It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape: "Ladies, it's your fault."

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Hey Thx for the attack...

Your quote "First off, 60% of rapes go unreported. A whopping 96% of rapists never see jail time. False accusations of rape are a whopping 8%. So they are not a problem. "

How do you know 60% of all rapes go unreported? If they unreported you dont know...I aslo agree that many go unreported....and your stat of 8% of false accusations is complete bull....what happens is when the case is obviously made up they just leave it as unsolved...many claim rape but can't describe the guy because they are fictional. So it goes down in the books as rape but it was made up. That never makes the 8% bundle.

Have you also ever thought of the accusations of rape against cops? Trust me Im not defending cops here...I left for a reason...I hated the job and the way law enforcement worked entirely. The system is broke for sure. But its broke on both ends. We spend more time investigating accusations against our own as we do the public. Because every person you arrest seems to have a gripe.

I left because I am done protecting you. Because of the publics ignorance and the ignorance of the system. There will be a day when the shtf and it will be people like me no longer there to protect people like you.

Those stats you posted are complete bull#. And ill tell you this...dont think I dont care...my ex gf was a rape victim and I cant tell you the countless hours Id spend holding her at night...you dont know # about me...what ive seen and what ive done. But you can post a bull# stat and say there ya go buddy...see my stat you are an ass mister officer. There are stats and graphs and charts and then there are people who are there in the thick of it. Ill take experience any day over stats.

edit on 19-11-2013 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It's very difficult to get a rape conviction in the US unless you're a 90 year old nun with a minimum of 5 bullet wounds.
Slutty women don't help the cause by being "party girls". When you have such shows like Girls Gone Wild, Sex in the City, Desperate Housewives, etc. with women flaunting their sexuality and then saying "look but don't touch", you create a problem where one doesn't need to exist.

I wish that guys had better control over their urges (and I think REAL men-with manly virtues-do) but the sad reality is that guys are visually stimulated. I'm not saying that it's a woman's fault if she's raped but there are common sense behaviors that, if ignored, are conducive to dangerous consequences. For example, I don't walk down back alleys at night because of the high probability of getting mugged. I don't drive down the middle of the road because of the high probability of having a head-on collision. I don't wear immodest clothing because I'm not advertising an "all you can eat buffet" here.

Until such time as the laws of nature are changed and a woman can walk butt naked down the street in complete safety, we have a responsibility to do what we can to protect ourselves. If despite all our best efforts, violence against women continues, then I say the perpetrators need to be lined up before a firing squad once a week and see if that doesn't cut down on the problem.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Eidolon23
reply to post by OmegaSynthesis

Why is it misleading?

I think it's right on beam.

I think that it was well done and an excellent use of satire and sarcasm to get the point across.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Once you know some actual numbers, you'll realize the scam, that "rape culture" (targeted solely at women) is. Even though this video is speaking about the situation in India (?), it's clearly targeted at the English/western audience. This turns a supposed awareness-campaign into a cheap attention-grab.
Also, despite the complete irrelevance for (in case of the posted picture) the American audience, and the complete neglect of the Indian one, videos like that do only one thing. They cause harm to both sides. They implant the idea of evil men into many people's heads (of both genders), and also the never-ending self-victimization of women, which leads to way more problems than it solves (if any).

So, in short: This video is a useless attention grab. No part of it is going to tackle any actual crime-related problem, but will definitively (subliminally) implant false and potentially dangerous ideas and mind-sets.

edit on 19-11-2013 by Marsupilami because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The way I see it, unless you're a guy with a decent job and good genes, you're screwed. Far preferable to just get good stuff to fap to and a lot less frustration. If you want to help the world, adopt a child or feed a sperm bank. No reason to rape, it's stupid and callous. Fapping ain't a bad thing. It's adaptive.

What do I think causes rape? Well, I think it's primarily the culture of men that has developed over the past several thousand years. I also think it's genes. I think women have better emotional intelligence and this translates to understanding other people better. Men don't understand as well and thus there's non-social behavior. Research I've seen suggests some of this is hard-wired into our brain as result of gender.

Culturally and behaviorally they might be able to re-train people or adjust them in fair amounts, but some of it will just have to be removed via natural selection or gene manipulation. They'll be able to look at the genes a baby carries in the womb and mothers will be able to abort if it's carrying the wrong set of genes. It's also possible they'll be able to alter how the brain grows during pregnancy. A lot of what makes men men will be classified as a mental disorder. So over the course of decades or hundreds of years, men will change in character dramatically.

I think men of the future will be much more social and understanding of others emotional needs. Women will be more confident than they're today and also more technical-oriented. I think it's like a merging of the two genders but not completely. Someday we might even be able to grow babies artificially, if we find a reason to justify it. You have to keep your mind open to these possibilities.

Look at society. So much focus is placed on making men more sociable and staying in school. There's also a push to make science more attractive to women and to urge them on a path to build their confidence. It looks like we're in a paradigm shift. I think a lot of it's brought on by technology enabling more opportunity for everyone. Old boundaries have to come down. People have to change. Takes time. A lot of people won't change. This is a shift which will require 100's of years.
edit on 19-11-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

jonnywhite
The way I see it, unless you're a guy with a decent job and good genes, you're screwed. Far preferable to just get good stuff to fap to and a lot less frustration. If you want to help the world, adopt a child or feed a sperm bank. No reason to rape, it's stupid and callous. Fapping ain't a bad thing. It's adaptive.

That is only in the west, if you build an orphanage in Africa you might get lucky with an African woman at your side. Or Australia, the natives there need someone to take care of children as well, or India and streetkids but Africans are the most easy to understand ones in India you get thousands of years of talking about their God with the kids.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Anyway women need to understand males can be in control of themselves just as women can and to even think about doubting this is the real problem. And women shouldn't pretend it only happens to them because there are more women today who are becoming more and more like men they disliked for so many centuries and one of these days it'll be just as normal for a guy to get raped as it would be for women.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Eidolon23
Another gender flip: women have always been the straight man (hur). No longer.

edit on 15-11-2013 by Eidolon23 because: hur.

What do you mean by gender flip? Men will always be the most powerful, they will always be the initiators. The male always has the first choice, then a woman can either endorse it, or not. If the female does not approve, the male can't do much except try to make a male homosexual and fool people into believing a female approves. Because after all they have the babies and every human instinctively knows where it came from. Otherwise, your mother should be the only one to understand killing is wrong, as they give life themselves so what would be the point of it all? Unless there is no more room left for talking, that is when it is one vs the other and then the female has no choice but to sit it out while the male defends the home.

On a larger scale, a larger picture, this is how choices are made, it is a universal system. Sure it can be the other way around but just not on this planet.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Protection from men is good, women who go dating should have agremeents with men they know and trust. They must also learn about the hierarchy of men, with the Grand Spirit in the afterlife who rules all men.

Women also need to understand it's always 50-50 eachothers' fault so they are both to blame, the women for not being able to explain the male she doesn't want to but also the male for not being able to understand her.

The argument about clothing is so old, do the women know men can fantasize about anything they like? And if a woman believes the male is fantasizing about her then it is her fault if she gets into trouble, not the guy.
First because she would be breaking and entering into a males domain, which is the same for a woman but that is not the issue here because a male has to fantasize a house for the woman first for her to appear in the male fantasy and if she does not like it she needs to give it up.

Second because a male can use the image of a woman as he likes, it is his fantasy and the woman should not confuse herself with the image the male made for himself to fantasize about.

And if women take advantage of a male they should be warned about cosmic forces they are messing with and how it can go wrong, in these times on a global scale. Although such women are hard to reach, have been until recently actually with the invention of computers but I digress.

And yes, the same goes for homosexual males and females, if the other believes they are fantasizing about them in a way which is only possible between opposite genders then it is the heterosexual persons fault, not the homosexuals who are confused, or angry at the world.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join