It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix and lovefilm player all in one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm looking to buy a small unit that will play Netflix and also Lovefilm for a Xmas present for someone I know. I don't want two seperate boxes or even need one with a DVD player. Just something that will play both of these and others if possible.
Any suggestions would be good. Thanks

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Any tablet on the market right now will offer both netflix and LoveFilm. Although I believe if you are outside of the UK you won't be able to access it without a proxy of some sort, where LoveFilm is concerned. Netflix of course will work on any device that is Android, iOS or Windows 8.1 based.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I have a small netflix box that plays good but want one that will play both for my friend. Maybe someone,has one they can recommend?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Oh? I didn't know there was hardware specific for netflix.

The only ones I can find are for either one or another. I doubt you'll find both on the same device, since they are direct competitors.

www.roku.com...

That's one of the ones I found.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I did find one that plays both plus a lot of other channels but it was a blue Ray DVD player as well. It's a bit big so not practical for the purpose I'm afraid. One I have is a small Philips that plays Netflix and YouTube as well which is handy....

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

scotsdavy1
I'm looking to buy a small unit that will play Netflix and also Lovefilm for a Xmas present for someone I know. I don't want two seperate boxes or even need one with a DVD player. Just something that will play both of these and others if possible.
Any suggestions would be good. Thanks

PS3 is pretty compact. It has Netflix, Lovefilm, DVD, and BluRay. Not to mention it's also a PS3.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Can't afford a ps3 unfortunately...

top topics

join