It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds Nuclear Detination Animation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Cool video over at Aviationintl.com:

Link

Has sort of a dance beat to it.

What I didn't realize was how many nuke tests the US did and that the UK did some in the US South West too.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

That is an incredible animation isn't it? Between the US and Soviet Union, with side states banging away on their own little programs, I think they popped enough nukes to fight the war for real at least once over, if they'd been in quick succession and aimed differently.

Another area of nuclear testing I wasn't even aware happened until the last couple years were the detonations of nuclear weapons in Space. Some, well outside what could really be joked about as just high atmosphere and actually into orbital space.

The most impressive things out of those test series are the films taken literally directly below the center of the nuclear blast, since it was happening so far above. It's truly beautiful for the maelstrom of colors, but terrible for what it all actually is, of course. Youtube has a bunch of original footage from those tests out of the South Pacific. 1950's for the animation time frame.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Sammamishman
Cool video over at Aviationintl.com:

Link

Has sort of a dance beat to it.

What I didn't realize was how many nuke tests the US did and that the UK did some in the US South West too.

The flaw in that presentation is the 1945 tests and dropping the bomb on Japan were not American. They should show a combination of American British and Canadian. Those are the 3 countries that jointly developed the nuclear bomb.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

OMG this madness MUST STOP!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is by far my favorite HD vid with surface and atmospheric tests:

www.youtube.com...

The animation doesn't even include N.K.'s tests.
edit on 15-11-2013 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

And Fukushima is going to kill us all! I have often tried to explain why Chernobyl, three mile Island&fukishima type leaks wasn't a 'big deal' but i suspect that i could have saved myself a great deal of work with this animation. The other salient point we should take away from all this is that the various armed forces must actually pretty incompetent ( if you suggested testing something this often in the private sector you would get fired on the spot) and would clearly much rather play with their toys than actually fight anyone who has some toys as well.

Stellar

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

Yes, there is definitely more fall out due to nuke testing over time than in any of the three accidents that we know of. There are still several South Pacific islands that can not be re-occupied by the indigenous people that used to live on them because of the testing and I think the S.W. US deserts still have areas that are best not entered.
They did test a huge amount of them but I guess it was better to test them underground and in remote locations than test them on the population during war.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Sammamishman
They did test a huge amount of them but I guess it was better to test them underground and in remote locations than test them on the population during war.

Well i was in fact mostly joking as most of these test's were as far as i know related to testing implementation in new weapons systems of one sort of another... Having said that i can easily imagine the opposite and that many of these tests were in fact as redundant as much else of what our military complexes engages in.

Stellar

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

Most of the detonations were composed of Weapons Design Tests, Weapon Functions Tests, Defense Structure Integrity Tests, Yield Tests, EMP Tests, among many other purposes and reasons.

new topics

top topics

join