It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Drawing Completed (Update)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm working on some new drawings as Christmas gifts. I'll post them up here when they're done, and likely be adding them to my gallery site as well.

A picture of a friend's baby (very cute), which is near completion...

A picture of my step-daughter (just looking for the right base pic to use, for my wife's present-well one of 'em)

A picture of a friend's grandfather who recently passed away (I snuck and took a digital pic of an old b&w photo of the guy in uniform, so he has no idea I have the pic or am doing a drawing...I'm expecting quite a tear jerker from this macho guy, hehe...)

If you haven't seen my work, check my sig.

Thanks!

EDIT: New Pic at the bottom of the thread

[Edited on 22-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm working on some new drawings as Christmas gifts.

I don't know about the other ATS/BTS members, but I am flattered that you thought of us for Christmas when may we expect them to be shipped?

really though can't wait to see them.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
[color=#3333FF]:shk:
Still waiting to see those new pictures.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I just finished the first drawing today, I hope to have a pic of it posted tonight...

I'm also working on another couple's child's bedroom. Disney princess theme, where I'm basically freehanding castle towers, etc. and then the princesses themselves onto the walls. So far, it's looking very good, and I'll definitely have pics of that when finished also...hopefully that project will be completed end of next weekend...the main castle parts are already painted in, just a matter of the details, and painting the princesses themselves.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
You have Fantastic Talent Gazrock! can you draw reptiles?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Here it is! ( I can't post it to my site yet as it's a Christmas present)... This is the pic of a friend's little daughter.

Here's the next one I'm doing (photo I'm basing it on), my friend's (different friend's) recently deceased grandfather....

Yeah, I can do reptiles, pretty much anything if I have a photo to work from. Of course, reptile skin is EXTREMELY detailed....to do photo-realistically, so if commissioned, would be a little more most likely...

[Edited on 22-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
You cant see it but my jaw is on the ground!!

Damn good!!!

Keep it up!!

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
That's quite an incredible job Gazrok!! Your sense of depth perception, proportion, and shading make an excellent combination in bringing your drawings to life...

....I'll never move past stick figures

Awesome stuff man!!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Beautiful work, Gazrok.

If you're not already, you should really try and do this for a living. Have you ever made illustrations for books?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This is the 1st time I've visited this forum. You're a very good artist.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
great job

how long did you do it?
you must be very patient man...
good luck with the next one!!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   

If you're not already, you should really try and do this for a living. Have you ever made illustrations for books?

Never went for the starving artist route... Never did any published art except for the poster for the Festival of States parade quite a few years back (it was pretty cool to see a poster I'd done all over downtown...I'll have to find a copy of it and put it on my site). I do have a silkscreen print in the Scholastic National Art Gallery in NY, as a result from a contest when in High School (though they spelled my name wrong by one letter...the schmucks, hehe...)

As for how long, each such drawing usually takes about 8-12 hours total drawing time. This one was about 11 hours. The next one should be closer to 9 hours. Mind you, I don't just sit down for that time straight....it's usually over the course of a week that I do them (during lunch hours, on the weekend, etc.)

you must be very patient man...

Of course, I do help moderate this asylum we call ATS, ya know...

[Edited on 23-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Wow impressive!!!

Gosh what a great gift and talent you have,

amazing work, im sure your friends will be astonished at them pieces!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Started working on the next one... I'm hoping to have it done either over the weekend, or throughout the week next week...

I've had a couple U2Us on materials, so I'll go ahead and state that... The paper I use is Vellum (specifically Strathmore Bristol Board). The pencils range from Ebony (for the really dark blacks) to 6B, 4B, HB, etc. and I use a kneaded rubber eraser (really great little things...maleable like play doh, and take up the lead, not the paper). Any of this is available at local craft or art stores (I get mine at a chain called Michaels). The finished drawings are 8" x 10" (so it's easy to find frames), and I usually work from a 4" x 5" photo...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I like the Michaels chain myself.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
VERY GOOD WORK!!!

i wish i could draw...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Thanks!

Well, I just finished (yesterday) my first room-wide mural project. Basically did a continuous (all four walls) Disney Princess castle for a friend's daughter's room. It came out really well, and I hope to post some pics of it tonight (different thread) Total time spent on it was about 24 hours.
and I did it in 3 8-hour days (over the past two weekends). This was WITH others who would paint in some of the larger areas of colors, while I drew in everything and worked on the princess images, etc.

I'm really happy (and quite amazed actually) with how it came out, so I'll try and get the pics posted tonight!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
great work gaz, I can't wait to see the murals, I have a thing for painting and drawing on walls.

btw, i hope you don't mind, but I think I might steal your idea and do some drawings as christmas gifts, I'm being cheap this year and made all my other gifts.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
No problem. Besides, nothing you can buy brings tears to their eyes more than a custom drawing of their child....

Btw, posting the mural now...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Thanks!

Well, I just finished (yesterday) my first room-wide mural project. Basically did a continuous (all four walls) Disney Princess castle for a friend's daughter's room. It came out really well, and I hope to post some pics of it tonight (different thread) Total time spent on it was about 24 hours.
and I did it in 3 8-hour days (over the past two weekends). This was WITH others who would paint in some of the larger areas of colors, while I drew in everything and worked on the princess images, etc.

I'm really happy (and quite amazed actually) with how it came out, so I'll try and get the pics posted tonight!

cannot wait for the pics!!!

sry if this was answered before but:

do you do this for a living???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join