It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is religion a mental disorder?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

blupblup

RevelationGeneration

I believe it's more likely to be demonic voices than mental disorder.

I would go insofar as saying 75% of people with so called schizophrenia are possessed or suffering some kind of demonic affliction.
edit on 21-11-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Except there is literally no such thing as demons?

So no, It's mental disorders or something we haven't discovered yet, but it's definitely not demons.

I love how your denial uses it's own faux logic to not only say what YouYou think is true, but also take it upon yourself to speak for EVERYONE in existance

That has got to be some kind of mental disorder all by itself.. It is actually a neurosis..

By the way, I know they do exist for a fact. although that fact is not known or cared about in the academia realm of know-it-all's.

I am glad you have never been bothered by them, so your non belief is a good thing because it means you aren't being ruined by those evil things..

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by beatbox

If you question the Government or believe in the NWO or any other belief that the Government wants to rule the world, the Government will label you as having a mental disorder in order to shut you up and to make others believe that you are crazy and that anything that you say against the Government is just plain nonsense, so that the Government can continue to do whatever they want and get away with it.

In today's society, most religions are peaceful, except for your extremist and radical religions, for example: Muslim Extremist who believe that if you don't believe in their god and their way of life, you should die. Most religions in today's time don't pose a threat to any government in the world, so the government leaves them alone, unless the Government feels threatened by them, in which case the Government will declare all out war against that religion, as the United States did to the Branch Davidians in Waco, Texas.

Sure, an atheist can say that people who believe in a god and believe in an after life are crazy or that they have a mental disorder, but the same thing can be said of an ahtheist, who believes that there is no god and no after life, because that person could get depressed or mentally unstable because they believe that there is nothing but this one life that they have and there is nothing else. The mentally unstable atheist could think that they might as well get all that they can out of this life before he or she dies, whether they have to steal or kill for it.

So, you can actually say that a person who believes in a god or an atheist are both crazy, it just depends on what your belief is and how you want to label the person or people who have a different belief than your belief or your opinion. We all have different beliefs and opinions. It is okay to think that your belief or opinion is right and everybody else's belief is wrong, as long as you don't get violent and try to do harm to others. But, if a government feels threatened because of your way of thinking, whether you believe in a god or whether you are an atheist, that government will do what it can to stop you from getting others to believe the same way as you do, even if it means that they have to kill you. That is the way that every government has been since the beginning of time and that is the way all government will ever be.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

UndercoverJoe
Sure, an atheist can say that people who believe in a god and believe in an after life are crazy or that they have a mental disorder, but the same thing can be said of an ahtheist

Without any factual medical and psychological data to support your claims, you are just whistling dixie.
The OP had established the premise.
Refute the medical and psychological data established by the OP or you concede the arguement.
Ignore the material and you concede the arguement.
Attempt to derail the thread and you concede the arguement.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

The question was this:

The point I'm trying to ask is this:

How does questioning the govt or talking about the NWO(which we all know exist or atleast been referenced by the pope and other world leaders on more then one occation) calls for mental health treatment but you have millions of ppl who believe or have faith in something that has never been proven to exist...it's almost like Santa clause for adults...

I think that I did answer that persons question, even though in your opinion, you don't think that I did.

You can put a label on anyone and say that they have a mental illness, as the person in the first video implies. But just because a person puts a label on you because you think different than they do, it does not mean that they have labeled correctly. That is just their way of saying that because you don't believe the same as they do, you must have a mental problem. You can say the same thing about a person who believes that the government is trying to control everyone. You can put a label on them and say that they are delusional or mentally deranged, but just because that is your opinion of that person, that doesn't mean that they have a mental disability at all. They could be the one that is actual sane and you could be the one with the mental disorder, just because you don't believe in their way of thinking.

Opinions are just like assholes.... every bodies got one, some stink and some don't.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

UndercoverJoe
You can put a label on anyone and say that they have a mental illness, as the person in the first video implies.

There is a problem with your premise.
He actually proved his claim with facts but it's possible you just didn't watch the rest and so wouldn't know that.
You are just disagreeing here and not providing any facts to refute the OP or support your position.
I appreciate the attempt but the rest of your post demonstrates you didn't actually pay attention to the material contained in the videos. You have made some contradictory statements which the video either disproved or never made reference to in the first place.
I'll still be here if you finish watching them.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

wildtimes
Why are you not asking me directly?
I'd need sources to look at before responding to this story you mentioned.

My kids were raised in a house without "religious dogma", and they are *ahem* fine. And very tolerant.

no not directly... it was a response I felt to your ethics while reading anothera post to you. So you may view it more like an extension...

I posted some links to an interesting question I wouldn't mind seeing you try to tackle... if you can tackle all the variables of the human being in question not being your own subject.

it can easily be deduced that William J. Murray was exposed to extremism, a radical transformation from not only what is natural in the human development, but from the reality of the social norms which surrounded him.

After some time and with independence he searched for the truth and found it.

edit on th325613p0400000056R32 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

wildtimes
Why are you not asking me directly?
I'd need sources to look at before responding to this story you mentioned.

My kids were raised in a house without "religious dogma", and they are *ahem* fine. And very tolerant.

no not directly... it was a response I felt to your ethics while reading anothers post to you. So you may view it more like an expansion...

I posted some links to an interesting question I wouldn't mind seeing you try to tackle... if you can tackle all the variables of the human being in question and not being your own subject.

it can easily be deduced that William J. Murray was exposed to extremism, a radical transformation from not only what is natural in the human development, but from the reality of the social norms which surrounded him.

After some time and with independence he searched for the truth and found it.

edit on th582813p0400000028R58 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Like I said Eryiedes, every bodies got their own opinion. You can say what you want and that is your opinion, but that does not make you right.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

UndercoverJoe

Like I said Eryiedes, every bodies got their own opinion. You can say what you want and that is your opinion, but that does not make you right.

That's correct everybody has an opinion.
Except the facts established by the OP support my position and not yours.
THAT'S the difference, sir...even if you refuse to acknowledge it.

-Peace-

edit on 24-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I am not going to argue with you,Eryiedes. We all have our own opinions. We could keep arguing with each other, but that would be useless. ATS is a forum of discussion, so maybe we should let the people decide whether we are right or wrong. Our opinions might not even be that of the other people in this forum, so we both could actually be wrong in the way that we think. I don't think that we should condemn the way that other people think, just because their opinion is different from our own. We can actually learn more by listening to other peoples opinions, because just maybe, their opinion makes some sense.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UndercoverJoe

Yes, you can argue with me...anyone can (and has)...but you can't argue with the facts of this case.
No one can and your sudden capitulation is proof of this.
Your refusal to view the material and dismiss whatever parts of it you did watch is very telling of the fragility of your position.
It's unfortunate you think verified and established psychological and medical doctrine comes across to you as just opinion but there's nothing I can do about that.
That is an issue you must tackle yourself.
Good luck on your journey.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Good luck with your fragile journey too, my friend.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

There is nothing fragile about my journey.
That's why none of you can dispute the facts presented here...at all.
If my position were truely as fragile as you would like to alude then everyone would have had a field day with the OP...but that's not what's happening here is it?
I'm sorry you feel slighted but that's not my problem.
The next time you decide to weigh in on a topic...familiarize yourself with what the facts under discussion are or else you will always come across like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I love your persistence, my friend. Once again, I wish you well on your fragile journey.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

No, you don't.
You're still angry.
The good news is...you'll get over it.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I was not ever angry, my friend and I am not angry now. I love people like you. You make me laugh. I wish you well, my friend.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Evening,

So here we are at page 28 and not one of you out there can refute the facts of the OP.
I've lost count how many have tried to torpedo the OP's premise but they all went down in flames.
I put this challenge out to anyone who will dare:

Refute the facts established by the OP or you must concede defeat.
Ignore the material provided and you already concede defeat.
Derail the thread and you already concede defeat.
Use ad-hom attacks and you already concede defeat.

Is there anyone out there who has the temerity & courage to accept this challenge?

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You are lying now.
Passive aggressive attacks are a sign of anger.
When I point out your belief is fragile...it was verified when you conceded.
When you say it...it's because you lost.
I'm sorry...I didn't invent psychology...I just read it.
Now, address the OP and not me or find a new thread to troll.

-Peace-

edit on 24-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I have no reason to lie, my friend. I am an adult. Children are the ones that lie. I just state the facts of what I see and what is true. You still make me laugh though. You are persistent like the Energizer Bunny. You keep going and going and going.

Once again, good luck on your journey and your quest to prove yourself right.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join