It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Going To Be Blown Away By This Personnal Pic: Is this a REAL Ghost in Vatican?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

St0rD
Hi ATS,

I've got something for you guys that really might interest you all.

It's been a long time since I wanted to upload this mysterious picture but I guess I was waiting for the right moment.
So here we are folks -

Background story:
Some years ago, after the death of her father, my friend along with her sister made a trip to the beautiful city of Vatican. At some point during the voyage, they went to visit the famous St. Peter's church. Nothing extraordinary yet, huh?

Well, the fact is that something very miraculous (or so I like to think) happened inside of the church. While my friend was taking a picture of her sister, something very unusual appeared on the photo at the same time.

I'll show you guys the picture and then we can discuss -

I do not want this OP to be too long because I want to hear what you all think of this, so I'll go straight to the point:

You can see my friend's sister in the middle of the picture, in the light beam. You can also see an unknown guy lying to her left, with a blue shirt... and next to this guy you can ALSO see a very STRANGE light form which strongly look human.

I highly encourage you all to download the picture on your computer and analyze it properly because if you zoom in, you can see that the 'light person' has a pair of gloves and is actually holding a bag. She has a dress and you can clearly see the bounderies of her body.

Mysterious, isn't it?

When my friend decided to talk to me about this photo she looked extremly anxious. With the recent death of her father, she didn't really know what to think.

And I can certify to you all that there was nobody at this place at this moment. This is also very real, no fake here.

So, what's your thoughts ATS?

StOrD

The exif data says the exposure was 1/15 th of a second it was someone with light clothing which has resulted in a burned out hightlight look at the person in the background you see the same effect.

Panasonic DMC-FZ8
Exposure Time 1/15 second
Lens F-Number ƒ/2.8
ISO Speed Ratings [0x8827] = 400

iso 400 at f 2.8 for 1/15 th of a second with bright light shining on the person resulted in a gross over exposure!!!
edit on 15-11-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This one is a bit more tricky than just somebody dressed in white and being saturated in the light, but it's the same place though.

In edit I should have added, it's not a ghosty, it's just another light from a source behind the camera, and the beam of light you can see is unrelated. You can see the light follows the contours of the pillar and the walls.

However, the 'Daily Mail' decided to go with it at the time.

edit on 15-11-2013 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

The photograph is overexposed in mainly the lower left corner because of bright sunlight. See how the color and detail of the floor in that area is whited out? The woman walking by is too brightly lit to be seen. The sister's legs are also affected in the same way up to about her knees. Cool effect though.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

OneManArmy

St0rD

As for people claiming it's over light exposure (which could be the case), I'm asking do you often see over light exposure making perfect proportionnal human being form?

Yes. When the object being overexposed due to the lighting is a person, then yes, it takes a perfect proportional human being form.

I already stated in the OP that there was nobody at the location of the light person. Don't you think I'd have asked my friend before posting something like this?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

As for people claiming it's over light exposure (which could be the case), I'm asking do you often see over light exposure making perfect proportionnal human being form?

The light you are talking about is shining on a person, so therefore it is making a perfect proportional human being form.
its irrelevant that the light is over-exposed, that just makes the person totally white, making them look like a ghost
So this is not a ghost, just over exposure light on a person...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Although in this instance I think this is over contrasted camera software in a dimly lit place…

yes, ghosts can carry bags. Some of the ones I have seen manifest are so real they have clothes, hats… one time I watched one walk by and I even heard boots walking on cement. "He" was carrying an old style wooden tool box.

They were in fact so real I thought it was a person and only found out later they were supposed ghosts that many other people before me saw in the exact same "garb".

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Do me a favor and shift the Point of View to include the man just off frame to the right.

Edit: His right arm and elbow have "turned to ghost", too.
edit on 15-11-2013 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

St0rD
I'm also adding:

do people wear gloves in churches?

Other peoples motions are blurry. Wether by camera setting or software, its a longer exposure because of the dimly lit space.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

St0rD

I already stated in the OP that there was nobody at the location of the light person. Don't you think I'd have asked my friend before posting something like this?

Yes you did say that, however the picture paints a different story in some ways, the image in question to the right, (as viewed) has very little pixel bleed, pretty much a clean pixel contour, not what you might expect in a light saturated picture. While on the left side, (as viewed) it is very much more a natural image and even hair is visible. In my mind then, at least part of the picture has been doctored.
edit on 15-11-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

intrptr

Do me a favor and shift the Point of View to include the man just off frame to the right.

Edit: His right arm and elbow have "turned to ghost", too.

I may be subtle in my wording. Trust that I took all into account. I have people over so I am not going to edit any more pictures, but know that I do not support the OP. I was supporting the OP as a cool picture that was not faked. I didn't say anything else haha..

Not sure if that is what you were getting at or not as I am responding to your edit, but you know..

I focus on what is there rather than what is not.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
you guys get it all wrong

Its a weather balloon reflecting moonlight trapped in swamp gas

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Was there a novice nun or a nun all in white there as that is exactly what it looks like with the sun light on her and the central space the man also in the central space is glaring but I suspect he was not in so white a top, still a beautiful picture and I wish that one day I could see that place.
Still if you did not see here there and you would have then the ghost possability is open, I for one do believe in ghosts and the afterlife so do not take me too harshly.

edit on 15-11-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

AnonyWarp
you guys get it all wrong

Its a weather balloon reflecting moonlight trapped in swamp gas

LMAO! I'm done.

Anyway, geesh, some harsh comments in replies to the OP. Perhaps your friend didn't recall anyone walking by, also people are moving about as you can tell by some blurry people in the background. Most definitely looks like an over-saturation, however.

~Sovereign
edit on 15-11-2013 by SovereignEve because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It's simple overexposure of the shot is all. I'm not saying I don't believe in ghosts, I'm just saying that this particular photo seems to be overly exposed.

A good rule of thumb is that, if it's easy to recreate, then it's validity as a "ghostly" photo becomes less convincing.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Looks like the spirit of a little old Nun. Very cool catch. The girl looks like she is bathed in a spiritual light. Nice. Makes you want to do some EVP work huh?
edit on pm1130pmFri, 15 Nov 2013 21:03:09 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

No problem. You have good editing skills, thats why I asked. If I may, what program do you use to enhance a pic like that?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

wmd_2008

St0rD
Hi ATS,

I've got something for you guys that really might interest you all.

It's been a long time since I wanted to upload this mysterious picture but I guess I was waiting for the right moment.
So here we are folks -

Background story:
Some years ago, after the death of her father, my friend along with her sister made a trip to the beautiful city of Vatican. At some point during the voyage, they went to visit the famous St. Peter's church. Nothing extraordinary yet, huh?

Well, the fact is that something very miraculous (or so I like to think) happened inside of the church. While my friend was taking a picture of her sister, something very unusual appeared on the photo at the same time.

I'll show you guys the picture and then we can discuss -

I do not want this OP to be too long because I want to hear what you all think of this, so I'll go straight to the point:

You can see my friend's sister in the middle of the picture, in the light beam. You can also see an unknown guy lying to her left, with a blue shirt... and next to this guy you can ALSO see a very STRANGE light form which strongly look human.

I highly encourage you all to download the picture on your computer and analyze it properly because if you zoom in, you can see that the 'light person' has a pair of gloves and is actually holding a bag. She has a dress and you can clearly see the bounderies of her body.

Mysterious, isn't it?

When my friend decided to talk to me about this photo she looked extremly anxious. With the recent death of her father, she didn't really know what to think.

And I can certify to you all that there was nobody at this place at this moment. This is also very real, no fake here.

So, what's your thoughts ATS?

StOrD

The exif data says the exposure was 1/15 th of a second it was someone with light clothing which has resulted in a burned out hightlight look at the person in the background you see the same effect.

Panasonic DMC-FZ8
Exposure Time 1/15 second
Lens F-Number ƒ/2.8
ISO Speed Ratings [0x8827] = 400

iso 400 at f 2.8 for 1/15 th of a second with bright light shining on the person resulted in a gross over exposure!!!
edit on 15-11-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

Theres me thinking it might be photoshopped!!!!

Still i`ll go with the general consensus and yeah it`s a trick of the light!!!

Or a manipulated photo.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
St0rD :

You're Going To Be Blown Away By This Personnal Pic: Is this a REAL Ghost in Vatican?

Why have you done this? Why have you sought to claim an over-exposed picture to be that of a ghost? Why?

It's obvious you either used the wrong aperture on a manual setting, or the light beams are too strong for the auto setting, and the white balance is wrong.

Do you really think you could fool anyone with such a pathetic and desperate attempt of ignorance? This is exactly why ATS is known the world over for being full of kooks and crackpots that no one takes seriously. The website really does need to do something for its own integrity by censoring out posts such as these.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I am sure these have been uploaded to ATS before so this is a page with some ghost images, the one I was searching for was the ghost of the medievil monk in plague dress with his face covered as this is probably the creepiest and is a genuine famous ghost image.
www.viralnova.com...
I do not approve though of turning the possible image of spirits of people into a freak show but then again as a christian it may allow some to be prayed for, though as a spiritual believer many stay behind because of unfinished business or because they can not rest due to a crime.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I appreciate all of the answers provided in this topic, even the harsh ones.

Now, even though I cannot prove to anyone this picture is legit, I just wanted to add that I wouldn't gain anything from faking a picture like this one. I'm just not this kind of person.

Yes, maybe I overdone the OP's title, but this is really the way I felt when my friend presented this picture to me, claiming there was nobody standing in the light body. Of course, I'm not an expert in photographs, but I thought to myself that having a proportionnal human light body like the one we have in this picture was very unusual.

A lot of you guys are claiming that must be the light reflecting on something or someone else, but I found it very odd that the light form were wearing gloves in a church. And the way she is positionned, she is looking directly at my friend's position.

Now you are free to believe what you think, but it always interesting to think out of the box and believe that ghosts may exist and appear in many forms in front of us.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join