It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

radioactive tuna? a question of concern.. Fukushima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Not trying to fear monger. But last night I had a good day .what seemed like an average night to me. A quarter way in to My can of tuna ,i discovered that my mouth became numb. No I wasn't too concerned while I was consuming the can from bumblebee. It wasn't until I notice where their factory or main headquarters are located at San Diego California. Now its just had me thinkin although I never had a real adverse affect from tuna before. Normally people will be eating this stuff with rellish and mayo
And other stuff to cover any other adversity they might happen. Is this a concern or should i just eat away? Radioactive levels must be harming the tuna population if millions of tons of nuke water is leaking. Am i being silly...??? Or tinfoily?
edit on 15-11-2013 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Thats why I own a Geiger counter.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I feel your pain!

Canned tuna used to be a staple in my house! Not anymore! I also loved shrimp, but after the Gulf spill and the corexit that was dumped into it, I have quit eating shrimp. (I didn't eat it a lot because of the price anyways, but it most certainly was a random treat I used to indulge 3 to 4 times a year.)

After that being said, it is getting harder and harder to actually find food to eat that I consider safe! Unless of course it is grown or raised by a local farmer!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

For radiation to have that strong and immediate effect, it'd kill you.

I'd suspect maybe mercury. Look up the symptoms of heavy metal toxicity.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Radiation, from what I understand, does not cause numbness. In fact, initial ingestion of radioactive material does not have any IMMEDIATE side effects, so it is unlikely that radioactivity is the cause of the numbness in your mouth. You would probably want to look into heavy metals more than radioactivity, if there is a sensory change happening while you actually eat the stuff, that is, assuming that it is the tuna which is causing the numbness.

You may wish to visit the doctor if you are truely concerned, only, I would advise you not to profer any theories while you are at the doctors office.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
My mouth was numb for around 5 minutes

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

TrueBrit

Radiation, from what I understand, does not cause numbness. In fact, initial ingestion of radioactive material does not have any IMMEDIATE side effects, so it is unlikely that radioactivity is the cause of the numbness in your mouth. You would probably want to look into heavy metals more than radioactivity, if there is a sensory change happening while you actually eat the stuff, that is, assuming that it is the tuna which is causing the numbness.

You may wish to visit the doctor if you are truely concerned, only, I would advise you not to profer any theories while you are at the doctors office.

Holy crap thx. Now i know!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
same thing happened to me 2 months ago eating tuna sashimi.

Lets just say I have not had sushi since and no plans too in the future.

I used to eat sushi 2 times a week.

Now Im OUT

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Just an interesting aside, the reason that the Russians have such a history of using polonium 210 as an assassination tool, is that radioactive isotopes do not cause a big reaction upon ingestion, which means by the time the target realises something is wrong, they are a dead man walking. This means that an operative can deliver the poison to the target, and be away without any big fuss. This makes it more effective than something like cyanide, which, while fast acting, a quicker kill, makes a bigger scene, which is not very elegant, or conducive to allowing the assassin to make their getaway before the commotion begins.

With polonium 210 however, as we know from the case of Alexander Litvinenko, death can take a considerable time to do its work, but cannot be prevented from killing its target once it has been delivered and absorbed into the body.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well , as i have said since the Tsunami happened - Any logical human being would realise that the food chain is broken by now.

The only explaination i have for our recent "disasters" is social and possibly biological engineering since we don`t know anything about nuclear radiation bar the mainstream head fk we get force fed right through our lives . One thing i know for certain , Fukishima`s spills are not the result of a "natural disaster" , and they are definatley contaminating the water + food supply world-wide .

These disasters , even tornados and volcano eruptions - are designed to shock and awe ..... man noticed a power that shook the world and took control of it .... just like everything else .

plus ....... you all use microwaves anyway right ? ..... most of you have ate microwaved foods from being babies right ? ... you`re already mutants , what you crying about ? you mad bro ? *troll-face* etc.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Wow TrueBrit!I never knew that.Thanks for that interesting post!Star for you.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Would make a good movie , Intro - some dude in a London Café drinks a cup of tea containing traces of plutonium or some crap by some guys he has a problem with in good old Ruskie land ...... When he realises he`s been poisoned he goes on a solo mission -> against time

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by EnemyOfTheSane

That would be a pretty cool film, although Polonium 210 would have to be exchanged for something which did not have such devastating effects.

You see, although there is no initial fit or seizure involved with Polonium poisoning, its effects will be known within the day of ingestion. Mr Litvinenko for example, was poisoned on the 1st of November 2006, and died on the 22nd that same month. However, he was effectively incapacitated by the poison from a period lasting from twenty four hours after ingesting the poison, until his death. The first few days after the initial poisoning, he was beset by diarrhea and vomiting, which would have kept him bound to within staggering distance of a toilet.

Things only became worse from that point forward, an ambulance was called, and from the moment he was loaded into it, until his death, he was not capable of much by way of movement.

Just a little detail of this abominable act that made me even more volcanically angry about what happened... the poison was delivered in a cup of tea. To me, that is rather akin to coating the British Union Flag in anthrax.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I would like to own a geiger counter and test the canned tuna available for sale here.... But that is too costly and difficult to get for me at this time.

Do you buy canned tuna often and if so have you tested any (or many) cans of it?

The premise of the OP has been on my mind for many months, but I have not had any odd (especially immediate) symptoms to cause too much concern for canned tuna, though I try to avoid seafood in general, in particular old fish that travel long distances like tuna.

top topics

join