It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Express campaign in the UK is laughable.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Please, fellow members, look at this.

www.amexshopsmall.co.uk...

American Express seem to want to make themselves look good right now. I can appreciate that. Everyone wants their business to look good. However, the best way to do that, is to play to ones strengths, rather than highlight ones weaknesses.

The reason I say this, is that I work in a small business, and as the linked page clearly indicates, Amex are trying to make it appear as if they are a friend to small businesses. However, as a small business, we do not now, and have never accepted American Express cards. The reason? Transactions via that company are expensive to administrate, and unless we were to up our card limit to transactions of over £10.00, we would not be able to afford to process them on a regular basis. I should point out that our current limit is £3.00, which makes use of the card machine more convenient for our customers, the vast majority of whom use other cards.

And it is not just us. I do not know of all that many small businesses that would take Amex either. The whole idea of American Express being a friend to the small business is a total joke, because all card processing with them is like getting bent over by an enraged bull elephant, in that it never seemed like a position you wanted to be in, and all that happens when you are in it, is that ones assumptions are confirmed. So how can we observe this activity by American Express, and assume anything other than the enactment of some vast hypocrisy?

join