.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

VictorVonDoom

I agree with WhiteAlice - awesome post!

I'd star it again if I could...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

If the FBI is going after "hackers" for this, shouldn't they be arresting the NSA as well?
reply to post by Carreau

I had to give you a star for that line. Well said, lol.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
whats the gov doing using adobe software...

basically when they spend millions developing websites and the TRILLIONS they spend attempting to run our government.....
oooh I'm a bit ticked now.

Adobe that I use...is free

I'm thinking we need to free the government too

I'm almost about to become a fan of ANON

almost

X

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
oooh wait.....I guess I probably get it...regardless of if the gov was using the free adobe stuff in their %^&ilion dollar websites
they are gonna blame the 'employees' of said government that were personally using the cheep software products of adobe...that then made their personal information to be compromised...and that then lead to backdoor hacking via passwords they collected and profile info...
ok...it could be a little complicated...
but still....really....preventable

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
anyone who doesn't concule that this isn't classic PRS protocol on the part of the fbi and nsa is a fool.

to mention a group of "hacker terrorists" by name is simply dropping little nuggets of deception for the masses to eat up.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
well apparently the government do not like to be beaten at their own game....how funny

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

VictorVonDoom

perfectly put I wish I could give you more than one star for this.

new topics

top topics

join